Arena fights rigged

Meehigh
4 posts Member
edited October 2018
I think the game calculates how much damage the player can make to not win fights. For example: Say, if the player could defeat the enemy, the game calculates how many player attacks the enemy has to evade. Or how much damage player attacks can deal to not defeat enemy characters/ships.

Arena fights rigged 48 votes

Arena fights are rigged
10% 5 votes
Arena fights are not rigged
77% 37 votes
If you pay, you win
12% 6 votes

Replies

• Too much effort and coding to do that, and knowing CG, they'd rather not put in the effort. So nah.

Ps. I pressed the wrong vote button like a true chigga.
  • I think they are, but not in the way you suggest. There seems to be a strong AI boost to certain stats (Evasion and Potency I'm looking at you). It's the only way CG could make arena fights hard/challenging when you're not facing an actual human player. Adapting to the flow of the battle; dodges, missed debuffs, etc. Something the AI doesn't do well.
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It's well known there is a defender advantage given to the AI, but it is not rigged like OP suggests. Basically there is increased evasion chance and I believe potency or tenacity (I can't remember which, might be both) for the defending team, but damage, defense, etc. are not touched.

It's why ITF sometimes seems to evade everything in ships or why the opposing EP seems to always stun your entire team while yours stuns maybe two. The rational is it helps compensate for poor strategic decisions by the AI like fracturing zombie when she will just get killed by undying sacrifice after the focus on daka or AV.

This happens in most games with AI playing it. They have to give them some mild cheats to make it more challenging for the players and to improve the defensive abilities of things so the creative humans don't just slaughter them.

It would be very unprofitable for them to rig the system like you suggest especially because players WILL figure it out and stop playing if the game system is changing to make them lose. Giving buffs to AI controlled stuff to help them because they're dumb is pretty standard though and acceptable imho.
  • Meehigh wrote: »
    I think the game calculates how much damage the player can make to not win fights.

Stop assuming. Start investigating and prooving.

• Sounds like someone needs to Git Gud
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zmobie wrote: »
    It's well known there is a defender advantage given to the AI, but it is not rigged like OP suggests. Basically there is increased evasion chance and I believe potency or tenacity (I can't remember which, might be both) for the defending team, but damage, defense, etc. are not touched.

It's why ITF sometimes seems to evade everything in ships or why the opposing EP seems to always stun your entire team while yours stuns maybe two. The rational is it helps compensate for poor strategic decisions by the AI like fracturing zombie when she will just get killed by undying sacrifice after the focus on daka or AV.

This happens in most games with AI playing it. They have to give them some mild cheats to make it more challenging for the players and to improve the defensive abilities of things so the creative humans don't just slaughter them.

It would be very unprofitable for them to rig the system like you suggest especially because players WILL figure it out and stop playing if the game system is changing to make them lose. Giving buffs to AI controlled stuff to help them because they're dumb is pretty standard though and acceptable imho.

More like well assumed, but not known, and basically not true.....but sure.
  • The bigger issue is with 3rd party shard chats! My shard chat I have been told repeatedly to stay out of the top 10 or I will be ganged up on because I don't spend enough money in game and don't warrant the crystals you get for a top 10 ranking. There unfortunately is no way to for CG to monitor these chats so FML.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    lol these threads are great
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Something something confirmation bias. ;)
  • Hahaha, we have people complaining nothing holds on defense and then we have people complaining about rigged defense or some defender bonus.
  • Meehigh
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Fakir wrote: »
    Meehigh wrote: »
    I think the game calculates how much damage the player can make to not win fights.

Well actually I have several screen recordings of things AI characters do that they shouldn't be able to do. For example enemy characters randomly losing buff imunity that has been inflicted for two turns after their first turn without them or other charakters using abilities to remove it. Or how about the enemy Endurance using Convergence after three turns, or enemy nightsisters still coming back after having been defeated two times with zombie sacrificing (with talzin not present).

But there is also stuff that of course can't be proven without looking into the programming, that just makes you wonder and think that it is a bit odd: bringing the key charakter of the enemy team down to like 1% health (and never below) before AI's turn, or if you use a team dealing little damage you start off with the attacks, if you use a team dealing more damage (ergo being able to defeat the enemy) in the same fight (galactic march) the enemy starts with the attacks. That on the other hand could be explained by zmobies theory.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Fakir wrote: »

Well actually I have several screen recordings of things AI characters do that they shouldn't be able to do. For example enemy characters randomly losing buff imunity that has been inflicted for two turns after their first turn without them or other charakters using abilities to remove it. Or how about the enemy Endurance using Convergence after three turns, or enemy nightsisters still coming back after having been defeated two times with zombie sacrificing (with talzin not present).

If this is true and you're sure it's not just lack of insight in mechanics, then I suggest, that you report these bugs. Because that's what this is — bugs — and not rigging of battles.
    But there is also stuff that of course can't be proven without looking into the programming,

[...]

If you use a team dealing more damage (ergo being able to defeat the enemy) in the same fight (galactic march) the enemy starts with the attacks.

This can easily be tested by entering the same battle over and over with different teams, and then retreating again. Just be aware of the speeds of the characters and their preloaded turn meter while testing. Have fun :—)