A few tweaks that would improve workflow and UI efficiency

herd_nerfer
1861 posts Member
edited October 2018
Fantastic job on the Mods UI update ladies and gents. It's a VAST and DRASTIC improvement over the old UI. Now that we've all had some time to settle into the new work-flows there are some minor improvements I'd like to suggest. I know there's some poor code monkey at CG that's going to see this and groan. I know that because I, myself, AM a poor code monkey and I would groan too - but there are some significant annoyances that can be relatively easily dealt with and improve the game experience.

The mod inventory cap is an irritation that plagues us all. I understand the desire to maintain a limit and while the ideal solution would be a MUCH MUCH higher cap, there are some alternatives that would help to alleviate some of the consternation felt when we get that pop-up that should say, "You can't apply these mods because it would cause your bits to overflow into the eternal void of lost data! Go back three or four screens and navigate to your character inventory and find some toons that don't have mods to make room to apply a mod loadout to this toon that you really need to be entering the raid with RIGHT NOW!"

I know it's been suggested before, but how about an option to swap mods instead of just a one-way action. A two-way toggle button handles the UI issue rather elegantly. Something like this, for example:

7n84ce0nqkov.png

Also, instead of dealing with all those screens and all those clicks when presented with this:

bwvdm1jy1sd6.png

How about about a shortcut to loadouts? Mod loadouts are supposed to facilitate quickly changing an entire set of mods but in it's current state, loadouts are at the very last layer of multiple screen transitions. So, since we're trying to quickly change a mod set, how aobut something like this:

qtzg2aewqdz9.png

And filtering... we've come so far but we stopped about 80% of the way to the finish line. We can get there with a three way toggle button:

d2yb6emhqyck.png

Also, when looking at the character inventory screen, it would be really helpful to know at a glace which toons have full mods and which ones dont. This one may be a stretch and I know that, but real estate is at a premium. In this example the gear locations can double as mod indicators. Six gear slots, six mods:

bnonlexdrdbv.png

In the above image, the gear slots with the green outlines indicate that there is a mod in the corresponding slot. So Bastila is missing her Offense Square, and I know that without having to open the mods screen or the character detail screen.

One last one - Because you have to check them each individually, it chews up a lot of extra time long pressing each toon to check mods (not to mention what loadout is currently equipped...) but a simple solution exists:

k6pphb8cc9w0.png

Also note the gear level indicator on the above image. In practice there would be gear and mod indicators on all five portraits, but I've already spent way too much time in paint today.

I realize that making changes like this requires more than just tweaking a few image resources, but I think we can all agree that while the mod update introduced some long awaited and desperately needed changes, there is a bit of polishing left to be done. I hope I've helped spur some ideas.

edit: formatting
F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.

Replies

• Options
    I like these suggestions, especially the filter stuff and the adding of the gear tier and mod sets in the team overview