Happiness/Anger aside...where's the Revan kit reveal?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Airia wrote: »
    Optimistically hoping for Kit Reveal and the Road Map today!

:disappointed:

Sadly this does not seem to be the case.

So we have dilemma: to trust CG (sic!) or to have even less days for preparation...
    I thought it couldn’t be worse, again CG surprised me

The minute they dropped the news, it was all in or not, in my mind. Not sure I trust anything, just made the choice and burned my hoard.
  • Options

So we have dilemma: to trust CG (sic!) or to have even less days for preparation...

The minute they dropped the news, it was all in or not, in my mind. Not sure I trust anything, just made the choice and burned my hoard.

All what? Actually we are paying REAL money for this. :/ and not so small
  • Options
    They SHOULD release the kit today. Not saying I agree with the raging fire that has started over his release but if you can prove the money spent will be worth it they could alleviate some of the fire.

Some.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    They SHOULD release the kit today. Not saying I agree with the raging fire that has started over his release but if you can prove the money spent will be worth it they could alleviate some of the fire.

Some.

Maybe. I think they're in a terrible situation due to their choice of timing for the event.

If the kit is terrible, people will be in arms. Whales will threaten to leave, etc. etc. F2P players may laugh, but even they want Revan's kit to be good and hopefully STILL be good once they get him.

If the kit is awesome, it'll just further enrage the F2P players, the great many of which never had a chance and clearly weren't even considered when CG came up with the idea to release Revan so close to the final batch of TOR toons going farmable.
  • Options
    The longer we go without a kit reveal, the more concerned I am that Revan will not be meta defining.

When movies are good, they let the reviewers in early to see the film and write glowing reviews, hyping up the film.

When movies suck, there are no early screenings, so people pay up and see the film when it opens, not knowing it sucks.

I hope I’m wrong.
  • Options
    I don't see how his kit will be bad. Based on the other two journey toons he's gonna affect the arena meta, and he'll have 3 zeta abilities.

And I think one of the reasons he's being released this way is because he is very powerful and is able to supplant Traya. Most people don't have Traya at 7*, if unlocked at all. Releasing a toon to the masses that crushes their crown jewel would be a slap in the face to everyone who sunk crazy amount of resources into the Sith Raid.

Releasing like this pretty much guarantees 98% of the people that unlock Revan will be whales, and most whales have a 7* Traya (if they know how to play the game). So to the whales it's not a big deal to supplant Traya.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

All what? Actually we are paying REAL money for this. :/ and not so small

Me too, but my hoard is harder to come buy.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    The longer we go without a kit reveal, the more concerned I am that Revan will not be meta defining.

When movies are good, they let the reviewers in early to see the film and write glowing reviews, hyping up the film.

When movies suck, there are no early screenings, so people pay up and see the film when it opens, not knowing it sucks.

I hope I’m wrong.

Almost seems like they want you to spend to get the 5 to 7* first rather than let you decide if it is worth it...

But EA would never be that way...nope.
  • Options
    Where is the kit description??? You want biiiiig $$ and we as buyers have no idea if its even worth looking at.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    I'm sure the kit will be released soon anywaus
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    I'm sure the kit will be released soon anywaus

No doesnt look like it.
  • Options
    Wow, not releasing the kit before the weekend is very likely a bad decision, IMO. People on the fence to spend for Jedi Revan or not will probably use this as an excuse to just wait until the event comes back around.

If people could see that Jedi Revan had a strong kit, then it probably would convince more people to go "all in" on him and farm the KOTOR shards they need.
  • Options
    I'm fine with just waiting to see what comes. I'm sure I will fall another 100 ranks in arena when he gets here anyways
  • Options
    Wow. You want us to spend money and (panic) farm before revealing his kit? That is not cool.
  • Options
    Is this true?

2wn9wyr.png
  • Options
    Same reason rouge one toons aren't a thing
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Similar is said in the mega thread by a dev.
  • Options
    Oh it didn't get taken down it got merged lol
  • Options
    ...just made the choice and burned my hoard.

