Happiness/Anger aside...where's the Revan kit reveal?

Replies

• Lol if they havent finalized the kit yet because of the backlash, then im gonna guess this whole thing will be pushed back
  • Maztoras wrote: »
    Lol if they havent finalized the kit yet because of the backlash, then im gonna guess this whole thing will be pushed back

The kit is most certainly already finished. They may not have been expecting the backlash, but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't finished since people can start unlocking him in 6 days...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Maztoras wrote: »
    Lol if they havent finalized the kit yet because of the backlash, then im gonna guess this whole thing will be pushed back

Wrong....There is no kit yet for one single reason.... the longer they hold off the more money people will spend trying to get him....
    If the kit stinks or it's PvE/raid based a ton of people would stop spending and just wait till next time...

• Dk_rek wrote: »

Wrong....There is no kit yet for one single reason.... the longer they hold off the more money people will spend trying to get him....
    If the kit stinks or it's PvE/raid based a ton of people would stop spending and just wait till next time...

Exactly.
    Thats why Im betting on it being really bad. If it was superb for arena, they would jave released it already.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Exactly.
    Thats why Im betting on it being really bad. If it was superb for arena, they would jave released it already.

Yup because an arena kit's like throwing chum in the water.....feeding frenzy..

But they have not.... could be wrong could be right...but if I'm trying to make money and the kit is not arena worthy...you hold off as long as you can.
  • Just a thought but if they are still finalising or even readjusting the kit after the release response, then that surely doesnt sound promising for testing.

Really every package should be signed sealed and delivered by the time they start milking the whales, im thinking we have an entertaining fortnight to three weeks ahead of us
  • When Rey's kit was revealed everyone said she'd be horrible and I'm pretty sure they changed a couple things after that backlash, and look how that all turned out lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ephran wrote: »
    When Rey's kit was revealed everyone said she'd be horrible and I'm pretty sure they changed a couple things after that backlash, and look how that all turned out lol.

They have never released a kit and changed it before the toon was released.
  • There will probably be synergy. Revan is a leader, his kit will have a lead skill. It will most likely overlap for both Jedi and OR. Or, hopefully a generic lead like Boba and Rex with extras for Jedi. In the mega thread it said "are you ready to join Revan and face the dark side".. that sounds like he will be on your team for the event.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    When Rey's kit was revealed everyone said she'd be horrible and I'm pretty sure they changed a couple things after that backlash, and look how that all turned out lol.

They have never released a kit and changed it before the toon was released.

Exactly. Everyone just assumed the kit was bad based on how it sounded on paper. In reality it was really good then! So even if the Revan kit will sound weird or inefficient, it can be the total opposite when you finally get to play with him.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

Exactly.

But they have not.... could be wrong could be right...but if I'm trying to make money and the kit is not arena worthy...you hold off as long as you can.

I disagree, only for the fact that there isn’t a Heroes Journey , Legendary toon or raid reward that is not VERY good. All of them have either been great from the start or tweaked to excellence (OG Han, Yoda, Palp) , so I can’t see them going away from this model, especially for Revan. Revan is the Luke of the Kotor world
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Exactly.

I disagree, only for the fact that there isn’t a Heroes Journey , Legendary toon or raid reward that is not VERY good. All of them have either been great from the start or tweaked to excellence (OG Han, Yoda, Palp) , so I can’t see them going away from this model, especially for Revan. Revan is the Luke of the Kotor world

Never said he would not be awesome...just possibly arena worthy... could be god of raids PVE etc...
    If he was going to be a god of arena they should early release kit so ppl whale it for sure...

Look at HT it's god like immortal..they posted kit and now there are people on my fleet shard who are IMMORTAL...they cannot beat... never really a time in this game where people were immortal there was always a counter..but now with 3v3....it's immortal.
  • If I were paying for this guy I'd be PETRIFIED right now. In fact I'm more scared for the state of the game than I've ever been.

No kit reveal? Why? There has to be a reason.

You publish a killer kit and more people want him. More people pay. More people spend money. Surely this is what a developer wants?

