Happiness/Anger aside...where's the Revan kit reveal?

1235Next

Replies

• Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    I think they are still working on it lol.

Lol! Maybe. I think a week out they are pretty finalized, though.

I'd imagine the event is getting backed up at least a week. They can't not release the kit and still run in 2 days

They CAN and I'm sure they will. Money to be had. I'm gonna assume his kit and the game changers videos are coming today in about 5hrs.

I mean, that's sort of how the marquee toons get release. Kit and videos come out usually on a tuesday and the event happens on Thursday.

They can but if they can make more money by pushing the end of the event back a week they will. Reven is expected to make them a lot of $$$. If people haven't been shelling out for the OR toons because they want to see the kit before then they will happily give you a chance to open the pocketbook.

Reven will be awesome because if he isn't then people will just wait and CG will lose money on the development. They also don't want give too much or too little time or risk losses. It's a careful balancing game that they are quite good at.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    If the event goes this week as planned, kit reveal tomorrow or Thursday. Low chance of today but i dont expect it.

People spending on speculation is their problem. I have no need to get revan this round ill target 7* for round 2 in the new year.

Exactly if i want to spend $200 and get revan thats my call. If he sucks it was still my call.

Not sure why people are thinking i cant blow my money if i want to even if i only have a few screen shots and no kit.

I liked what What_Why said above. They will gladly lose F2P to mke dolphins, whales and krackens happy.

Money motivates.
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's starting in 6 days, apparently. And we've heard zero other than "we'll put the recommended gear levels in each tier like Chewbacca"

I'm not defending just repeating what was said in the megathread. With the high price tag and small window to farm they should have done the kit reveal and told everyone what gear was needed when they made they announcement.

What tiers, there is only one tier?

The only tier thats gonna matter is the last. If you can't beat it you don't get revan. So knowing what gear will be needed to complete the event would help people gauge wether or not to spend on the event.

This is true. Nobody cares if Tier 1 can be beaten by level 50 7* chars in Gear 5 :P It's all about what it takes for the last tier, the actual unlock.

In fairness, and has been stated elsewhere, there isn't really much likelihood the event will be very difficult, on the grounds that there is no synergy between the team. Bastila is the only lead, and only really helps Jolee, but T3, Zaalbar and Mission aren't touched by her leadership.

So really, this is more likely to be a pretty straightforward experience. Of course this is entirely subjective and theoretical, but still seems true. CG only cares that we get the characters.... Thats where they make their money, and if we do that, we get Revan.

That very well might be the case but alot of people (myself included) laughed at the idea of a legendary requiring g11+ would happen before the chewbacca event based on previous events. My fear is that a already tense situation will get much worse if a bunch of people who spent hundreds to get these toons to 7* find out the day of the event that they have to take these toons to g11 or possibly g12 to have a chance of beating it.

Considering the release timing eliminates spending by dolphins by default setting the difficulty to g12/6E mod requirements is the only way they can milk the difference from the whales by making them go full kracken if they want whaling on the OR toons to pay off.

I can't see any other logical way to make money for an event that is largely marketed to whales+ who were going to whale out to 7* the toons regardless.
  • Well it past 1pm central and that's usually when the game changers release their YouTube videos on new characters.

And I have yet to see one notification on my phone.

Not looking good for the kit reveal today.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • With Revan just a few days away and the lack of his kit and silence from the Devs is a really bad sign.
  • Although I’m sure many will be happy if this event is pushed back, I myself will be furious. I dug deep and invested money to get ready in time. It’s one thing to upset people but another to hoodwink out of cold hard cash.

I don't see them pushing this back. That would create so much more fire, and this time from the people who actually spent money. NOT something they wanna do.
  • JVU420 wrote: »
    With Revan just a few days away and the lack of his kit and silence from the Devs is a really bad sign.

Not even a few days away, only like 1.5 days away.
  • Thats why its called gambling, and this isnt even pretending its not gambling because its in a lootbox, handing your cash over without knowing what your buying (other than its called Revan and is light side), none of us would do this if we needed a car, quite funny if your wallets closed.

Must be scary now for the rest of you, good luck.
  • It's actually quite funny.. the longer CG waits to reveal the kit, the less I'll actually need to pay to get him. I refuse to pay until I know the kit, and all this f2p farming has essentially lost them hundreds of dollars.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Thats why its called gambling, and this isnt even pretending its not gambling because its in a lootbox, handing your cash over without knowing what your buying (other than its called Revan and is light side), none of us would do this if we needed a car, quite funny if your wallets closed.

Must be scary now for the rest of you, good luck.

If I buy a raffle ticket garenteeing me a Lambo or a Pinto I’ll still buy the ticket and wait and see...

And my ticket is also a set of steak knifes (usable toons) even better!!!!

Soon(tm) people will realize with no gear crunch this is a very accessible toon for end game players and people are just hurt by the Chewy event and for most of us this was the same price as a marquee toon and we got a bunch of useful ones other than the one we are shooting for...
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    It's actually quite funny.. the longer CG waits to reveal the kit, the less I'll actually need to pay to get him. I refuse to pay until I know the kit, and all this f2p farming has essentially lost them hundreds of dollars.
    Same.. I dropped a vault to get them to a decent level but giving me so much time to farm before deciding if I wanna finish investing (need the kit first) is actually making me spend less than I would have. Now if theyd do double drops for OR toons when the event launches, I would be very happy. Either way until I see a kit I dont spend anymore on revan. On the plus side my OR farming will be done soon either way and I can move back to finishing the last ☆ of Bossk to be ready for chewie in December!
  • I find very funny that some people are panicking and spending $$$ on KOTOR packs when there is not even a final product yet. That is just wrong.

Anyways the longer it takes to arrive the better, give people more time to farm them characters.
  • Antares wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    When Rey's kit was revealed everyone said she'd be horrible and I'm pretty sure they changed a couple things after that backlash, and look how that all turned out lol.

They have never released a kit and changed it before the toon was released.

Exactly. Everyone just assumed the kit was bad based on how it sounded on paper. In reality it was really good then! So even if the Revan kit will sound weird or inefficient, it can be the total opposite when you finally get to play with him.

Didn't they change mind trick a bit? I seem to recall it being spoiled differently from how it turned out. Like the TM reduction wasn't labeled as unresistable or something.
  • If I buy a raffle ticket garenteeing me a Lambo or a Pinto I’ll still buy the ticket and wait and see...

Very true, but you know what the lambo is, and the pinto, you can lookup the stats of either, the manufacturers do not change the car for any reason, your either going to lose the raffle, or you know that you are going to get one of them, and depending on which one turns up you know exactly what it will do.

And not many gamble more than a dollar or two on that raffle ticket, dont get anything in this game for a dollar or two, but this is still blatent gambling.

I think its a shame that they didnt have everything signed off tested and approved and ready to go before the hype and cash grab machine started, if i was a synical man (i am a bit of course) i would say im not surprised its “grab as much as you can and as quick as we can before the financial quarter ends” in a fortnight, and we will deal with the consequences after.
This discussion has been closed.