Mace Windu Rework with Anti Sith, Seperatist and Bounty Hunter Synergy

Tony12345
98 posts Member
edited January 2019
The idea behind this Mace Windu Rework was, firstly, to buff up some abilities and change Vaapad to a unique as it did not seem fitting to be used as a leadership, given mace was the only person capable of using it without turning. Mace also has a strong synergy with Galactic Republic Jedi, and Anit synergy against Sith, Separatist and Bounty Hunters.
Mace Windu

Light Side, Tank, Jedi, Galactic Republic, Fleet Commander

Aggressive Jedi Tank with devastating damage if left unchecked

General Stats Suggestions
  • Health: 45,008 (Added 9000, to put him just under Bastila Shan)
  • Protection: 30,383 (Added 9000, same amount just to buff him up a bit)
  • Speed: 135
  • Critical Damage: 150%
  • Potency: 46%
  • Tenacity: 47%
  • Health Steal: 5%

Invincible Assault (Basic): Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict daze for 2 turns. If Mace is above 50% health or if the target is a Sith, this attack deals 50% more damage. If Mace is below 50% health, he recovers health equal to 70% of the damage dealt. (Damage: 5045-5511, Added +600 damage to compete with Revan’s ferocious charge.)

Smite (Special, Cooldown of 3): Deal physical damage to target enemy and remove all buffs from them. Then Mace gains all non-unique buffs that were dispelled for 2 turns. This attack deals 25% more damage against dark side characters. If the target was a bounty hunter, reduce the cooldown of this attack by one. If this attack defeats the target, they cannot be revived. This attack can not be evaded. (Damage: 8481-9267, Added 1000 to compete with Chewbacca’s ferocious bowcaster.)

Jedi Of the Republic (Leadership): Galactic Republic and Jedi allies gain +6% offense and 3% critical chance for each Jedi ally, and +6% max health and 3% max protection for each Galactic Republic ally. Separatist and Sith enemies have -25 speed. When a Jedi scores a critical hit, they recover 10% of their max health, and all other Jedi allies gain 15% turn meter.

Shatterpoint (Unique 1, Zeta): At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 70% chance to gain Shatterpoint until the end of his turn. This effect can not be dispelled, prevented or copied.

Shatterpoint (buff): Mace Windu can ignore taunt, stealth and marked. His next attacks deals an additional 20% damage to the targets max health. This effect can not be resisted.

Vaapad (Unique 2, Zeta): Mace gains 5% tenacity (stacking) each time he dispels enemy buffs. In addition, he is immune to daze, stun, and stagger. Whenever Mace resist a detrimental effect, he recovers 10% Protection. While Mace has no debuffs, he gains 35% counter chance (doubled against Sith) and Galactic Republic allies have 50% more defense.
Post edited by Tony12345 on

Replies

• Cool. Way better than what we have. Lightyears better.
  • Tony12345 wrote: »
    Mace Windu Rework
    Light Side, Attacker, Jedi, Galactic Republic, Fleet Commander
    Aggressive Jedi Attacker with devastating damage if left unchecked
    Invincible Assault (Basic): Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict daze for 2 turns. If Mace is above 50% health this attack deals double damage, and if Mace is below 50% health, he recovers health equal to the damage dealt.
    Smite (Special, Cooldown of 3): Deal physical damage to target enemy and remove all buffs from them. If the target is exposed, Inflict Shatterpoint for 2 turns which can’t be copied, dispelled, or prevented. This attack can’t be evaded.
    Shatterpoint (Debuff): Unit can’t gain buffs, and can’t reduce their cooldowns.
    Jedi Master (Leader, Zeta): Jedi allies have +40% offense and +20% critical chance. Sith enemies have -30 speed. When a Jedi ally scores a critical hit, they gain health steal up for 2 turns and all allies gain 10% turn meter.
    Shatterpoint (Unique 1, Zeta): At the start of each of his turns, Mace inflicts expose on a random enemy until the end of his turn. This Exposed can’t be resisted. Enemies who are inflicted with expose from this effect lose 25% turn meter. Mace gains 50% turn meter whenever he attacks an exposed enemy.
    Vaapad(Unique 2, Zeta): Mace has 20% critical chance and +50% critical damage. Whenever an ally counter attacks, Mace is called to assist. Whenever Mace is critically hit, Mace and all Jedi allies gain retribution for 2 turns.