So why not do that with Revan? He simply can't be finished. Or he's finished but massively unbalanced. Either way too strong (I'd say that Traya already is too powerful with her abilities regarding counters, assists and receiving buffs all on one toon) or absolutely not worth the money. The fact they're expecting people to shell out for....a theoretically good character? That speaks volumes to me.

If you have no confidence in what you're selling then you've got a serious problem. I don't see any other reason why the kit hasn't been published yet.
  • Optimistically hoping for Kit Reveal and the Road Map today!
  • Let's see it! It's a nice cool/sunny October afternoon... got the windows open, music on, adult beverage in hand... let's see what Revan's got!! :)
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's starting in 6 days, apparently. And we've heard zero other than "we'll put the recommended gear levels in each tier like Chewbacca"

I'm not defending just repeating what was said in the megathread. With the high price tag and small window to farm they should have done the kit reveal and told everyone what gear was needed when they made they announcement.

What tiers, there is only one tier?

The only tier thats gonna matter is the last. If you can't beat it you don't get revan. So knowing what gear will be needed to complete the event would help people gauge wether or not to spend on the event.

This is true. Nobody cares if Tier 1 can be beaten by level 50 7* chars in Gear 5 :P It's all about what it takes for the last tier, the actual unlock.

In fairness, and has been stated elsewhere, there isn't really much likelihood the event will be very difficult, on the grounds that there is no synergy between the team. Bastila is the only lead, and only really helps Jolee, but T3, Zaalbar and Mission aren't touched by her leadership.

So really, this is more likely to be a pretty straightforward experience. Of course this is entirely subjective and theoretical, but still seems true. CG only cares that we get the characters.... Thats where they make their money, and if we do that, we get Revan.

Unless Revan fights with you and you have his leader ability.
  • Don’t think it’s happening.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Regardless of kit reveal, the more time before the event, the better for me. Need more time to farm!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • I would think we would get one today. But now I'm not so sure. 🤔
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Airia wrote: »
    Optimistically hoping for Kit Reveal and the Road Map today!

:disappointed:

Sadly this does not seem to be the case.
  • I would guess over 85% of player base won’t get Revan 1st time round, mega whales only. No worries will get 2nd time round and gives me time to read feedback on him so can mod correctly and learn best tactics.
  • Not revealing today will mean 3 more days of heavy spending.. Shoot, at that point, having spent a significant amount, youre much more likely to spend more and more.
    Cg is smart.
  • I wanted to know if I was spending this weekend. Or at the least some double drops. Guess they don’t want people to spend.
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    I would guess over 85% of player base won’t get Revan 1st time round, mega whales only. No worries will get 2nd time round and gives me time to read feedback on him so can mod correctly and learn best tactics.

This exactly! The way i see it, this is like a preorder or pre access period. You can choose to spend and get him, or you can do like mentioned and wait to get him the second time around. Either way you will get him if you really want to. Plus thinking of it this way will really calm the mind.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Same here. Let's see the kit!!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • One of the GameChangers has to make their obnoxious kit reveal vid first. And since they are all upset about the price of Revan They are taking their time
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    One of the GameChangers has to make their obnoxious kit reveal vid first. And since they are all upset about the price of Revan They are taking their time

They may be upset about the price of Revan but they get money from views so they want to get it out first!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

I don't like this comment. Lol!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    I would guess over 85% of player base won’t get Revan 1st time round, mega whales only. No worries will get 2nd time round and gives me time to read feedback on him so can mod correctly and learn best tactics.

I'm a dolphin at best and I'll have him.But I'm probably less than 1% of your estimated 15% that will be able to pull it off.

Been hoarding crystals/gear since Bossk. I'm at 150 pieces of zeta and over 250 omegas as well. Hopefully Gear 8 for 4 out of the 5 will be sufficient (I have Bastila at 12.5 with zeta) because 3 of those 4 need a stun gun to get to 9 and of all the gear I have hoarded I only have 112 pieces of gun salvage.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

So we have dilemma: to trust CG (sic!) or to have even less days for preparation...
    I thought it couldn’t be worse, again CG surprised me
This discussion has been closed.