Everyone is so distracted with Revan...

Prev1
Gannon
1625 posts Member
QUICK! Drop JEDI LUKE!!!
but really, can we get some info whether it's total speculation or something to look forward to?
I'm not a huge fan of Luke, tbh, feel like his training was lacking compared to the old school ones, but would still love to know if it's a possibility. THANKS! We love you! =)

Replies

• Gannon
    1625 posts Member
    really, nothing? LOL
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    If they drop Luke now they would just cut their legs
  • Gannon
    1625 posts Member
    I agree. Not saying they should drop it now, that would conflict with their current big money event, but at least let us know if it'll happen in the near future.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    If he is the next in line is pure speculation ofc, but he's already in the game somewhere in pve (forgot the node)
  • No_Try wrote: »
    If he is the next in line is pure speculation ofc, but he's already in the game somewhere in pve (forgot the node)

He definitely isn’t
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

He definitely isn’t

Correct, I'm probably confusing with CLS which at the time we thought was jedi Luke.
  • I am actually distracted by the Hat Box Ghost Tiki Mug from Grog Grotto and the Enchanted Tiki Bar more than Revan entering the game. Trader Sam should be added to SWGoH as an Ewok, he’s still the head shrink of the forest and he’ll sell you two of his heads for one of yours.
  • They're not going to just let us know when they are going to drop a big toon like that so don't expect to get a answer. They have mentioned jedi luke will come one day but they have plans to keep this game going for a few more years so honestly it's possible that he comes a year or 2 years from now
  • The question should be when is dark side Revan coming?
  • Gannon
    1625 posts Member
    The question should be when is dark side Revan coming?
    Some in my guild seem to think he'll show up eventually too, possibly needing Jedi Revan and other new toons plus HK47 to unlock
  • Mos_Grievous1337
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @USAFmedic129 I actually got mine on Thursday. It's beautiful. Also, I enjoyed your reference.
  • He'll be released when Chewie comes back, so probably Christmas.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    He'll be released when Chewie comes back, so probably Christmas.

Can't wait to see who the log in character for november is.
  • This is the part where choices matter. Chase Revan or prepare for the never-gonna-happen Jedi Luke. There will always be some fringe players to focus on speculative requirements for future releases so they can be there to rub it in your face if they guessed right. Today, I am in the fringe, focusing on the team in the Chewbacca event, and slow-rolling the Revan thing.
    Because who knows, Jedi Luke might actually arrive and I would hate to be unprepared. But I promise I will not rub it in your face if I get it right.
    I just hope Luke arrives before I get completely tired of the holotables.

• I am actually distracted by the Hat Box Ghost Tiki Mug from Grog Grotto and the Enchanted Tiki Bar more than Revan entering the game. Trader Sam should be added to SWGoH as an Ewok, he’s still the head shrink of the forest and he’ll sell you two of his heads for one of yours.

*Tiki Hatbox Ghost
  • Gannon
    1625 posts Member
    come to think of it.. Wasn't something mentioned about previous in that road ahead thing? or was that also purely speculation?
  • I don't want Jedi Master Luke, to me that would mean the game has peaked and there would only be one way to go from there.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    I will start speculating when C3PO comes.
  • Out of curiosity, aside from the cover art, is there any real evidence out there that makes everyone suspect Jedi Luke is coming? Or is he just the character everyone would really like to see?
  • And drop jabba too while your at it! Not my problem nobody has farmed gamorrean guard...
  • Gannon
    1625 posts Member
    Out of curiosity, aside from the cover art, is there any real evidence out there that makes everyone suspect Jedi Luke is coming? Or is he just the character everyone would really like to see?

I have no earthly idea, but people keep bringing it up. Since the release of OT Chewy, I would say there are enough "hard to obtain" versions of the crew (CLS, R2, Rolo, Han, Chewy, and Hoda) that would make a decent end-game journey team, but also can't be panic farmed or paid for. (that's my theory, anyway. lots of ppl think other toons)

But no actual confirmation from what I've seen, that's why I started this thread. Maybe a dev will see it and respond, if we keep it active..
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    No hoda, it’s not going to happen . They will release some new characters to farm just like previous events.
  • Gannon
    1625 posts Member
    Why no Hoda? it's been out long enough for everyone to have him done, if they took the time to do him. and I think Chewy could be argued to be the new toon on that line, people who didn't already have hunters panicked to get him an spent lots of money.
  • The question should be when is dark side Revan coming?

lets see given jedi reven.... a week after we get marquee toons needed for his event.

and i dont mean a week after being farmable i mean literally just after the marquee event ends for the toons.
  • They have released two legendary/special toons within a month with Revan and Chewie, i wouldn't expect another for several months.

That said I'd hope they'd add a dark side legendary before another LS or the OT falcon(say 2+ months after BH ships are farmable and within a week of the a chewie event)
    I'd also hope/think a faction rework is coming over the next quarter for one of the weaker groups(clone, seperatists) or group filled with weak toons(GR Jedi not named yoda)
  • If revan is meta-defining, it wouldn't make sense to release jedi luke in the same meta. Wait for something to kick revan to the curb, and then maybe Luke to beat them.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Out of curiosity, aside from the cover art, is there any real evidence out there that makes everyone suspect Jedi Luke is coming? Or is he just the character everyone would really like to see?

I find this baffling as well. My guess is that whenever that art showed up, people started speculating and eventually everyone just forgot that it was never actually officially announced or hinted at.

That said, while Commander Luke already seems pretty Jedi-ish, it seems like a logical step for a full blown Jedi-tag-having, Darth-Vader-defeating, black-tunic-wearing Luke to be introduced at some point.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gannon
    1625 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

I find this baffling as well. My guess is that whenever that art showed up, people started speculating and eventually everyone just forgot that it was never actually officially announced or hinted at.

That said, while Commander Luke already seems pretty Jedi-ish, it seems like a logical step for a full blown Jedi-tag-having, Darth-Vader-defeating, black-tunic-wearing Luke to be introduced at some point.

I kind of agree, even tho it will make me a target on this forum. I never saw Luke as a Jedi in the same way as Quigon or Kenobi, and so on. He was too old to begin training, too undisciplined and stubborn to keep at it, and never really even finished. He just kind of showed up one day claiming to be one. I think compared to most others in the lore, he's woefully underwhelming.
    But so many talk about a Jedi Luke, figured I'd post it and see what the dev say, if they ever see this. lol
  • Given that Jedi Luke, who became a Jedi between ESB and ROTJ, was the be-all, end-all face of the Original Trilogy, which is the core of the entire SW franchise, I think it’s pretty understandable that people expect to see him in-game, and that expectation rises as the game grows older.

I tend to agree with the comment above- at this point it will kinda feel like the arrival of Jedi Luke is signaling the game is making the turn into the final stretch. I suspect many, many players are hanging around for that one toon, and once they have him, they may not feel as compelled to continue hanging around.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Then again, we now know Jedi Luke becomes a bitter old hermit heck bent on letting the Jedi order die out while evil rises to power, a man who milks space walruses and calls lightsabers laser swords, a guy who pouts over the past while his friends are dying in the present.

So, thanks to Rian Johnson and KK, who really cares if we get Jedi Luke? What we need is a new, more OP Rey. I give you: Jesus **** Rey.

The bleeped word is the word that normally follows Jesus- it starts with C and ends with h-r-i-s-t.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.