Change to Zombie

The changes were needed. But, they went to far. Any change that locks a character out of play for more than 3 turns, is a bad change. In Zombie’s case, she can be locked out for an entire battle, if you consider each phase of a raid as a separate battle.

Bad, bad, bad, idea guys. Fix it.

Replies

• Fakir
    64 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    NS have plenty of healers. Keep zombie alive after she's taken damage, to.build up her speed before it drops too low.

The current design is far better than the first solution to the critolyte problem.
  • In order to reach that point of being locked out, zombie needs to die multiple times.

The constantly dying, paper zombie approach does not work. Don't try and force the old way.

Once zombie starts stacking speed, she is a beast.

And if she does get locked out? Well, at that point, it's she's already taken more abuse than almost any other tank would have survived and she's done her part.

As for getting -100% at some phase of a raid? Raids are a guild event. Going through multiple phases of a raid all by yourself is not the primary mode of engagement. They're supposed to wear you down.
    Still not a he.
  • You do realize you're asking for no change, right? -100% speed for three turns when turns will never come means -100% speed for the rest of the fight.

Zombie with a good mix of speed, bulk, and damage does a lot of things all at once. Soaking damage, healing damage, and dealing damage. That heal can bounce Asajj lead and Talzin unique all day long to loop actions, and can top Talia off after a special so she's primed for Asajj lead TM gain again.

To reach that -100% speed, your opponent has earned it. If you reach that -100% speed in a raid? Well, the Nightsisters are literally short list for most powerful raid team in the game. They don't need saving. They don't need a boost. A guild can literally beat the Sith raid with everyone investing in just two teams, and Nightsisters are one of them.

Making it at all possible to disable Zombie is there to discourage paper, and make it possible to beat her down. It's still hard. And she can bite the bullet for other sisters twice. Zombie is plenty good right now, and the Nightsisters are more dangerous than ever with this change. Zombie does not need a boost.
    Still not a he.
  • Gunhappy wrote: »
    Fakir wrote: »
    NS have plenty of healers. Keep zombie alive after she's taken damage, to.build up her speed before it drops too low.

The current design is far better than the first solution to the critolyte problem.

Healing is not the issue. She revives indefinitely. It’s once she gets the speed Dow with 2 stacks, she can’t be played. She is not stunned. She is locked out.

The speed down should have a time limit like 3 turns or something like that.

I know healing is not an issue. NS have plenty of healers. The issue is knowing when to use the healing to avoid the speed down debuffs. Hence my advice to keep zombie alive after she takes damage. She will build up a stacks of speed buffs instead of the debuffs. But ok, take the advice or leave it. Your choice. I did what I could to help. The rest is up to you now.
  • I have a G12 road runner zombie that stacks speed so much she sometimes takes turns back to back. It’s kind of funny.
  • I have a G8 Zombie and managed to get 5.5mil in my last P4 run. Played properly you should never really get to -100% speed in the first place. It's a punishment for not being geared well enough or not using her well enough.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • My problem lies within the way they changed her kit. It specifically Targets MT leadership Zeta, Asajj Leader, Daka's unique Zeta, & the Mother Load, It straight up is designed to block the offensive output on Asajj unique Rampage. I dont need to break this down again as it will infuriate me the way they went about it. So NS are now worse than they were as far as Damage, Tm control, & ability to set up mechanic triggers, yet they also suck bad without her. Basically they stripped the team down with the specific way in which Zombie works. I.E. that incredibly specific nerf explanation. My suggestion, Tank her & make her super fast.
  • I have a G8 Zombie and managed to get 5.5mil in my last P4 run. Played properly you should never really get to -100% speed in the first place. It's a punishment for not being geared well enough or not using her well enough.

That's all nice & dandy. This was done for P3 period. You cant use MT lead in P4 so there are far fewer Deaths. I could care less how zombie works in P4. I can easily hit 5 mil w/o Zombie in P4. All you have to do is use OG Sisters & keep MT in place Initiate. But thats not the point. In P4, you are trying to keep her health up. In P3 you need her & other Sisters to die. But Zombie revives 2 sisters for the first to deaths permanently. Her nerf was for the P3. I have reworked & adapted & believe soon I may be able to solo the entire Phase after I farm some more. They set me way back with it, but gave me angry cause & determination. I found a stronger way for P3 now. I completed 33% of it on T6 with my 2nd attempt at this strategy last week.
  • Fakir wrote: »
    Gunhappy wrote: »

Healing is not the issue. She revives indefinitely. It’s once she gets the speed Dow with 2 stacks, she can’t be played. She is not stunned. She is locked out.

I know healing is not an issue. NS have plenty of healers. The issue is knowing when to use the healing to avoid the speed down debuffs. Hence my advice to keep zombie alive after she takes damage. She will build up a stacks of speed buffs instead of the debuffs. But ok, take the advice or leave it. Your choice. I did what I could to help. The rest is up to you

TANK her hard! & make her fast, like really fast. I know its a bunch of ****. But it is the only real way to use her now
  • Pan2218 wrote: »

I know healing is not an issue. NS have plenty of healers. The issue is knowing when to use the healing to avoid the speed down debuffs. Hence my advice to keep zombie alive after she takes damage. She will build up a stacks of speed buffs instead of the debuffs. But ok, take the advice or leave it. Your choice. I did what I could to help. The rest is up to you

TANK her hard! & make her fast, like really fast. I know its a bunch of ****. But it is the only real way to use her now
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You do realize you're asking for no change, right? -100% speed for three turns when turns will never come means -100% speed for the rest of the fight.