The Horde Forever. Never turn you back on The Chair, Orange Juice, Bacon, and The Table. The horde never say die, we just become undead!
  • Options
    Before I start I’d like to make an assumption. Arena=Crystals=increased farming rates= competitive advantage. Duh you already know. Okay let’s go...Lot of anger about revan from us plebs. Has this game ever not worked this way? Thought so...But. Many of us who will not get revan will suffer more than in the past hero’s journeys. We currently exist is the most stale meta of them all. News flash! Traya teams aren’t nearly good as they appear. G12+ is making them way more dominant than any other meta we’ve had. That +12 speed that’s now on all 5 characters has resulted in me no longer being able to beat any traya trooper trooper team. Ever. (w/ bastilla. Could run chewie at 6 but the two squads are somewhat interchangeable). I face 290 speed scions. **** is that? And obviously if youre not running traya you prolly don’t have g12 +. There is literally have no way of competing against the slightly better traya squads because of g12+.

Which brings me to my point. Revan better be op. For many of us, revan will come back around before we ever have HSR on farm. And by then the staleness of this meta will be embedded to a point where whales are sprinkling g12 around for fun while everyone who doesn’t spend 5000 dollars on a phone game or has loyalty to their guild pays out at 65+ every day regardless of their perfect resource management.... so. Make him good. And do him justice. Devs, Please let Revan defeat g12+
  • Options
    Nice point of view...
    The problem, as we know, is that only insane no-limit spenders will have Revan this time...
  • Options
    I agree, the Triumvirate is absurdly dominant in the current arena. A busted OP Revan would be nice.
  • Options
    In top 50 we do have 1 zaul with traya team, 1-2 palp lead. 1 rex lead. 1 CLS lead with chewie OT. Other 46 are traya lead. December 2015 pvp shard. It’s a complete traya domination...
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I am absolutely terrified of Revan's kit. CLS was a terrible decision for this game imo. Before, there was a pretty flexible meta. A wide variety of teams could compete. Then, with the decision to introduce a game breaking character, CG has had to break the game even more with each new character to keep people spending. Traya is by far the worst it has ever been, and with the huge price tag attached with Revan, he's going to have to be significantly more powerful, or the people maxing out their credit cards to get him right now are going to be livid.
    Rumor is that CG had Revan's kit done, but after showing it to beta-testers, it wasn't good enough for the price tag, so they're spending this weekend re-doing it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    If anything I think Revan will strengthen the Bastilla/jedi teams rather than create an OR meta.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Shmeeg wrote: »
    Before I start I’d like to make an assumption. Arena=Crystals=increased farming rates= competitive advantage. Duh you already know. Okay let’s go...Lot of anger about revan from us plebs. Has this game ever not worked this way? Thought so...But. Many of us who will not get revan will suffer more than in the past hero’s journeys. We currently exist is the most stale meta of them all. News flash! Traya teams aren’t nearly good as they appear. G12+ is making them way more dominant than any other meta we’ve had. That +12 speed that’s now on all 5 characters has resulted in me no longer being able to beat any traya trooper trooper team. Ever. (w/ bastilla. Could run chewie at 6 but the two squads are somewhat interchangeable). I face 290 speed scions. **** is that? And obviously if youre not running traya you prolly don’t have g12 +. There is literally have no way of competing against the slightly better traya squads because of g12+.

Which brings me to my point. Revan better be op. For many of us, revan will come back around before we ever have HSR on farm. And by then the staleness of this meta will be embedded to a point where whales are sprinkling g12 around for fun while everyone who doesn’t spend 5000 dollars on a phone game or has loyalty to their guild pays out at 65+ every day regardless of their perfect resource management.... so. Make him good. And do him justice. Devs, Please let Revan defeat g12+

all the absolute assumptions are funny to me. thanks for the laugh.
    I know many that don't spend 5k on the game, are loyal to their guild that have the boring sith and get top ranks in arena regularly.
  • Options
    So in other words, you don’t like how an OP character set you don’t have is ruining the game, so they better make this other character you will get even more OP to make things right? You do realize the irony there, right?
  • Options
    I think it would be hilarious if revan turns out to be just ok. After all, who's fault is it if you bought a character without seeing the kit first?

And I really think the way they handled this release is disgraceful and people should show it by not buying. But with that said, if you buy without seeing the kit, you only have yourself to blame if you have regrets.

I don't think he'll completely dominate traya either considering 90% of people don't have traya and they still want people to spend to get hstr teams up there.
This discussion has been closed.