Tarkin takes an extra turn?

So here's the scene, I have a 148 speed Chimaera against a 163 speed Executrix. Last two ships on Tarkin's fleet side are ITF and JC Consular ship. Tarkin goes once with an AoE, then my ships get to go, then his ships. The ITF doesn't dodge during this turn. THEN, Tarkin's ship goes again and does his AI will obliterate your whole fleet but your attack won't kill two ships imperial assault nuke attack.

So, why is Tarkin's ship going twice in one turn before my Chimaera can go again? It's happened to me more than once and I don't understand why if ITF isn't dodging. Where is he getting the extra Turn Meter to go twice before my capital ship can go a second time?

Replies

• Exactly... happened to me just today. Never happened before. Oh yeah, they didnt have ITF or reaper btw. I still won so didnt bother reporting lol
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    This happened to me too! I suspect it's a bug.

A bug that benefits the AI, not the player. So, it'll get fixed in 2025ish? lol
  • 163 to 148 is about 10% faster which means it will take an extra turn over you eventually. Don’t know what happened exactly at every step of the fight but most likely some turn meter manipulation made it happen sooner than expected.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Was Imperial TIE Fighter present? ITF's unique, when maxed out, grants 25% turn meter to the allied capital ship, but doubled for Empire ones. So if ITF is there and he's dodging a lot, that's an extra 50% TM a pop.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    163 to 148 is about 10% faster which means it will take an extra turn over you eventually. Don’t know what happened exactly at every step of the fight but most likely some turn meter manipulation made it happen sooner than expected.

Exactly. So if chimera is under 10% tm when tarkin went. That tarkin will go again before chimera gets a turn without any sort of tm manipulation going on.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    163 to 148 is about 10% faster which means it will take an extra turn over you eventually. Don’t know what happened exactly at every step of the fight but most likely some turn meter manipulation made it happen sooner than expected.

Exactly. So if chimera is under 10% tm when tarkin went. That tarkin will go again before chimera gets a turn without any sort of tm manipulation going on.

10% faster would require ten complete turns to "catch up" to Chimaera. My Chimaera's nuke goes off at 5 turns, but as I said, Tarkin was able to go twice, including his imp assault at Tarkin's 6th turn, which is why I'm still confused as to how that is going to happen. I could understand if a Tarkin was over 200 speed.
  • Has it happened with you again? Hasn't with me. I like to think it was a one-time thing lol.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »

10% faster would require ten complete turns to "catch up" to Chimaera. My Chimaera's nuke goes off at 5 turns, but as I said, Tarkin was able to go twice, including his imp assault at Tarkin's 6th turn, which is why I'm still confused as to how that is going to happen. I could understand if a Tarkin was over 200 speed.

You're only describing the last round though. You haven't covered any of the first 4 turns. Did they have a tie that dodged once? Did they have a tie reaper out at any point? Either one of those will help it catch up to be at the point where it could take 2 turns to your one later on.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »

You're only describing the last round though. You haven't covered any of the first 4 turns. Did they have a tie that dodged once? Did they have a tie reaper out at any point? Either one of those will help it catch up to be at the point where it could take 2 turns to your one later on.

Tie dodged once in a previous turn, but no Tie Reaper. Even still, that would take more turns than it should, unless there is some extra TM coming from something else. But even still, how would Tarkin's TM completely reload AGAIN after taking one turn? A couple of his ships go and then he goes again? Where is that 100% TM coming from? Or does the AI have a saving's bank for it's "extra" TM to use when it wants? lol
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Up 10% on turn 1, up 20% on turn 2, up 30% on turn 3, up 40% on turn 4, up 50% on turn 5. One tie evade boosts him by 50% tm if they have the omega. So, that means if that tie evaded at anytime where tarkin was less then 50% tm you'd be tied and have a 50% chance tarkin would go a 2nd time before your chimera goes once. Now having said that their tarkin is slightly slower then 10% faster, so i imagine some other tm manipulation went on. But, it is definitely reasonable for what you said to have happened.