Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• Also, from the videos it looks like the AI is dumb and will attack a taunting target when an enemy is marked. That’s going to be a problem for defenses.

Thats why I prefer characters like imp trooper, simple, easy, do one things.
    Maybe they lack of utilities on offense, but things can never go wrong on AI's hand.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    When a toon is “marked” by revan should we still be able to target a taunting tank? Based on the original text it says all characters must attack the marked character

Currently in game you have an option to choose and works the same on D
  • mamba wrote: »
    When a toon is “marked” by revan should we still be able to target a taunting tank? Based on the original text it says all characters must attack the marked character

Currently in game you have an option to choose and works the same on D

WAI
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • If Revan's lead could make all allies immune to cooldown increase, it would be a much better counter against the Traya squads.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Also, from the videos it looks like the AI is dumb and will attack a taunting target when an enemy is marked. That’s going to be a problem for defenses.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, the AI still will hit taunting targets and not just the marked targets, luckily though Revan is so crazy strong that even Traya still dies even if things don't always target her.

The problem is a lot of those videos use Ezra, who dispels Sith Troopers taunt. I wasn’t wanting to use Ezra, but he might be essential because of that dispel. May have to just make him go first.

Bastila can also dispel. And I think she'll be better on a Revan team than Ezra.

I'm using Bastila over Ezra. First battle went more than easy. Considering gearing up Bindo and running him instead of HYoda.

Not sure but seems like his zeta revive would make the team much harder to beat on defense.

Revan (3 zetas)
    GMYoda (2 zetas)
    HYoda (1 zeta)
    Bastila (1 zeta)
    GK

That's my squad.

Ezra's dps is higher then GK, higher then Bast, higher then Hyoda, ect. You missing out on a ton of damage cause remember, he assists twice. He's also cleansing buffs such as taunt, which is what makes your characters hit other targets instead of the marked target. He also calls for more assists that can be 100% crits or more TM.

From what I've seen, the better teams don't use hermit Yoda, its Revan/GMY/Bast/Ez/GK so far doing the best. Hoda doesn't do much at all when the AI makes him assist (actually doing nothing a lot of the time) as the ai has always been terrible with Hoda.

The amount of times I've seen the enemy Hoda use GMT on Old ben is too many to count. Jolee would indeed be the better choice for defence over Hoda as well.

Need to see actually what Jolee does for the team still myself, since he will help with the surviving aspect much better then Hoda.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Also, from the videos it looks like the AI is dumb and will attack a taunting target when an enemy is marked. That’s going to be a problem for defenses.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, the AI still will hit taunting targets and not just the marked targets, luckily though Revan is so crazy strong that even Traya still dies even if things don't always target her.

The problem is a lot of those videos use Ezra, who dispels Sith Troopers taunt. I wasn’t wanting to use Ezra, but he might be essential because of that dispel. May have to just make him go first.

Bastila can also dispel. And I think she'll be better on a Revan team than Ezra.

But he won’t dispel 1st on defense, which may mean Traya or whoever gets marked doesn’t get taken out immediately.

On offense obviously none of this is an issue.

Exactly.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I’m sitting 3rd in an older shard... lots of Treya the odd Bast and the occasional chewy rebel.

Im running 50/50 great toon with amazing mods and half gear 10-11 and crap mods.

Gear 12+ Revan 309 speed(crazy I know)
    Gear 12+ GK (defense mods)
    Gear 10 Bindo (crap mods)
    Gear 11 Bast (ok mods)
    Gear 11 Yoda (crap mods)

All zetas exept for yoda (could bust haven’t) and I am holding great. Can’t wait till I can gear 12 them and switch all my arena mods on them...

This is gonna be a crazy good team but I’m cautious of not saving gear and a zeta because I see a (Sion) level Jedi attacker coming that will devastate teams and it will be the big pay or big gear paywall.
  • You said that he was also going to be a villain.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

I'm using Bastila over Ezra. First battle went more than easy. Considering gearing up Bindo and running him instead of HYoda.

Not sure but seems like his zeta revive would make the team much harder to beat on defense.

Revan (3 zetas)
    GMYoda (2 zetas)
    HYoda (1 zeta)
    Bastila (1 zeta)
    GK

That's my squad.

Ezra's dps is higher then GK, higher then Bast, higher then Hyoda, ect. You missing out on a ton of damage cause remember, he assists twice. He's also cleansing buffs such as taunt, which is what makes your characters hit other targets instead of the marked target. He also calls for more assists that can be 100% crits or more TM.

From what I've seen, the better teams don't use hermit Yoda, its Revan/GMY/Bast/Ez/GK so far doing the best. Hoda doesn't do much at all when the AI makes him assist (actually doing nothing a lot of the time) as the ai has always been terrible with Hoda.

The amount of times I've seen the enemy Hoda use GMT on Old ben is too many to count. Jolee would indeed be the better choice for defence over Hoda as well.

Need to see actually what Jolee does for the team still myself, since he will help with the surviving aspect much better then Hoda.

