Please

212Attack
277 posts Member
edited October 2018
Nerf the absolute hell out of speed. This is the most outrageously OP stat ive EVER seen in a game. this makes no sense. Give another stat a chance here. its an RNG hell hole and was made worse with the new mod kitten storm. let the kitten responses commence........
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    212Attack wrote: »
    let the crap responses commence........
    n00b :p
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Lol I like this one
  • Options
    That's the funniest thing I've read all day!
  • Options
    Ok. All your characters have 0 speed, but hit for 1 billion damage each time they hit. All your oponents have 1 speed but hit for 1 damage each time. Who wins?
  • Options
    Someone needs to do some mod farming....
  • Options
    i like the responses just what i thought keep it up fools
  • Options

Your date with the mirror is coming up,

Speed is definitely not the end all be all you are trying to pretend it is.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Someone needs to do some mod farming....

Yah. I know right? Big time. lol ;)

Classy. Heh. Way to win an argument. :smirk:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    How is it OP though? You're either faster than someone or you're not.
  • Options
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    How is it OP though? You're either faster than someone or you're not.
    It is a bit one-dimensional but that's a common problem for games which have speed-based combat mechanics.

OP might have even gotten some sympathy if he had not ended his post the way he did. ;)
  • Options
    In all turn based games where turns are not static, speed in which it becomes your turn again is vital. Cg didn't create this, and nothing can really fix this. That being said, speed alone isn't the issue. It's the turn meter manipulation that really kills things. Without that, you wouldn't get situations where one team can attack 20 times in a row before the other team gets a chance. It's the gain 20%, lose 10%, etc etc that adds up and just burns it down. That's why Ep lead dominated the old meta. That why Rex is one of the best plug and play leaders (his kit otherwise is not great, but he takes away turn meter on basic and grants turn meter to all with his leader). Thrawn is considered the best toon in the game by many because fracture is probably the single most devastating status effect (probably more so than isolate) and on top of that he can swap turn meter with anyone giving them an instant turn, and stun on his basic which takes away a person's turn. So unless turns were static, speed +turn meter manipulation will dominate the game.

Sith wouldn't have ever been the meta without nihilus and annihilate though...
  • Options
    If you're having problems with an enemy running laps around your toons in arena you should either.
    A. Farm mods for your toons to make them not snails.
    B. Use effects that boost tm such as palp lead or cls
    C. Use nest as she punishes toons that take to many turns on her
    D. accept that maybe this game isn't for you if you don't like the concept that toons that move faster than others have an advantage
  • Options
    Literally any turn based game will have speed as one of the most important stats, whether it’s a battle arena like this one or a turn based strategy like Final Fantasy Tactics. It’s slmething you have to either use to your advantage, or strategize to get around the enemy's.

A good example would be the Haste spell in FFT. It doubles your speed, which effectively gives you double turns. Put that on the right unit and you blaze through the battle. Same goes with this game.

I will agree, however, that this game places an importance on speed that’s greater than most other games I’ve ever played.
  • Options
    Ok. All your characters have 0 speed, but hit for 1 billion damage each time they hit. All your oponents have 1 speed but hit for 1 damage each time. Who wins?
    The 0 speed ones can easily win if they can counter-attack, or gain turn meter from resisting debuffs or taking damage, like Biggs.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Angry, you are. Understandable it is, but calm you must be.

Look, Speed is a very important stat, and I know it’s hard sometimes, but it is very necessary. Sorry.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    TM gain and reduction is easily worse. Battle is going along okay and suddenly no one on your team is taking any turns, then you're dead. Some teams require that you mod speed very specifically so that you heroes take their first turns in a specific order, so faster is not always better.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m