The thing everyone forgot about

With all the Revan hype going on here (not the subject of this thread, please don't derail the conversation), people seem to have forgotten about Nightsister Spirit as the log in reward for this month. So far, no log in reward this year was pointless, but somehow connected to whatever the devs were releasing that month. Yet, NS have nothing to do with Revan. Anyone knows anything about that?

Replies

• Options
    It’s the dead spirit of revan. Obviously.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Although I really hope it means grievous rework soon!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    I suspect the NS Spirit for the log in has more to do with its being October and Halloween. If I recall correctly, a similar choice was made last year.

• Options
    I've heard 2 speculations about NS spirit. First being she was somewhat tied into the NS zombie rework (a bit lame, but still makes a bit of sense). The second thought is that it's for Halloween/anniversary of the NS release. The second one makes a bit more sense in my mind especially when you look at the October calendar for example. We are getting the ghosts of dathomir event twice this month when we usually only get it once.

I'm hoping it means something more significant though, new content is always fun!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    With all the Revan hype going on here (not the subject of this thread, please don't derail the conversation), people seem to have forgotten about Nightsister Spirit as the log in reward for this month. So far, no log in reward this year was pointless, but somehow connected to whatever the devs were releasing that month. Yet, NS have nothing to do with Revan. Anyone knows anything about that?

I’m guessing a new Maul.
  • Options
    You ever wonder what revan is inside that mask? There you have the ns spirit hint. ;)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    And ROLO had nothing to do with bounty hunters and HK had nothing to do with that month either.
  • Options
    Rolo was seemingly due to the lost TB battle in late Aug due to updates.

NS spirit looks to be for Halloween/anniversary.

It'll be interesting to see who is November as that toon has a good shot to be connected to a rework or something.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    And ROLO had nothing to do with bounty hunters and HK had nothing to do with that month either.

ROLO was a part of the Chewy event that you needed those bounty hunters to unlock. HK-47 is from KOTOR, and that was the month those KOTOR characters were released.
  • Options
    Most people have thought that it referenced a GG rework, but something from the Clone Wars era is still possible. The thing is that whenever we've had a rework, it has come with a new character who has synergy with the reworked character. They've hinted at more droids (IG2000's kit), so it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to think we'd get something like Droideka with a GG rework, and there's about a week between the end of the Revanue event and Halloween so there's time. We might even get a GG capitol ship.
  • Options
    In fairness, they aren't ALWAYS a hint. Sometimes they are just the next character on the list.
  • Options
    It's because you guys wanted more content faster. That alone will throw a balance off in any game. It's like the Mafia games, they won't release top properties ro fast or people will fall behind others.

Guess what, that's exactly what's taking place. Things from here on out are about making a choice. You need to pick a path instead of trying to conquer the game all at once.

• Options
    The log-in character has been more of a clue to something coming up than anything else. That something for nightsisters was zombie's rework. That, and the fact that spirit is amazing with the new zombie, and has taken a back seat to other compositions. Plus, the whole thing is only appropriate for Halloween.
  • Options
    NS Spirit is Revan’s Mom.

Jax’s Mom told me so.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    guh-guh-guh-ghosts!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    The thing the Devs have forgotten about is the lost special rewards from lstb that my guild and I and I’m sure others have still not received yet. Pick up your socks Devs. I know revan is top of the mind but this is costing us gear we could have applied weeks ago. Hope some crystals as a make good show up with the GET rewards.
  • Options
    NS Spirit of Mahaloween Super Store. It’s halloween month, NS are referred to as Dathomir Witches and zombie and spirit are Octoberish as Star Wars comes.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »

Well Halloween is coming!!
  • Options
    I suspect the NS Spirit for the log in has more to do with its being October and Halloween. If I recall correctly, a similar choice was made last year.

Nightsisters got reworked last October, and talzin/zombie/spirit came which is why i think talia was the log in last october
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Hk was new old republic toons

Rolo was about chewies event she was in.
  • tetete15
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm sure that a big part of the reason for the NS login reward is because it's October/Halloween, as well as the anniversary of the NS release. However, given the recent NZ rework and the double Ghosts of Dathomir event this month, it seems plausible for a GG rework to come in the near future. Not to mention, I feel like Ahnold wouldn't make the video threatening to delete his account (even jokingly) if he didn't at least have a reasonable hunch that a rework is approaching.