Raid han & chewie vs raid han & chewie

Boov
604 posts Member
There's some questionable behaviour if the following happens:
The first han to move targets han, since he can't be stunned he will (most likely) counter. This counter consumes (part of) the bonus turn, wich in term doesn't stun the han that moved first either. The counter doesn't consume the 100% TM, just the "During this turn Han ignores Taunts and he can only use his Basic ability, but it will Stun the target for 1 turn and can't be Resisted." part of his bonus turn. His TM is however susceptible to TM manipulation, most noticably the TM reduction from Han's basic.
What's up with the counter consuming part bonus turn? You could potentially use this in your advantage if youre first to move, but somehow it doesn't seem WAI to me.

Replies

• Han’s so-called “A Bonus Turn at the Start of Each Encounter” is 100% initial TM with One-Time-Only-Then-Expiring effects including Taunt ignore, non-debuff Ability Block and Irresistible Stun applying.
    IIRC, when Han lost his initial 100% TM, he still couldn’t use Special abilities. For Taunt ignoring and Stun, you’d have to check it yourself.
    FWIW, NEVER choose Guarded Han Solo as initial target, unless you can kill it with it. Triple attack from enemy Han’s counterattack would deal as much damage as he took from your Han&Chewie.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    He can use his specials and doesn't ignore taunt anymore if he counters before he gets a turn, that's why i think it isn't WAI.
    targeting han has it's benefits, he can't stun chewie right off the bat anymore for example.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Whether it's WAI or not has been debated for a long long time, but as far as anyone's aware, there's been no mention of any plans to change it--though I think just recently the team said they would bring it back up for review.

The marker that gives Han stun and ability block, etc., expires on attack, which is why it goes away if Han counters before his "bonus turn."