New Item Idea

I think we need more Credit Heist style events to bring more excitement to the game. Smugglers run was okay but I have a new Idea that I think may help naturally balance the game and get people logging in.

The faction used will be Jawas, keep reading, to collect a new item. In Desert Scavenge, use your jawas to battle battle droids to collect gear tier packs. Desert Scavenge rewards g7, g8 and g9 gear tier packs that allow to to completely skip/fully equip the corresponding gear tier for a toon. This will be a fairly tough event but it will give us something new to work towards. Toons like Dengar and FOST have some pretty ugly gear at specific levels. This would add a strategic element to the use of these items to maximize their utility.

I think after 6 months or so a second similar event Forest Forage could drop the g8, g9, g10 packs. Ewoks squaring off vs the Empire.

In another 6 months drop a Wookies vs Trandoshans/BH for g9, g10, g11 .

These factions are largely useless and these events would bring meaning to their groups. Moreover, I think those new items would add a great strategic element to the game.

Replies

• Options
    They would have to be extremely difficult to beat if they are going to award complete gear set for any toon. And would mean that those toons require to battle in them would have to fully geared and modded to complete.... let me guess you went and g12/modded all you jawas.. and now there is nothing for them..
  • Options
    STRYKER667 wrote: »
    They would have to be extremely difficult to beat if they are going to award complete gear set for any toon. And would mean that those toons require to battle in them would have to fully geared and modded to complete.... let me guess you went and g12/modded all you jawas.. and now there is nothing for them..

Lol no my Jawa are pure trash, so are my ewoks. I just wanted to use the useless factions 2 of which are scavengers/foragers. I think g12 would be too harsh for the sets that drop from the jawa event, it would all depend on the events frequency.
  • Options
    I like the idea of requiring Jawas for an Raid/Salvage/Heist-type Event.

Maybe something simpler, like:
    -Five Gear 2 unlocks Tier 1, where the rewards are Gear 2 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 3 unlocks Tier 2, where the rewards are Gear 3 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 4 unlocks Tier 3, where the rewards are Gear 4 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 5 unlocks Tier 4, where the rewards are Gear 5 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 6 unlocks Tier 5, where the rewards are Gear 6 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 7 unlocks Tier 6, where the rewards are Gear 7 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 8 unlocks Tier 7, where the rewards are Gear 8 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 9 unlocks Tier 8, where the rewards are Gear 9 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 10 unlocks Tier 9, where the rewards are Gear 10 pieces or salvage.

So it's not mandatory to Gear them all the way up, it's up to the player to choose what rewards it's possible to get at their own pace. If it takes you 2 years or 5 years to get a squad up to Gear 9, no biggie. The game is centralized around other factions anyways.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    I like the idea of requiring Jawas for an Raid/Salvage/Heist-type Event.

Maybe something simpler, like:
    -Five Gear 2 unlocks Tier 1, where the rewards are Gear 2 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 3 unlocks Tier 2, where the rewards are Gear 3 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 4 unlocks Tier 3, where the rewards are Gear 4 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 5 unlocks Tier 4, where the rewards are Gear 5 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 6 unlocks Tier 5, where the rewards are Gear 6 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 7 unlocks Tier 6, where the rewards are Gear 7 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 8 unlocks Tier 7, where the rewards are Gear 8 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 9 unlocks Tier 8, where the rewards are Gear 9 pieces or salvage.
    -Five Gear 10 unlocks Tier 9, where the rewards are Gear 10 pieces or salvage.

So it's not mandatory to Gear them all the way up, it's up to the player to choose what rewards it's possible to get at their own pace. If it takes you 2 years or 5 years to get a squad up to Gear 9, no biggie. The game is centralized around other factions anyways.

I still like the idea of having gear tier packs though. So maybe for the lower levels you could get pack shards to make a complete pack and at the tougher levels you get complete packs. The technical requirements to build tiers pack would be very light. It wouldn't require the intense amount of testing that new toons and kits require. It would be a low cost item they could implement quickly to make these factions relevant.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I love the idea. Partly for some gear that we all need (hopefully no challenge gear we already have thousands of) second for the purpose of using rare toons that suck elsewhere. I farmed those darn Jawas for mod challenges and now you can just use one arena squad and 3* every single mod challenge the second you hit lvl 50 :/ took me months to put together each needed faction and get them strong enough to start simming the final battles and now I feel cheated for having to get some of them (mainly old Jedi and Jawa, rest of them have some use elsewhere)
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It's a great idea; it helps players gear toons and that's why it'll never happen.

You'd be fighting against their monetization scheme. Every full gear piece you win there is one less for you to buy from the store.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    It's a great idea; it helps players gear toons and that's why it'll never happen.

You'd be fighting against their monetization scheme. Every full gear piece you win there is one less for you to buy from the store.

Yeah but, Jawa and Ewoks.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Yeah but, Jawa and Ewoks.

Yeah, but free full entire gear sets on the (ir)regular.

Never happen...not as detailed above, anyway.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Even if we just get some salvage we can play old toons most of us were forced to farm. Doesn’t have to be full pieces but that would be nice
  • Options

Lol no my Jawa are pure trash, so are my ewoks. I just wanted to use the useless factions 2 of which are scavengers/foragers. I think g12 would be too harsh for the sets that drop from the jawa event, it would all depend on the events frequency.