Yeah, I have since dropped HYoda and added Thrawn. Only fell two spots from 3 to 5 and it's been 19hrs since payout. @Gorem
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I want reven how can I get him
  • Jojo1981 wrote: »
    I want reven how can I get him

$$$
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I find it funny that right now, what's going on is people are trying to find the best defensive team with Revan to make him work, so instead of it being a "this team can beat Revan" its a "This team makes Revan team better on defence, lets keep beating Revan until we find a good defensive team" xD
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I find it funny that right now, what's going on is people are trying to find the best defensive team with Revan to make him work, so instead of it being a "this team can beat Revan" its a "This team makes Revan team better on defence, lets keep beating Revan until we find a good defensive team" xD

People are trying to find the best defensive team because that’s what always happens when a new team is introduced to the meta. This time it’s taking a bit longer and a bit more testing because there are so many choices and variations plus at least two of the characters are new. When Traya came out the choices were pretty obvious. Aside from Traya herself, people had been playing a very similar squad (Nightmare) so it was pretty easy to figure out that you just replaced one character on the existing Nightmare squad.

Also the “How to beat Revan” is not new or different either. There are tons of videos out there titled “How to beat Traya” using everything from Wiggs to zFinn, to Magma Trooper. That’s just what happens when a new arena teams shows up. Everyone finds counters to it.

The only disappointing thing for me is we’re back to speed wars. When mods were being reworked we were told that they were trying to lessen the need for speed but we’re back to make Revan as fast as possible so he goes before being fractured/before other Revans.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Apologies if this was asked already but haven't found an answer yet. If you kill Revan first does he revive himself? The text implies he shouldn't (it says "another jedi ally") but someone in my guild was saying his Revan revived.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yes he revives himself.

"While Revan is in the leader slot and not the ally slot, he can also be saved by Savior."
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Hahaha these kits are so long I didn't have time to read the whole thing today.

Thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Hahaha these kits are so long I didn't have time to read the whole thing today.

Thanks.

The best is reading his leader ability in game from the ranking area when checking out other teams, or like from a FL ally to use in combat, the text is tiny.
  • thedudeguy wrote: »
    "However, he is locked behind a strict paywall"

You can get every single character with free energy. That's not what a paywall is. I'm not gonna defend EA/CG but at least be honest when criticizing them.

You CAN get every character with free energy, but not in a timely manner that’ll let you get him anytime soon. By then, wallet warriors will have him up to g12+ with super mods on them. So yea, this benefits people that pay a lot of money. I spend $150 (sadly) a month on this game and I am nowhere near ready.

• Dunedain
    89 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    thedudeguy wrote: »
    "However, he is locked behind a strict paywall"

You can get every single character with free energy. That's not what a paywall is. I'm not gonna defend EA/CG but at least be honest when criticizing them.

You CAN get every character with free energy, but not in a timely manner that’ll let you get him anytime soon. By then, wallet warriors will have him up to g12+ with super mods on them. So yea, this benefits people that pay a lot of money. I spend $150 (sadly) a month on this game and I am nowhere near ready.

just another paywall for those who have deep pockets to run away from the competition in a short time.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Halig wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

I’m sure you’re going to get there. But specifically will annihilate trigger savior. Or as it’s an outright kill does it by pass the Savior unique

Thanks

It bypasses Savior and will still finish off the target because as you said, it defeats the unit and isn't actually dealing damage

@CG_SBCrumb can you tell me what happened here?
    https://youtu.be/dqWgO5o_wV4
    About 2:40. I tried to annihilate General Kenobi. And he is still present. Is this a bug? I can't win because of it. Happened few times...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Endir wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

I’m sure you’re going to get there. But specifically will annihilate trigger savior. Or as it’s an outright kill does it by pass the Savior unique

Thanks

It bypasses Savior and will still finish off the target because as you said, it defeats the unit and isn't actually dealing damage

About 2:40. I tried to annihilate General Kenobi. And he is still present. Is this a bug? I can't win because of it. Happened few times...

"savior"?
  • No_Try wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Thanks

"savior"?

Crumb stated annihilate won't trigger Saviour.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Thanks

"savior"?

Crumb stated annihilate won't trigger Saviour.

Can you get the quote?

Found it. This is somewhat ambigious. It also reads to me like a character can be annihilated after they are brought from dead, instead of annihilate not triggering saviour.
    Ponnek wrote: »
    And another question about the 1% life...iif a Jedi has 5k life left and gets damaged with 5100..ddoes that trigger the ability? He won't be at 1%, he would be at 0%
    It should read 1% and below. They will still revive if they take lethal damage
    Slightly more complicated answer after talking to the dev team. Once a character with Savior hits 1%, they stop taking damage. They never technically revive but Nihilus' Annhilate will still finish off a character
  • Savior would have kicked in before that happened. That's a bug and you got worked over. Glad you recorded it.
  • Savior doesn't work because the Jedi toon never reaches 1 health. They go from whatever % health to just dead.
  • @No_Try this was the one I meant, it's a bit clearer and buried somewhere in this thread. I went to Crumb's page and comments to find it:
    grw9c3s5ec68.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    @No_Try this was the one I meant, it's a bit clearer and buried somewhere in this thread. I went to Crumb's page and comments to find it:
    grw9c3s5ec68.png

Ok then, we are looking at a bug which deserves it's own topic. It's clear in the video that's saviour because it comes with the crit immunity.
This discussion has been closed.