I see so many ppl still confusing the two

Prev13
Legendaries and Hero’s Journeys are NOT the same kind of events.

Legendaries require FACTIONS. A Legendary toon unlocks at 5*. A Legendary toon has 5 abilities and 2 zetas (except capital ship Chimaera).

Hero’s Journeys require SPECIFIC CHARACTERS. A Hero’s Journey toon unlocks at 7*. A Hero’s Journey toon has 6 abilities and 3 zetas.

Current Legendaries:

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, R2-D2, Grand Admiral Thrawn, BB-8, Chewbacca and Chimaera

Current Hero’s Journeys:

Commander Luke Skywalker, Rey (Jedi Training) and Jedi Knight Revan

Giving Old Republic tag to any toon wouldn’t help you get Revan. You cannot wait for a more easily farmable OR toon to get Revan next time.

Replies

• Omeah wrote: »

Legendaries require FACTIONS. A Legendary toon unlocks at 5*. A Legendary toon has 5 abilities and 2 zetas (except capital ship Chimaera).

Hero’s Journeys require SPECIFIC CHARACTERS. A Hero’s Journey toon unlocks at 7*. A Hero’s Journey toon has 6 abilities and 3 zetas.

Current Legendaries:

Grand Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, R2-D2, Grand Admiral Thrawn, BB-8, Chewbacca and Chimaera

Current Hero’s Journeys:

Giving Old Republic tag to any toon wouldn’t help you get Revan. You cannot wait for a more easily farmable OR toon to get Revan next time.

I hate to knock you off of your soap box, but Revan is not a hero's journey......
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »

Current Legendaries:

Current Hero’s Journeys:

I hate to knock you off of your soap box, but Revan is not a hero's journey......

I concur. More, you cannot distinguish if Revan need OR faction or specific characters as they coincide...
  • Well, it is a HJ
    They said you need this 5 Chars to unlock him at 7 stars.
    Thats kind of the deal at a HJ.
  • Well, it is a HJ
    They said you need this 5 Chars to unlock him at 7 stars.
    Thats kind of the deal at a HJ.

I said this in another thread, but it bears repeating...... A hero's journey involves taking an existing character through parts of the star wars story to unlock an advanced version of that hero..... Is farmboy Luke > CLS...... We don't have a baby Revan......
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Current Legendaries:

Current Hero’s Journeys:

I concur. More, you cannot distinguish if Revan need OR faction or specific characters as they coincide...

eg681sbnfjqs.jpg

You cant?

While not specifically stated to be a HJ, it requires specificity named toons, and unlocks at 7*. That is the same as previous HJ. The only difference with this one is we do not seem to have a "base character" for the journey, as we did with Luke and Rey.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Current Legendaries:

Current Hero’s Journeys:

eg681sbnfjqs.jpg

You cant?

While not specifically stated to be a HJ, it requires specificity named toons, and unlocks at 7*. That is the same as previous HJ. The only difference with this one is we do not seem to have a "base character" for the journey, as we did with Luke and Rey.

Let call it a Legendary Marquee Heroes Journey ... of redemption :-p
  • Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Current Legendaries:

Current Hero’s Journeys:

eg681sbnfjqs.jpg

You cant?

I like it!..... Or maybe "Revan, a MasterCard's journey"
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    it is interesting to many people seem to get stuck on this is a hero journey and this is what is required blah blah blah. Keep it simple.
    1 event requires 5 specific characters and the unlock is at 7*
    1 event requires a faction and unlocks at 5*

and hell they could change all this anytime they want it is not set in stone, they havent come out and said all legendary will be x and journey will be y. the only thing that was "promised" was amount of warning and reoccurance of the events.
  • scuba wrote: »
    and hell they could change all this anytime they want it is not set in stone

This. It could be neither and something totally new, I doubt it, but hope springs eternal.
  • I can't believe that now the point is the name of the event, legendary or hero's journey..... come on!
    The point is "the Revan event disaster", non such details....
  • Kyno wrote: »

Current Legendaries:

Current Hero’s Journeys:

eg681sbnfjqs.jpg

You cant?

Ok! Missed that.
  • Germi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Current Legendaries:

Current Hero’s Journeys:

eg681sbnfjqs.jpg

You cant?

I fully understand above's notion. The story/description of the event talks about a Hero the packs are called Legends of Old, why not Hero's of Old?. By the same logic, every character ingame is a hero as the game is called "Galaxy of Heroes". Additionally, why would they spread confusion with a Hero's Journey if they could just call it that: a Hero's Journey. They did that specifically with the first 2 Hero's Journey Events, too. Why stop?
    Additonally, for JTR they specifically wrote that you can only unlock her (at 7*) by completing the event with 7* characters.(In CLS' case they did not specify like that in the announcement but in length in the Megathread accompanying the first ever HJ).
    If this would really turns out to be a Hero's Journey, someone at CG is doing a really, really bad job at wording and designing this announcement. No matter the time we had in advance, there was consistency in Event descriptions. We new it was a Marquee, a HJ or Legendary. This would be a totally new case and a - in my opinion - hard fail of the person responsible for such marketing stuff / teasers / ads.

