Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• His kit is ridiculously overpowered and will be instantly meta-defining. For a character of this status, it is not surprised. However, he is locked behind a strict paywall and will only be unlocked by people who paid. Some game changers have suggested a 2 week extension, which would certainly work. It would also be good (in order to quell the community uproar) to have a double or triple shard drop event from now until the end of the event, along with an acknowledgement that the F2Ps and small spenders are getting screwed over. CG, please respond to all the comments. We need some level of transparency. Some message should have been released alongside his kit reveal, and there needs to be action, quickly.

It's fine how it is. You are not entitled to get Revenge F2P the first time out. Set old republic as favorite and start farming now you will get him the next time the event comes around.
  • Ponnek wrote: »
    Does Nihilus' Anihilate skill trigger the savior ability? Or will it only trigger if a Jedi ally gets damaged to 1%?

No. Nihilhus can still annihilate. In every other scenario it's basically a full heal.

The real question is if any damage carries over. Like if an enemy is at 5% and I hit them for 50% Do they go back to 100/100 or do they take that extra 45% damage into their protection.
  • Geez. Jedi Knight Revan is basically Jesus. The angry 2.0 one, not the 'love they neighbor' one. Lashing and tossing all these Sith blasphemers out of his temple.
  • Still no answer regarding Unbreakable Will. If the toon is hit by Nihlius, they don’t die. Do they receive the benefit of Savior?
  • AIWA
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I do not like the kit from Revan.
    I do not like it.

Revan is a legend in Star Wars
    The kit is too weak.

That's my opinion sry
    Gibst du jemandem die möglichkeit zu fliegen, dann musst du **** rechnen das er fliegt!
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Double drops. Will there be double drops? Any double drops? Any at all?

They’ve never made any mention of it, so I would assume not.
  • I read the "Marked" description as the debuff text. Basically giving Revan the ability to force an enemy to Taunt and all of Revan's allies will target it on their turn.
  • Revans kit looks like they made a kit and it ****, so they made another kit and it **** and then they ran out of time so they just put the two kits together.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Shake wrote: »
    I read the "Marked" description as the debuff text. Basically giving Revan the ability to force an enemy to Taunt and all of Revan's allies will target it on their turn.
    Marked is the same as Geo Spy's reinforcement ability

• Lightsabermon
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Everyone who cant unlock him is going to cry

Lol, everyone ftp has been crying since anouncement he was coming.

Also, does the max health decrease include protection up, or is it just a nest nerf?
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    Lol I'll wait Darth revan.
    Pass.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Fainsan1 wrote: »
    All those crying about this screwing over F2P players need to stop. If you planned and are playing this game consistently like most of us have been doing for years now, you would have save up crystals allowing you to farm up the OR toons in time. Those who aren't ready, prepare for the next time around. It's not like Revan will become obsolete in a few months.

The best thing to do is to realise that 90% of the playerbase won't have him, and the people who do get him, the krakens, didn't need him in the first place.

No F2P player will own a Revan, unless they are not really f2p. Having 50K crystals "saved" over the past year to spend on useless OR characters for Revan, means they are just good at mooching off shard chats while they actually suck at the game.

This is a paid for character, 100%, there is no argument. next time around though, he'll be a free for all :D

And for the other question:

So that means Jolee and Bast give 10% to the pot each, so that's a potential 40% Crit and offence gain? (Since Revan I assume has both tags as well)

10-10-10-5-5 Speed as well.

OR Toons aren't useless!!!! One of the best to def teams and I can use Vao and Zaladbar to do a ton of dmg to Sion in HSTR. {{{{GET WOKE HATERS}}}}
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

Also, does the max health decrease include protection up, or is it just a nest nerf?

To be fair, even the people who would pay for him are unable to afford him in the time unlotted, its not just free players but also spenders who will not be unlocking him :D

Wait a min, that's interesting, he will even be a hard counter to nest :o
  • Not sure why everyone thinks this is mega OP...!? I think isolate and annihilate can easily shut a Revan lead down on offense. But we shall see tomorrow. 😊
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Savior seems a bit OP, almost like zombie rework on steroids. Now we legitimately have to kill each Jedi twice, including Revan. So it's 10v5 Squad Arena fights unless you have Nihilus and he annihilates Revan first. The race is on!

