Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• I'd just like to point out the Vets RE: RJT. Waaaaay more useless of a farm than OR for Revan.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb does these bonuses for Revan’s Leader ability double for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”
    Yes, it applies twice to Old Republic Jedi Sorry for the confusion, this only applies once

To rereclarify: So only once and NOT twice? Thx!

c0pykjk027vg.jpeg
    Ugh, sorry for the back and forth on this one. It applies twice the bonus for Old Republic Jedi once. You'll get +10 or 10% for each Old Republic Jedi
  • The recommended synergy is quite surprising... i mean they could have at least included a jedi from old republic. I cannot wait to try jkr(L), gmy, bastilla and two units between hermit, jolee and gk
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb does these bonuses for Revan’s Leader ability double for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”
    Yes, it applies twice to Old Republic Jedi Sorry for the confusion, this only applies once

c0pykjk027vg.jpeg
    Ugh, sorry for the back and forth on this one. It applies twice the bonus for Old Republic Jedi once. You'll get +10 or 10% for each Old Republic Jedi

Essentially it gives a 1.1 modifier once instead of a 1.05 modifier twice.

Which is really just semantics since there is only a .0025 difference between the two.
  • His kit is ridiculously overpowered and will be instantly meta-defining. For a character of this status, it is not surprised. However, he is locked behind a strict paywall and will only be unlocked by people who paid. Some game changers have suggested a 2 week extension, which would certainly work. It would also be good (in order to quell the community uproar) to have a double or triple shard drop event from now until the end of the event, along with an acknowledgement that the F2Ps and small spenders are getting screwed over. CG, please respond to all the comments. We need some level of transparency. Some message should have been released alongside his kit reveal, and there needs to be action, quickly.

If you are FTP you will get him eventually as you do with EVERY toon in the game. To expect Revan to be ftp accessible by lower level players with 2 or 3 months played for free is absurd! If you're a "small spender " you didn't get screwed over. A small spender would buy the packs and if they started farming as soon as they hit you'd be close or there ny now. Pay attention to when toons hit just like they did with bounty hunters
  • For everyone confused about mark. Read the ability as normal and how it inflicts marked, then underneath it explains how marked works as a debuff.

Aka, marked is a taunt that you inflict on the enemy.

Since Recently bypasses taunt this means you can inflict taunt on whichever unit you wish and make sure they die. (Eg palp or treya)
  • Digging his kit, he has some synergy with OR toons but something tells me that they are saving the True OR synergies for when they eventually release Carth
  • Holy cow, he’s a lot better than I thought he would be! Are we expecting a nerf in not too long?
  • All those crying about this screwing over F2P players need to stop. If you planned and are playing this game consistently like most of us have been doing for years now, you would have save up crystals allowing you to farm up the OR toons in time. Those who aren't ready, prepare for the next time around. It's not like Revan will become obsolete in a few months.
  • Holy cow, he’s a lot better than I thought he would be! Are we expecting a nerf in not too long?

Expecting a nerf? They just spent a ton of time making sure that he was powerful enough. I don’t think they’re going to make him less powerful, lol.
  • Why was "Marked" made so confusing? Is there a reason you wanted to make it a debuff? It can't be dispelled, copied etc. Also we already have examples of forcing an enemy to taunt... Geo Spy ship I think as a reinforcement, which is not well implemented cause if a ship is already taunting that's the only ship you can target.
  • Destrkta wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Ponnek wrote: »
    Does Nihilus' Anihilate skill trigger the savior ability? Or will it only trigger if a Jedi ally gets damaged to 1%?
    Dude, the day Nihilus came out, I was like “one hit kill! That’s crazy!” They’ve nerfed that ability to the stars since then. So my guess is yes, annihilate triggers it. Even though it says can’t be revived on my Nihilus.

I think annhilate will still work as described, we just tested it with Jango contract payout, he can still be annhilated while immune to damage.

It will work like L3 DN will still boom it.
  • Please don’t worry about delaying this event if you must. I for one am very understanding please take all the time you need. Thank you.
  • Look at the name of Uniques : Savior, Hero.
    It lacks Conqueror and Villain from Malak's quote.
    Darth Revan incoming? :)
  • Yay, another toon who will be impossible to play against in the arena.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Fainsan1 wrote: »
    All those crying about this screwing over F2P players need to stop. If you planned and are playing this game consistently like most of us have been doing for years now, you would have save up crystals allowing you to farm up the OR toons in time. Those who aren't ready, prepare for the next time around. It's not like Revan will become obsolete in a few months.

