Help please, speed in arena

Can someone please help me understand the mechanics of speed in squad arena?

I use a ZPalp lead, and he’s got got good speed mods. I check before battles, and I like to attack Empire teams with Palp leads, but I make sure the opposing Palp’s speed is below mine. However, for a reason I do not understand, my Palp hardly ever goes off before the other/defending Palp. In fact, my ZPalp doesn’t even go off until after some of the slower toons on my own teams.

Is there some type of hamstringing mechanic that delays certain toons (specifically, the leader)? There’s obviously something about Arena mechanics I do not understand.

Thanks in advance.
I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.

Replies

• To put it another way, when my ZPalp leader has the fastest speed of all the toons on the table, why doesn’t he pop first?
  • Are you fighting Vader as with his unique he could be faster. Then if he uses force crush followed by culling blade he would grant everyone turn meter
  • There are tons of abilities that manipulate turn meter. Would need to know more about your specific team and the teams you are facing.
  • Please see the second post. Not sure if that bears on any response. Can ZPalp have the fastest speed and still not go until after Vader? If so, what is the mechanic that causes this?

Thanks
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Read what you already have as responses and you'll get it.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • 3qpg6rnhsq1h.jpeg
  • Thanks guys.