I can see the confusion, I am still myself as strong disbeliever of a Hero's Journey Event
    What I actually wonder, and couldn't find are the announcements of the legendary events, like BB-8 or Thrawn. Depending on the wording, conclusions could be drawn.
  • Awfully large number of assumptions in this thread. And none of them matter. What counts is the requirements for attempting the event and the reward for completing it. In this case, you need OR heroes to play in order to unlock Revan. Who cares what it's called.
    Plus, future HJ does not need to be 100% compatible with previous HJ. They can change it whenever they want.
  • Saying it's not a hero's journey because there's no existing character to upgrade even though it has all the other earmarks of a hero's journey is the "I'm Not Touching You" of internet arguments.

We get it, you know what semantics are. Now stop being obnoxious and farm for what's obviously a hero's journey.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nobody said it wasn't a journey......
  • Hey does anyone recall how long these Heroes Journeys run for? Is it 7 days atleast?
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Hey does anyone recall how long these Heroes Journeys run for? Is it 7 days atleast?

We are on uncharted territory here with this Legendary Marquee Heroes Journey but yes it is usually a week.
  • https://www.starwars.com/news/jedi-knight-revan-joins-galaxy-of-heroes this says it's a new event type that only has 6 parts rather than the "standard" Heroes Journey 7.
  • Tomato Tamahtoe All events is a cash grab event :#
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    How can people say it's not a journey? It unlocks the character at 7*, requires 5 specific 7* characters and it actually says it's a journey!

CG_Erik wrote: »
    4Ot5VxF.jpg
    Prepare to follow the journey of... Jedi Knight Revan!
    The packs you can buy are also called "Legends of Old" and in the teaser it said "A legend from the Old Republic"... as long as they don't undeniable describe it as "Hero's Journey" or "Legendary Event", which is what they deliberately did for the first two HJs, assuming something else is mere speculation.

TL:DR
    Calling him Hero and having an Event that follows his "Journey" for some part could also be a new cutscene heavy Legendary event, theoretically. Unlike in JTRs Event they also did not specifically state that you won't be able to unlock him prior to 7*. (If you dig in the forums JTR's announcement makes it very clear)

No matter what, this announcement is a mess. It doesn't seem consistent with old events and is not advertised as a new kind of event, which they also tended to do previously.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    This is speculation but they are calling him a hero, it is a Journey event. We don't have the earlier version of him yet.. What if this IS the earlier version of him. You will need him at 7 stars to unlock DARTH REVAN or SOME OTHER COOLER REVAN. Seems pretty obvious to me.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    This is speculation but they are calling him a hero, it is a Journey event. We don't have the earlier version of him yet.. What if this IS the earlier version of him. You will need him at 7 stars to unlock DARTH REVAN or SOME OTHER COOLER REVAN. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Star Forge Robes and making of:
    It is Revan past being Darth Revan and having turned back to the light side (the official KotOR canon)

I just keep wondering if this might be something like a "narrative Journey Event" which will tell us all the info a person -ignorant of Revan- would need to actually know what they are implying in the description. Cutscene heavy with explanations of the plot flying past in SW style... would be an awesome Event but this is mere speculation
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Cossin wrote: »

No matter what, this announcement is a mess. It doesn't seem consistent with old events and is not advertised as a new kind of event, which they also tended to do previously.

This bit is what makes me sure it's a hero's journey. There's no reason to think otherwise. If it was a new event type, they would have advertised it as so and explain how this new type works. They didn't.

I have no idea why the title doesn't explicitly read as hero's journey, maybe someone though this was cooler.

• Flag Quote · Like
    CG_CapGaSPCG_CapGaSP
    1:50PM

This event is not an exact retelling of Knights of the Old Republic. It isn't a "Hero's Journey", it's a "journey-like" event recounting some major beats of the Jedi Knight Revan playthrough of KotoR. I can't go into details without spoilers (which I want to avoid) but it will make sense when you can play it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Flag Quote · Like
    CG_CapGaSPCG_CapGaSP

This event is not an exact retelling of Knights of the Old Republic. It isn't a "Hero's Journey", it's a "journey-like" event recounting some major beats of the Jedi Knight Revan playthrough of KotoR. I can't go into details without spoilers (which I want to avoid) but it will make sense when you can play it.

Is there any difference besides lore purposes?
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    Flag Quote · Like
    CG_CapGaSPCG_CapGaSP

The official response is: It isn't a Hero's Journey.
    Any lore justification in this game would be made up by CG. The above statement is simply the answer to the question.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Flag Quote · Like
    CG_CapGaSPCG_CapGaSP

Any lore justification in this game would be made up by CG. The above statement is simply the answer to the question.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Flag Quote · Like
    CG_CapGaSPCG_CapGaSP

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck

Unless the people who created it and are in charge of giving it an official title say it is not called a duck.
    Especially when they say they dont want to spoil why...but it will make sense when we play it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Flag Quote · Like
    CG_CapGaSPCG_CapGaSP

Unless the people who created it and are in charge of giving it an official title say it is not called a duck.
    Especially when they say they dont want to spoil why...but it will make sense when we play it.

Where did they say it's not a duck(hero's journey) and they don't want to spoil why? I know what you mean in kotor terms, just trying to understand if there's a difference in swgoh terms.