Fleet battles: how the heck to get upgraded?

Ok so I try regularly to upgrade my fleet with any fleet store points and sometimes GW points.

My fleet value is about 85,000

In arena though I regularly get beat by teams with way worse upgrades

Do I suck at combat? Maybe I’m not picking the right balance?

A major issue I face is getting those blue upgrade pieces to actually have my ship damage a bit better

I get none... does the RNG hate me? I have a dozen nodes I “could” get them from. Never get any... and I do mean ever.

So my ships despite having level 75 pilots and being level 75 themselves just hit like a wet lettuce

Any and all advice welcome

😀

Replies

• If you link your swgoh.gg profile, people will be able to better help you. For now, I can only give you some general advice:

Upgrading your pilots help greatly in upgrading your ships. Whatever increases the crewpower of your pilots (skill levels, levels, ranks, gear, mods) also increases the power of your ships.

For more ability materials for your ships, do the highest tier of the challenge available to you.

Team composition is key both in swuad arena and fleet arena.
  • RNG hates us all.
  • SJ76
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Ally code

926-195-559
    Post edited by SJ76 on
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Type swgoh.gg on chrome and click the first link. Type your details in, and sinc your account.

Then give a link to your synced account. It's 100% safe since most swgoh players use it, so dont worry.
    SJ76 wrote: »
    Ally code

926-195-559

{EA_Lanna: Player i.d. removed}

Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Don't post your player id, that's the key to your account! :o

Only ever share your ally code.

If you don't want to set up a swgoh.gg account, listing your ships / pilots *s, lvls & gear lvls would help us help you:
    Which capital ship?
    What starting lineup?
    What reinforcements?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    n79l71zp4kns.png
    Enough said.

Starting fleet has no synergy.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    n79l71zp4kns.png
    Enough said.

Starting fleet has no synergy.
    Synergy is a bit more ad-hoc in fleet. I used a similar lineup for a long time and was hitting #1 for payout.

What is concerning is how low *'d those ships are. I would expect a set of 6/7* fighters at that level with a 5* cap ship. Makes me wonder what shape the pilots are in...
  • Thanks for comments

Yeah fleet might not have synergy but I could have left my Phoenix in there and they probably have more.

They also have good pilots.

But I looked at upping my other pilots to better levels and stars and that seems to have helped a bit...at least I unlocked mace’s ship now at 4 stars which gave me bonus items to boost the rest

I’ll focus on the pilots for a bit. I think it will really help

Thanks to all for the advice 😀
  • Easy answer: Start farming Geonosians, ships and pilots, then save your ship omegas for their uniques. Your leaderboard is young enough that you can dominate with them for quite a while even at low levels.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Based on ur lvl and the amount of ship upgrades u have looks like ur main focus has been upgrading ships with fleet currency instead of ur pilots need to reverse that and upgrade ships lvls first before capital ship as well ur capital ship shouldn’t be higher lvl than them more expensive to upgrade it should be last focus I’m lvl 79 capital ship lvl 71 all other 5 ships I use lvl 75 and it’s probably too late but ackbar has better use early game especially with target lock bigs squad the protection advantage and support goes way farther than tarkins ultimate attack and tenacity down expose strategy
  • Need to also focus on ships where u have invested in their captains as far as gear star lvl abilities if u r starting from ground zero and just looking at what ships can be easily upgrade in store u will just have week high star lvl ships