Darth Sidious, buffed?!

Prev1
I'm not sure what the devs were thinking, as he was already the most soughtafter character from Arena and it fell like you were gimping yourself if you bothered to choose anything else. So they decide it's a good thing to offer him -significant- buffs with this:
Known for his ability to outmaneuver Jedi with seemingly unnatural capabilities, this component of his persona is now being rolled into his ability kit.
Sadistic Glee: gains “In addition, he has +35% Evasion against Jedi attacks.

As well as this:
Demoralizing Blows: base damage increased by approximately 40%.

Honestly, he should have been nerfed, if anything. His AoE was very strong and his heal immunity was already almost gamebreakingly strong. The only way for a Jedi lineup to stand a chance against him was to burst him down quick, but now that he has 35% evade that won't be possible. All the while he will be doing more damage than ever. Sigh.

Replies

• Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    And they nerfed bariss... Tis a good day!
  • Thundergod
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yea, not sure what they were thinking. I was trying to get IG-88 to 7* before I worked on Sid, but might as well start getting Sid shards again. Would be nice if they fixed health steal.
  • And Darth Maul now does double damage against Jedi. Eep.

Had to do something about the new character power creep though. The skills for the new guys sound immense.
  • True...I dont get the sid buff honestly... Smh....
  • Idk why but its just an awesome day for me.. I have sidious on my way to 5* and already have darth Maul 4*.. And then with these buffs.. He'll be a nightmare for my enemies when im defending!!! *Happiest Day of My Life*
  • Aoe sith will be the new Meta now. Plus Kylo Ren who's skills cool down when attacked means he'll be murdering stuff every turn.
  • SeroZero
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Rejoice F2P! Your bread and butter hero got better and now works betted against the P2P with jedi army.

Every does notice that jedi wad the FOTM before this patch right? Now it's balanced a little! Haha

BTW Maul is really slow and really squishy. A simple single target skill kills him. So if you see Maul, murder him.
  • Falen_Lacer
    87 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Dunno, I'm f2p and run a couple Jedi (Consular and Ahsoka, Lumi when I get her) along with a some nightsisters (Talia and Asajj, with Asajj to be replaced by Daka when I get her) and this completely shuts down any attempt I'd have at competing.

I already felt like I was gimping myself by not getting Sid though. He was just that strong.
  • SeroZero
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Dunno, I'm f2p and run a couple Jedi (Consular and Ahsoka, Lumi when I get her) along with a some nightsisters (Talia and Asajj, with Asajj to be replaced by Daka when I get her) and this completely shuts down any attempt I'd have at competing.

I already felt like I was gimping myself by not getting Sid though. He was just that strong.

The dmg increase on Asajj us very significant too. Try her
  • SeroZero wrote: »

The damage increase on her is nothing compared to +35% Evade and 40% dmg that Sid got, or the +100% dmg that Maul got.
  • SeroZero wrote: »

The damage increase on her is nothing compared to +35% Evade and 40% dmg that Sid got, or the +100% dmg that Maul got.

Erm that's because they nerfed sid hard before global release. The skill dmg of sid is so bad hardly anyone uses it. Assaj however was already doing very decent dmg with her skill, so her base dmg buff is actually more significant. Try it. Really.

Maul is so slow, I haven't seen anyone slower than him, with 5 characters to beat him down, if you still fail to do so or at least skill block him with lumi...

Someone should post a video of soft launch sid lol. Everyone will be surprised
  • I don't care about softlaunch Sid, the one we got was already pretty much auto-include and the strongest character to get from arena.