Zombie with a good mix of speed, bulk, and damage does a lot of things all at once. Soaking damage, healing damage, and dealing damage. That heal can bounce Asajj lead and Talzin unique all day long to loop actions, and can top Talia off after a special so she's primed for Asajj lead TM gain again.

To reach that -100% speed, your opponent has earned it. If you reach that -100% speed in a raid? Well, the Nightsisters are literally short list for most powerful raid team in the game. They don't need saving. They don't need a boost. A guild can literally beat the Sith raid with everyone investing in just two teams, and Nightsisters are one of them.

Making it at all possible to disable Zombie is there to discourage paper, and make it possible to beat her down. It's still hard. And she can bite the bullet for other sisters twice. Zombie is plenty good right now, and the Nightsisters are more dangerous than ever with this change. Zombie does not need a boost.

You're right, Zombie is better. But in effect & on purpose, NS Zetas are worse. You sound like you have used them alot, so I believe you know what I am talking about. Everything that you said is true. In certain situations, yes Talia, Zombie, & Asajj do click. But the fact still remains that Asajj wil never see half of the offensive output she once possessed. I had always had my Zombie at g9 pre nerf. But now, like you said, they have to earn her death. The mechanics for Zombie are by dmfar clunkier too. Alot of people are having some of these awesome numbers on lower tier raids as well. Our guild is hitting T6 so I know everything is going to change in heroic, as that is where they made no changes. This was timed well to give people delusions of grandeur in my opinion. (Which I will admit that after way too many nerfs to fix a problem with only 1 solution, has made me bitter & biased.)
  • Change to zombie actually helps Ventress and gearing her is incentivized finally. The change is great. Make her super fast guys and laugh when she takes back to back turns.
  • Okay, first of all, "a lot" is a large amount. "Alot" is a cross between a bear, a yak, and a pug. It looks like this:

SQ3yQky.png

Now, then.

You could say the zombie rework makes some of the Nightsister zetas less powerful. But the old format of having a blue gear zombie die literally hundreds of times to power up Asajj was not using Nightsister zetas. It was exploiting them.

With the zombie rework, the zetas are powerful and useful, but the Nightsisters are more capable of leveraging their core kit.

Rewarding keeping a zombie at G2 so they can just die a bajillion times and be better than a G12+ zombie was bad game design. The Nightsisters are stronger than ever now, and there's incentive to invest in zombie.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I like that Alot.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    So NS are now worse than they were as far as Damage, Tm control, & ability to set up mechanic triggers, yet they also suck bad without her.

NS are not nerfed at all for p4. Personally, I feel an improvement. Using a cardboard zombie (g8 — neither fat nor paper) I scored 7.3 million the raid before last, which is a tie for my previous best with paper zombie before the change. While zombie dies less, she also heals with her special giving bonus TM and extra turns. Had Daka not died with the enrage counter at 5 it would have been even better. If Daka had had her zeta still, she may have survived to enrage. For P4 the change was designed quite cleverly.

I have a G8 Zombie and managed to get 5.5mil in my last P4 run. Played properly you should never really get to -100% speed in the first place. It's a punishment for not being geared well enough or not using her well enough.

That's all nice & dandy.
    [...]
    In P3 you need her & other Sisters to die. But Zombie revives 2 sisters for the first to deaths permanently. Her nerf was for the P3. I have reworked & adapted & believe soon I may be able to solo the entire Phase after I farm some more. They set me way back with it, but gave me angry cause & determination. I found a stronger way for P3 now. I completed 33% of it on T6 with my 2nd attempt at this strategy last week.

The funny thing is, that with a paper Talzin + Initiate, setting up a good run in p3 becomes far easier, due to their quicker deaths, which is against the philosophy of CG. A fat zombie was always better for p3, even though I managed to score a 9,8 million once with a g6 zombie before the change (my only successful attempt in p3 ever).

Oh, and btw. be aware that my numbers are from heroic tier, when you compare them to yours.

I know speed is important for her. It always was. What's your point?

I disagree with the rest of your statement, though. If using her for p4 she needs only be just tanky enough to survive well enough to get one or two stacks of +speed. G8 with a bit of health primaries on her mods suffices. She will die now and then, feeding bonus offense to Asajj still, but she won't die easily enough to end with stacks of —speed debuffs. A fat zombie will die far less, feeding less bonus offense to Asajj.

But yes, a fat zombie is the best for p3 (always was) and arena/TW (was previously as well, though a paper zombie worked too).

YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You do realize you're asking for no change, right? -100% speed for three turns when turns will never come means -100% speed for the rest of the fight.

You're right, Zombie is better. But in effect & on purpose, NS Zetas are worse. You sound like you have used them alot, so I believe you know what I am talking about. Everything that you said is true. In certain situations, yes Talia, Zombie, & Asajj do click. But the fact still remains that Asajj wil never see half of the offensive output she once possessed.

Still not true. Asajj will stack less bonus TM in p4, yes, but she will take more turns due to zombie's healing on her unique. Not only will Asajj gain more TM, when zombie heals, but so will the rest of the team. With Daka and Talia gaining bonus TM from zombie as well, the TM train really gets a boost which more than makes up for Asajj' less bonus offense. NS perform better in p4 after the change.