This is surprisingly good. I think the Shatterpoint debuff could do a little more or have a bit of improvement, but the kit is well thought out and relatively true to character. +1!
    This is surprisingly good. I think the Shatterpoint debuff could do a little more or have a bit of improvement, but the kit is well thought out and relatively true to character. +1!

Thank you, I have been looking at other Mace Windu post and fixing it up from there. Til I felt I got it right.
  • This isn’t bad at all (bad meaning OP like a lot of the “rework” wishes on here want). With the Shatterpoint debuff, I assume you mean can’t *artificially* reduce cool downs through ability use like Nihilus’s drain force or BB8’s Illuminated Destiny.

Thinking about bb8, that would make him largely useless and destroy any Resistance meta. Might need to clarify how that works.
  • This isn’t bad at all (bad meaning OP like a lot of the “rework” wishes on here want). With the Shatterpoint debuff, I assume you mean can’t *artificially* reduce cool downs through ability use like Nihilus’s drain force or BB8’s Illuminated Destiny.

Thinking about bb8, that would make him largely useless and destroy any Resistance meta. Might need to clarify how that works.

I meant more along the line of freezes your Cooldown’s for 2 turns. That would make it so that you can only use whatever specials you currently have ready or your basic. My general intention was that the Cooldown can’t be reduced at all but I did not remember about some characters with special Cooldown abilities. I would probably keep it as Cooldowns can’t be reduced at all, making any Cooldown ability null for those 2 turns.
  • This isn’t bad at all (bad meaning OP like a lot of the “rework” wishes on here want). With the Shatterpoint debuff...Thinking about bb8, that would make him largely useless and destroy any Resistance meta. Might need to clarify how that works.

Remember that they have to be exposed in order to be debuffed with shatterpoint and shatterpoint Unique ability inflicts 1 expose randomly so it won’t always land on the same person. Plus, the debuff last 2 and smite Cooldown is 3 turns so you have 1 turn to get something going if B.B. were to be exposed back to back.
    This isn’t bad at all (bad meaning OP like a lot of the “rework” wishes on here want). With the Shatterpoint debuff...Thinking about bb8, that would make him largely useless and destroy any Resistance meta. Might need to clarify how that works.

Remember that they have to be exposed in order to be debuffed with shatterpoint and shatterpoint Unique ability inflicts 1 expose randomly so it won’t always land on the same person. Plus, the debuff last 2 and smite Cooldown is 3 turns so you have 1 turn to get something going if B.B. were to be exposed back to back.

With that expose-shatterpoint mechanic, you could effectively keep someone Shattered forever if you plug them into an expose-heavy crew. Put this under a JTR lead with bb8 and RT and you’re set with a permanent cooldown freeze.
  • Adding to my above comment if you were to use JTR, bb8, RT, this Mace, and a tank, even with the cooldown of 3 on Smite, you could ability block the Shattered toon for a round and then reapply Shatterpoint.

Or, god. Fracture plus Sharterpoint would be murderous.
  • Lol. Shatterpoint, not Sharterpoint
  • Adding to my above comment if you were to use JTR, bb8, RT, this Mace, and a tank, even with the cooldown of 3 on Smite, you could ability block the Shattered toon for a round and then reapply Shatterpoint.

Or, god. Fracture plus Sharterpoint would be murderous.