As for Maul, Asajj and Ahsoka are the two slowest characters known so far. I just had a Maul in GW that was 2 levels over me go after I 3 characters turns, 1 of which he dodged. He promptly used the AoE and instagibbed Ahsoka and Consular from full HP. Alone.
  • Yea really don't know why they buffed Sidious, he was already consistently good, his heal debuff was already super strong. Don't know why they felt the need to buff him.
  • Cmon, Darth Sidious is the most powerful out of anyone in Star Wars! He did kill 3 High Jedi Masters in ROTS, so his manoeuvre ability made sense. He'd definately kill the crap out of Kylo Ren lol.
    They should of just made Sidious harder to acquire
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • The base damage increase was uncalled for. His damage over time was already making the overall damage one of the highest in AOE. Now along with 35% evade to Jedis. My team got slaughtered today in Galactic War. * Sigh*
  • Then Mace deserved a serious buff as he was clearly on par in a duel.
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    Cmon, Darth Sidious is the most powerful out of anyone in Star Wars! He did kill 3 High Jedi Masters in ROTS, so his manoeuvre ability made sense. He'd definately kill the crap out of Kylo Ren lol.

• tshong wrote: »
    Then Mace deserved a serious buff as he was clearly on par in a duel.
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    Cmon, Darth Sidious is the most powerful out of anyone in Star Wars! He did kill 3 High Jedi Masters in ROTS, so his manoeuvre ability made sense. He'd definately kill the crap out of Kylo Ren lol.
    Definately!!! Mace deserves one!

Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Mace was the best swordsman of any Jedi. But then came whiny anakin lol
  • I dont think the power of character should be the same as in the movies. If so they should nerf the **** out of ewok scout and all the stormtroopers should have a 5% chance to hit anything lol.
  • I kinda get all of the other changes, these huge Sid buffs were baffling though. The devs must just love that character, especially when you consider some of the ridiculous things they gave him at soft launch that they ended up removing.
  • I dont think the power of character should be the same as in the movies. If so they should nerf the **** out of ewok scout and all the stormtroopers should have a 5% chance to hit anything lol.

This hahahahaja
  • I went for Sidious as my first character and avoided Bariss so things are feeling pretty good for me right now after reading the new update details. Being fair though, this is a total mess for players who spent a fortune buying/upgrading her and I'm thankful I didn't buy anything, being 100% F2P....

The best quote that I have come across in this forum! :D
  • The buff is not that aweful. Sid isn't hard to kill and is AoE evens out the battlefield for f2p players. Yeah, p2p players could still use him but the pool or characters they are using right now offers them good synergies and choices above sid

The one character they just sent to the trash can is resistance trooper/pilot. Completely worthless now
  • SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    The buff is not that aweful. Sid isn't hard to kill and is AoE evens out the battlefield for f2p players. Yeah, p2p players could still use him but the pool or characters they are using right now offers them good synergies and choices above sid

The one character they just sent to the trash can is resistance trooper/pilot. Completely worthless now
    Sid is nigh impossible to kill with a Jedi team now, especially if you combine him with a leader that further enhances his dodge chance.
  • Sid is nigh impossible to kill with a Jedi team now, especially if you combine him with a leader that further enhances his dodge chance.

Haven't pitted him against jedis much today, but saying it's imposible....

Things like this happen to avoid cookie cutter teams and make people mix and match. Right now theres a good pool of characters too use. If you want to use jedis you'll have advantage against some and be weak against others. If you want to use droids, the same issue.

Although I dont know where the Devs are going with so much balance changes in the game. Shouldn't they see how will their future character releases affect the game and plan ahead? Instead of abrupt changes oftenly?

• The Darth Maul buff makes using Jedi in PVP meaningless. He's going to sweep them aside in one crit AE.
  • Ultimately everyone has the opportunity to get all of the chars. That said diversify and don't try to only work with what is the strongest now. Several good teams for PVP means if one gets hit the other will work. There is always going to be changes and additions that will make the strong weak and vice versa. If you could just work for the best setup possible now, once you have it then what? game over and bored out of your mind.

There is always a char that will rival another you just have to find it.
    Ally invite code: 692-489-899
  • Making an easily farmable character godlike only encourages cookie cutter teams. I was planning to avoid Sid entirely(since everyone uses him) but as powerful as they've made him they've kind of forced my hand.
  • I don't feel he needed a buff despite him being my favourite character, when I first joined I hoped I could get Palpatine in some firm, I bonus that he's quite useful. His second skill could have used a small dmg boost as it was fairly weak, which he got, don't feel he needed such a big boost or the evade bonus. Yeah though.