I was only joking as I am one who spent forever starring those turds (jawas) and just barely 3 starred the mod challenge a week before they announced the change to any teams. So yeah I like the idea of having a event to use the little used toons in, but I don't see that happening as it was said before about gear sets would ruin the monetization strategies for them. But perhaps they could do it as a way to earn salvage pieces for the g7-10 levels. That would be cool. Even if it only ran once a month and they did shared attempts across the different tiers.
  • Options
    I think we need more Credit Heist style events to bring more excitement to the game. Smugglers run was okay but I have a new Idea that I think may help naturally balance the game and get people logging in.

The faction used will be Jawas, keep reading, to collect a new item. In Desert Scavenge, use your jawas to battle battle droids to collect gear tier packs. Desert Scavenge rewards g7, g8 and g9 gear tier packs that allow to to completely skip/fully equip the corresponding gear tier for a toon. This will be a fairly tough event but it will give us something new to work towards. Toons like Dengar and FOST have some pretty ugly gear at specific levels. This would add a strategic element to the use of these items to maximize their utility.

I think after 6 months or so a second similar event Forest Forage could drop the g8, g9, g10 packs. Ewoks squaring off vs the Empire.

In another 6 months drop a Wookies vs Trandoshans/BH for g9, g10, g11 .

These factions are largely useless and these events would bring meaning to their groups. Moreover, I think those new items would add a great strategic element to the game.

CG should hire you. I love the idea.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Lightsabermon
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Jawas -mod gear event
    Ewoks-mods: guarenteed purple/gold mods?
    I feel like a full gier teir is way to much.
  • Options

I was only joking as I am one who spent forever starring those turds (jawas) and just barely 3 starred the mod challenge a week before they announced the change to any teams. So yeah I like the idea of having a event to use the little used toons in, but I don't see that happening as it was said before about gear sets would ruin the monetization strategies for them. But perhaps they could do it as a way to earn salvage pieces for the g7-10 levels. That would be cool. Even if it only ran once a month and they did shared attempts across the different tiers.

EA admited that it was a mistake making us farm Jawa’s, rather than letting us farm what we want. I doubt they’ll go back and make them useful again. But IMO people should be compensated for farming them in the first place since they’re now useless.
  • Options
    I dont like the idea.
    Obviously it would be worth it, so everyone would gear a useless faction for it. So there are no decisions here.

Good parts of this game are things where you have to make a smart choice.
  • Options
    Jawas -mod gear event
    Ewoks-mods: guarenteed purple/gold mods?
    I feel like a full gier teir is way to much.

Just compensate people who invested in Jawa rather than create another use for worthless toons. They were good when the game came out, but now they’re just a waste of resources.
  • Options
    I dont like the idea.
    Obviously it would be worth it, so everyone would gear a useless faction for it. So there are no decisions here.

Shouldn't every faction/Toon have a purpose in this game?

-Rebels, Empire, First Order, and Resistance are primary squads, so they're for and in everything in the game
    -Bounty Hunters before the rework, new Toons, and ships, were only cannon fodder
    -Ewoks has the AT-ST Event
    -Jawas had that Farmer Luke Event and Crit Damage Mod Challenge
    -Separatists, Clones, and Jedi has Omega Battles, they are due for more troops and Events though
    -Nightsisters has 2 Events
    -OId Republic will be a thing soon due to Reven

Droids and Smugglers are a dumping ground for various factions, so that works.

Tuskens and Jawas need some reason for people to spend resources on them, otherwise, why have them in the game?

• Options
    I dont like the idea.

Shouldn't every faction/Toon have a purpose in this game?

-Rebels, Empire, First Order, and Resistance are primary squads, so they're for and in everything in the game
    -Bounty Hunters before the rework, new Toons, and ships, were only cannon fodder
    -Ewoks has the AT-ST Event
    -Jawas had that Farmer Luke Event and Crit Damage Mod Challenge
    -Separatists, Clones, and Jedi has Omega Battles, they are due for more troops and Events though
    -Nightsisters has 2 Events
    -OId Republic will be a thing soon due to Reven

Droids and Smugglers are a dumping ground for various factions, so that works.

Tuskens and Jawas need some reason for people to spend resources on them, otherwise, why have them in the game?

In my oppinion, every faction should have a real purpose. Likr a rock paper scissors game, but with more tools, like rock paper scissors spock lizard fire... Tuskens should be good against Idunno troopers. Jawas should be good against Resistance etc.
    Thats a purpose.

Making them a mandatory farm solely for resource farming, just hinders creativity and variety as you need to get these, instead of actually useful teams.
  • Options
    I agree with your opinion too. Except the bit about Jawas vs Resistance...unless that's in the next movie.

Maybe Jawas could be responsible for new Toons are that only "Droid" tagged? Their Sandcrawler in Ep 4 was filled with droids.

• Options
    Jawas are one my favorite things about star wars. I would love to have an event like this.
  • Options
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Jawas are one my favorite things about star wars. I would love to have an event like this.

Seriously? With their three minutes of screen time in one of the movies?
  • Options
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »

Same here! @Rmaxtpmx "Untinni!" :sweat_smile:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    I like this idea but I think it should just give parts not full items it would help with holo do and stun guns etc, but that is probably y it won't happen but I wish it would