Could we please get these microstuttery animations fixed?

Fjreisat
57 posts Member
edited October 2018
SWGOH is a profitable, successful mobile game. Is it too much to ask that we have some basic polish in the combat mechanics and animation? Why does Talia's second special animation cause the game to freeze up every time? Same with Asajj's AoE, and a whole lot of other animations (too many to list). I know I'm not the only one with this issue, because everyone I've brought it up to says their game does the same thing. Just microstutters all over the place. Furthermore, the graphics are pretty mediocre and the game only runs at 30 frames per second when other mobile games do 60+. I just think the game would be a lot more enjoyable if we could have some improvements made here to make the game run smoother. Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    I havent experienced any of that. Perhaps you just need a better phone?
  • Lonwa
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    He is not the only one that is experiencing it. Even happens across platforms - both iOS and Android. On new and old phones.
  • Options
    Yeah, this is an annoying problem. I remember a while back they acknowledged that BB-8’s basic was prone to this, and they fixed it, but it remains a problem for the characters that OP listed. One of Scavenger Rey’s moves is also prone to this.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    Just adding, I think they prioritized the BB-8 fix because he counters and gets called to assist so often, the stutter on his basic was literally causing people to time out in arena matches. I doubt any of these will get prioritized in the same way, but it would surely be nice.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    Fjreisat wrote: »
    SWGOH is a profitable, successful mobile game. Is it too much to ask that we have some basic polish in the combat mechanics and animation? Why does Talia's second special animation cause the game to freeze up every time? Same with Asajj's AoE, and a whole lot of other animations (too many to list). I know I'm not the only one with this issue, because everyone I've brought it up to says their game does the same thing. Just microstutters all over the place. Furthermore, the graphics are pretty mediocre and the game only runs at 30 frames per second when other mobile games do 60+. I just think the game would be a lot more enjoyable if we could have some improvements made here to make the game run smoother. Thanks.

I see this and similar, and have a theory. I think the particle animations are over driving some video cards. I have seen explosions cause this, and I have a Quad Core HD tablet SGN 10.1, so... yeah, bites.
  • Options
    I havent experienced any of that. Perhaps you just need a better phone?

Nope. Razer gaming phone. But it happens on my PC emulator as well, and everyone I've spoken to about this knows exactly what I'm talking about.

So your game doesn't do anything weird when you use Talia's second special? Try it when she's below full health, so that she does the second part of the attack (though that shouldn't even be necessary for you to see what I mean).
  • Options
    Asajj AoE causes problems for me too. On my old Nexus 6P and my Pixel 2 XL. Computing power is not the problem. There are tons of AoEs with visuals equal to hers that don't glitch.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please report all bugs and issues to Answers HQ to get them any attention
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>