Haha lol. Yeah your right players might abuse “sharterpoint” that way. Give me a minute to think of something. Personally I had really liked that shatterpoint idea.
  • I think this is pretty cool rework, similar to mine. If there's a problem with using Shatterpoint every third turn, just increase the cool down to 4. I think if you were to run Bastila, GMY, GK, OB, and MW you would have a much easier time dealing with the triumvirate.
  • He needs anti-sith synergy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I agree, his leadership is decent and does penalize Sith, but most people won't use him for leadership. Not with GMY and Bastila as other options. Maybe his basic could pull a page from Darth Maul and have some extra benefit against Sith. Or simply move the speed reduction from his Leadership to his unique.
  • I think this is pretty cool rework, similar to mine. If there's a problem with using Shatterpoint every third turn, just increase the cool down to 4. I think if you were to run Bastila, GMY, GK, OB, and MW you would have a much easier time dealing with the triumvirate.
    It similar to your cause I started with yours as a base and worked on it from there. Looked up a couple of other Mace Windu’s and this is where I ended up.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    He needs anti-sith synergy.
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I agree, his leadership is decent and does penalize Sith, but most people won't use him for leadership. Not with GMY and Bastila as other options. Maybe his basic could pull a page from Darth Maul and have some extra benefit against Sith. Or simply move the speed reduction from his Leadership to his unique.

I just changed his basic to...

Invincible Assault (Basic): Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict daze for 2 turns. If Mace is above 50% health, or if the target is a Sith this attack deals double damage. If Mace is below 50% health, he recovers health equal to the damage dealt.

This way he always deals double damage to Sith, and he recovers more health when attacking a Sith while below 50% health.
    Other then that, don’t know if there is any way to add any more anti-Sith synergy without starting to move into OP territory.
  • Fixed this up a bit and left this comment to bring it back to the top
  • obikenobi1
    113 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    love the ideas for reworking Mace! excellent job man! I had a few ideas that might help make him balanced out a bit more seeing as we have Revan, Jolee and Bastilla running around.

1) Leader ability: change the leadership ability to work for Galactic Repulbic allies. This way Clones and Galactic Republic Jedi would be much better while keeping the OR jedi like Revan and Bastilla seperate as another meta jedi squad.

2) Shatterpoint unique: with the shatterpoint ability I'd suggest this:add making it inflict and a 100% chance to inflict an unresistable expose and the Marked status effect on any enemies suffering from the Shatterpoint debuff if Mace is in the leadership slot. This way all Jedi would key in on taking out the target Mace has weakened with Smite since it inflicted Shatterpoint on the enemy as long as Mace is the leader. Marked is the new status effect Revan brought and it makes Jedi meta and so i think this could be another way to make Jedi really good under Mace lead.

3) Shatterpoint debuff: make it have a stacking effect of -50% healing effects and stacking -15% speed. Mace could potentially gain smite every turn and he could keep on shattering a single opponent and decimating them! Stacking -50% healing would greatly diminish the effects the Nihilus leadership giving out 150% health steal and also Traya's insane heatlh gain from her lead.
  • obikenobi1 wrote: »
    love the ideas for reworking Mace! excellent job man! I had a few ideas that might help make him balanced out a bit more seeing as we have Revan, Jolee and Bastilla running around.

1) Leader ability: change the leadership ability to work for Galactic Repulbic allies. This way Clones and Galactic Republic Jedi would be much better while keeping the OR jedi like Revan and Bastilla seperate as another meta jedi squad.

2) Shatterpoint unique: with the shatterpoint ability I'd suggest this:add making it inflict and a 100% chance to inflict an unresistable expose and the Marked status effect on any enemies suffering from the Shatterpoint debuff if Mace is in the leadership slot. This way all Jedi would key in on taking out the target Mace has weakened with Smite since it inflicted Shatterpoint on the enemy as long as Mace is the leader. Marked is the new status effect Revan brought and it makes Jedi meta and so i think this could be another way to make Jedi really good under Mace lead.

3) Shatterpoint debuff: make it have a stacking effect of -50% healing effects and stacking -15% speed. Mace could potentially gain smite every turn and he could keep on shattering a single opponent and decimating them! Stacking -50% healing would greatly diminish the effects the Nihilus leadership giving out 150% health steal and also Traya's insane heatlh gain from her lead.

I added galactic Republic allies to his leadership however I felt that was a significant leader amongst the Jedi.
    I clarified that shatterpoint can stack
    I believe marked is going be used specifically for revan right now
    Plus i’m Not sure what it does