Changes to the pillars since publication?

SJ76
16 posts Member
Hi

As a fairly new player working my way through the “pillars” (I just got Phoenix to 7* except Sabine who is still at 3*)

I was wondering if some of the “side projects” are still relevant given all the other options that have been released since.

For example do I need Lando? Surely there are so many other options now that old republic are available and needed for Revin.

Not that I will be able to get revin for about 2 years 🤣

Welcome any thoughts on who isn’t as necessary and why.

Replies

• Options
    The game has changed quite a lot since the pillars were created.

Shadowscream posted a good thread last month about the pillars and how the game has evolved and stuff which can be found here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182618/have-the-4-pillars-shifted

Hope that thread can answer some of your questions!
  • Options
    The core principles of the Pillars is unchanged - remain hyper-focused on building 1 team at a time to unlock Legendary & Heroes Journeys. Also to prepare for Heists, Fleet and Ship Challenges. Phoenix and Empire are still the most important early teams.

The most important issues I note are.

1) BHs are much more relevant than in the past - Credit Heist, Bounties, Rebel Roundup, Ships, and Chewie —> so Boba, Cad Bane and Greedo in particular are more useful in the long run than someone like Lando (which the pillars recommend).
    Also, you will need Dengar for Chewie —> he’s not a Legendary beginners can easily get (G12/11 Gear 7* BHs). You might as well slowly build up Dengar as he takes ages....

2) Darkside ships need enough focus to Unlock Tarkins Capital ship sufficient to get Zeta mats from the zeta ship challenge. Again not an early game goal but very important midgame to start amassing Zeta Mats.

3) Bastila should be slow farmed (probably) after Phoenix, Empire, CLS requirements. This is because her leadership ability once Zeta’d makes a weak faction strong. Once you add in GMY you have a solid team.
  • Options
    I get that the pillars are meant to help guide you toward being able to participate in the most events and such. But what it doesn't give you a clue on is how to pay for all those characters.

As a recently returned player I was way behind on the pillars. Given that I'm a huge fan of the Thrawn character I latched onto the pillars quickly and started grinding Phoenix. I almost have the core 5 Phoenix squad (no Sabine) to lvl 69, 5* and G8.

And I'm basically broke.

GW is very difficult for me to complete. I haven't finished it completely since I came back (got to node 12 once), and some days I can't even get through half of it before some lvl 85 7* squad decimates me.

The credit heists have helped a bit, and I've been trying to side-project a scoundrel team to increase that source of income, but those seem too few-and-far-between.

I've read that Resistance teams do well in GW, and given how critical GW is to maintaining any sort of cash flow, I'm thinking my second pillar should be Resistance. Naturally the same problem exists here: until they are viable for GW I would generally lack the credits to fuel leveling and star increases.

From those with more experience than I: does that sound viable, or would I just be wasting my time?
  • Options
    The big mistake a lot of newer players make is assuming that you need one team that can go all the way thru GW by themselves. This is decidedly untrue. You're allowed to use your whole roster - take advantage of it. If some guys get beat up, sit them a node or two. If you're looking at a dangerous team, maybe send in a softer squad to soak up some opening hits. Remember that if the opening rounds go horrible due to bad RNG, retreat and try again.

It will take some time before you will have one team that can just waltz through. And usually by then you're almost to the sim point and it all becomes rather pointless.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    @papy72 I would stick with Phoenix. I recently (6 months ago) started a 2nd account strictly FTP and worked on Phoenix first. A few weeks ago I finished my 150 GW completions with them and can sim it every day now. There were only a few days I didn't clear the GW board. Get them leveled up and unique abilities omega'd. You'll need to for Thrawn anyway.

Credits are always a bottleneck for leveling/starring. Pick and choose wisely. Being in a guild that generates their tickets and runs frequent raids helps quite a bit as well, the guild currency and credits add up quickly.
  • Options
    HyperCalm1 wrote: »
    @papy72 I would stick with Phoenix. I recently (6 months ago) started a 2nd account strictly FTP and worked on Phoenix first. A few weeks ago I finished my 150 GW completions with them and can sim it every day now. There were only a few days I didn't clear the GW board. Get them leveled up and unique abilities omega'd. You'll need to for Thrawn anyway.

Credits are always a bottleneck for leveling/starring. Pick and choose wisely. Being in a guild that generates their tickets and runs frequent raids helps quite a bit as well, the guild currency and credits add up quickly.

Yeah I'm in a pretty good guild. Got a 500k payout for a completed Sith raid earlier today. I had forgotten about that.

Thanks. You've given me some more stuff to think about.
  • Options
    The big mistake a lot of newer players make is assuming that you need one team that can go all the way thru GW by themselves. This is decidedly untrue. You're allowed to use your whole roster - take advantage of it. If some guys get beat up, sit them a node or two. If you're looking at a dangerous team, maybe send in a softer squad to soak up some opening hits. Remember that if the opening rounds go horrible due to bad RNG, retreat and try again.

It will take some time before you will have one team that can just waltz through. And usually by then you're almost to the sim point and it all becomes rather pointless.

This is great advice, I did the same to make it through at least one node almost every day.
  • Options

This is great advice, I did the same to make it through at least one node almost every day.

Yeah I do use suicide squads and retreat/retry strategies.
  • Options
    Playing since the beginning ... I still fight Nightsisters in arena top50 and they are a good raid squad, plenty of healing for GW, too. You could just focus your efforts there first I suppose, then BH/Scoundrels.
  • Options
    papy72 wrote: »

Starr GW with a low power squad... the game decides how hard your next battle is based on your teams power. So instead of starting out with your best 50k power team start out with a simple 30k team that can still beat it.

Second... Phoenix basically heals itself. Once you use them to unlock thrawn & Palp (by then you’ll also have Vader). Then it’s time to switch to empire when necessary.

But always always always start out with low power toons. Retreat if necessary or they are too weak. No penalty.
  • Options

Starr GW with a low power squad... the game decides how hard your next battle is based on your teams power. So instead of starting out with your best 50k power team start out with a simple 30k team that can still beat it.
    Are you sure about this? I've not heard anything like it before.

• Options

Are you sure about this? I've not heard anything like it before.

You have not heard about it because it is wrong.
  • SJ76
    16 posts Member
    Options
    My Phoenix are mostly level 80 and 7*, g8 except Ezra who is g9

I can complete GW with just them 2 out of 3 times

Usually if I can’t its because some ridiculous team shows up that wipes my entire roster

Yesterday I got a Traya led Sith team including nihilus and Sion, with zeta Vader and boba fett

Needless to say they whipped me so badly I barely got a shot in 🤣