It says "the first time" so it'll only work once. That means it's a 6v5 at best.
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I feel like the “immune to stun and ability block” thing is not very creative. If you give this to all the good toons, Chewie, Revan, etc., then it’s not even fun anymore. It is a really great thing to have, but it’s gonna make things real boring in the long run.

I can’t like this enough. Stop with the “immune to” uniques and the attacks that can’t be evaded/resisted. It’s so uncreative.
    Requoting for emphasis

Cringed when I saw another premium toon with "immune to x,y,z debuffs"

Immune to TMR is fine but when you do it on Ability blocks, stuns etc its just lazy and uninspired and really cheapens a lot of toons whose biggest highlight is the ability to stun (First Order).

Just give Tenacity up or increased Tenacity. Maybe don't give every single toon a "cannot be resisted" debuff so you don't run yourself into a corner

Lol I'm just waiting for the inevitable "immune to fracture" toon.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone thinks this is mega OP...!? I think isolate and annihilate can easily shut a Revan lead down on offense. But we shall see tomorrow. 😊

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Hate to tell you.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018

Enfys Nest kit says that Enfys Nest gains 40% bonus protection so its referring to Nest here.

Its not a Nest nerf but allows Jedi with low DPS to overcome the nest cheese and AI will be somewhat competent on defense and prevent the Qira / Nest cheese strategy

I'm also wondering if this applies to toons with protection up buff or not

• Antares wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone thinks this is mega OP...!? I think isolate and annihilate can easily shut a Revan lead down on offense. But we shall see tomorrow. 😊

Can? Probably. But how reliable will it be? I feel like if Revan marks Nihilus right off the bat he’s going to be dead before anyone else on your team even gets a turn. And if either Traya or Nihilus fall early I don’t think the rest of the squad is strong enough to take down the Jedi.
  • I guess leader abilities need almost a page of description now?
  • dad2my3 wrote: »

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Hate to tell you.

Not for most of the world...
  • @CG_SBCrumb, does Savior ignore heal immunity?
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Can? Probably. But how reliable will it be? I feel like if Revan marks Nihilus right off the bat he’s going to be dead before anyone else on your team even gets a turn. And if either Traya or Nihilus fall early I don’t think the rest of the squad is strong enough to take down the Jedi.

Possibly. But when you play Traya on offense, there is a very good chance Revan will mark someone else. And then perhaps accelerate DN even more (his unique let’s him gain TM)
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    I find it ironic that he is not advertised as having great synergy with the Old Republic toons needed to unlock him.

of course not CG knows those toons arent that good

On a team like Revan, Bast, Jolee, Mission and Zal, all 4 of the allies would get +30 speed, +30% Crit Chance and Offense (10 from Bast + 10 from Jolee + 5 from Mission + 5 from Zal). That seems like pretty good synergy to me... a full non OR Jedi team would only get 20.

Doesn’t JR counts as OR Jedi? Should he also give that 10% bonus?
  • Just saw ahnalds video. He said he had no trouble to win vs. Revan when he used Traya lead, even when things started off bad for him. There you have it.
  • Zaxm
    48 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb does these bonuses for Revan’s Leader ability double for dual faction?

“At the start of battle, Jedi and Old Republic allies gain +5 Speed, +5% Crit Chance and +5% Offense for each Jedi and each Old Republic ally.”
    Yes, it applies twice to Old Republic Jedi Sorry for the confusion, this only applies once

To rereclarify: So only once and NOT twice? Thx!

c0pykjk027vg.jpeg
    Ugh, sorry for the back and forth on this one. It applies twice the bonus for Old Republic Jedi once. You'll get +10 or 10% for each Old Republic Jedi

Essentially it gives a 1.1 modifier once instead of a 1.05 modifier twice.

Which is really just semantics since there is only a .0025 difference between the two.

You’re missing an important point: It says “for each”. So you get +10% for Bast, +10% for Jolee, and plus another 5% for any OR or Jedi. You basically max out at +30%.

You get +10/+10% for Revan too so max is at +40/+40%. Good luck trying to outspeed a +40 speed bonus lol.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member

Let's not forget Fracture.
This discussion has been closed.