The best thing to do is to realise that 90% of the playerbase won't have him, and the people who do get him, the krakens, didn't need him in the first place.

No F2P player will own a Revan, unless they are not really f2p. Having 50K crystals "saved" over the past year to spend on useless OR characters for Revan, means they are just good at mooching off shard chats while they actually suck at the game.

This is a paid for character, 100%, there is no argument. next time around though, he'll be a free for all :D

And for the other question:

So that means Jolee and Bast give 10% to the pot each, so that's a potential 40% Crit and offence gain? (Since Revan I assume has both tags as well)

10-10-10-5-5 Speed as well.
  • How does Unbreakable Will act with Savior?
  • Minowara wrote: »
    Moroveus wrote: »
    Was hoping he'd make those Old Republic characters useful in some way to justify farming four useless toons.
    Lol useless how???

Just get over with it because arena based player always think that way.
  • IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    New META will be
    Darth Revan (L)
    Bastilla Shan
    Hermit Yoda
    Grand Master Yoda
    General Kenobi

We dont have Darth revan yet.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    This post isn't really about his kit, which is why I'm putting this in general.

But I really like how he looks, his animations, and even the names of his abilities. I've always thought of him as a kind of Jedi Thrawn. Awesome at tactics, great at leading people, and also great fighter because Jedi.

It looks like they hit those nails on the head with him. The animation on that basic looks like it hits hard. Throwing that lightsaber at everyone and doing some Force magic? that's some master tactic stuff. Popping your signature pose, using the force, giving everyone instructions and smacking the target? I think that's great.

He looks awesome, his moves look awesome, and his kit will finally get me to invest heavily in Jedi. I'm excited to get him whenever he comes back around, and to see the Terentatek in action.

Great job devs!
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Moroveus wrote: »
    Was hoping he'd make those Old Republic characters useful in some way to justify farming four useless toons.
    Lol useless how???

Just get over with it because arena based player always think that way.

Good point.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    +1,000,000
  • All bow to the wielder of the mighty pinksaber! @Vampire_X where did you get yours?
  • “While Revan is in the leader slot and not the ally slot, units are immune to bonus Turn Meter effects from leader abilities until the start of the first turn of battle.”

Not quite sure I know what that means, other than looking like a hard counter to any Bastila lead Jedi teams....

So thats gonna effect raid han as well?
    Since his bonus turn is 100% turn meter at the starts of the battle.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    New META will be
    Darth Revan (L)
    Bastilla Shan
    Hermit Yoda
    Grand Master Yoda
    General Kenobi

We dont have Darth revan yet.

It's obvious though...If you read over everything
  • @Phoenixeon

No. Because Han's is self-induced. It's not from a leader. This is designed to counter Bastila and Maul's starting TM advantage.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

c0pykjk027vg.jpeg

Essentially it gives a 1.1 modifier once instead of a 1.05 modifier twice.

Which is really just semantics since there is only a .0025 difference between the two.

You’re missing an important point: It says “for each”. So you get +10% for Bast, +10% for Jolee, and plus another 5% for any OR or Jedi. You basically max out at +30%.
  • Well, since the debate doesn't seem to be over... yes it was 100% possible to get Revan f2p. I started hoarding crystals and gear the moment Balista was announced because I knew this exact event was coming (well, I knew Revan was coming as a 7* unlock, I didn't know it wouldn't be called a hero's journey a d I didn't k ow it would be Jedi Revan, though I did know he would be light side)

I am exactly 27 shards away from finishing my OR toons and I am roughly 12k crystals OVER where i started. So, yeah definately doable as a f2p if you saw the writing on the wall and acted accordingly... if you didn't, then yeah paying is the only option... but please stop with the p2p only garbage.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Savior seems a bit OP, almost like zombie rework on steroids. Now we legitimately have to kill each Jedi twice, including Revan. So it's 10v5 Squad Arena fights unless you have Nihilus and he annihilates Revan first. The race is on!
This discussion has been closed.