Speed not ultimately good? Need your advice

Playing in relatively new shard(7-8 mnths) and run the most popular zEp team with vader, Zion nihilus and thrawn.
When i play the mirror match my vader is usually faster than opponent’s and goes first

And here is the problem-i use his special AOE which feeds TM to rival nihilus, he drain all my team cooldowns and i get smashed

How do you overplay that? Shall i slowdown Vader?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Just hit Nihilus with Vaders basic to start the match.... if all goes right it will ability block him and then your opponents vader will aoe and feed TM to your team... then you drain his cool downs with your nihilus and then hit him with vaders aoe... should take care of the issue
  • Options
    Roxxas wrote: »
    Playing in relatively new shard(7-8 mnths) and run the most popular zEp team with vader, Zion nihilus and thrawn.
    When i play the mirror match my vader is usually faster than opponent’s and goes first

And here is the problem-i use his special AOE which feeds TM to rival nihilus, he drain all my team cooldowns and i get smashed

How do you overplay that? Shall i slowdown Vader?

Thanks

Nihilus is fed TM when you put debuffs on Sion. If you throw ability block on Nihilus first turn, then have Thrawn throw his TM to Vader to do AOE as Vader's second move rather than first, it should go better. It's better to have an 80% chance to put AB on Nihilus rather than the 50% coin flip chance that happens when your team has 100% TM and the Nihilus does too.
  • Options
    I used to wrestle with that when I ran that team in the TBT (Time Before Traya). I ended up just Force Crushing anyway because I was better off not overthinking it and getting the TM train rolling. If you load up your DN with tenacity you can make it so that he gets fewer debuffs which will lead to fewer turn reductions overall and hopefully you can get a Drain off on the other team before you get wrecked. Given Annihilation's long CD you have time to make up for his initial Drain (hopefully).
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I usually just roll with the force crush with a faster vader. Saber toss whoever has the most debuffs. Even if I get drained, I can roll out a few debuffs that will slow their tm drain down. (pain on DV, shock on EP).

If I notice that my Thrawn is somehow faster than their vader, then I'll go for the ability block then swap tm.