Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    Just saw ahnalds video. He said he had no trouble to win vs. Revan when he used Traya lead, even when things started off bad for him. There you have it.

He is also notorious for speed loading the team he wants to win... and this is what people where looking for more diversity. Everyone beats everyone and it’s about holding ground on arena. If I slide 10 sports with Treya but 5 with Revan that is a big deal. He is also going maxed vs maxed most do not have a 7* gear 12+ Treya in their lineup either.

I like that it’s a Jedi meta team another Light side team for TB and as always interested to see if he breaks anything in HSTR and run up a few more slots until others grab him next go around.
  • Klocko wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone thinks this is mega OP...!? I think isolate and annihilate can easily shut a Revan lead down on offense. But we shall see tomorrow. 😊

Let's not forget Fracture.

Exactly. I hope the videos of the game changers come soon, but as I said in my previous comment: Ahnald even said on his GIF review video that he had no trouble beating Revan on offense with Traya/Thrawn/DN. For me this has come down to whether one can beat Traya easily on offense with Revan. Cause then EP is officially retired.

• Nihion wrote: »
    I feel like the “immune to stun and ability block” thing is not very creative. If you give this to all the good toons, Chewie, Revan, etc., then it’s not even fun anymore. It is a really great thing to have, but it’s gonna make things real boring in the long run.

If every new legendary has this then what is the point of having stuns?
  • His kit is ridiculously overpowered and will be instantly meta-defining. For a character of this status, it is not surprised. However, he is locked behind a strict paywall and will only be unlocked by people who paid. Some game changers have suggested a 2 week extension, which would certainly work. It would also be good (in order to quell the community uproar) to have a double or triple shard drop event from now until the end of the event, along with an acknowledgement that the F2Ps and small spenders are getting screwed over. CG, please respond to all the comments. We need some level of transparency. Some message should have been released alongside his kit reveal, and there needs to be action, quickly.

1st-Needs to be action "quickly"???? I mean REALLY???? Who do you think you are....smh..
    2nd-If you are even a mediocre SW fan you would know the minute you read the title to Bastilla Jolee and the other events (e.g. "Heroes of {{LEGEND}}) and seen that they were numbered. Given that Shan and Jolee are KoTR(and they were in the same game together....yeah....why were you not farming these toons the second they dropped like me??), of course the greatest Jedi Knight from that era, Revan was surely coming!! I mean, HEROES OF LEGEND................What did you think designing a Legend's kit that the developers work for free?? Did you muse that a toon that is a direct counter to another toon that is the hardest in-game content to beat would be a f2p event like Chewie where most have had years to 7* and gear 5 bounty hunters?? It's just outrageous, the outrage some would care to project on the issue. Sorry you didn't have the foresight to see what they were waiving in our face and deduce what toons had been dropped, from what era, from what game and the title of their events!! Kinda sounds like you're trying to grab at straws of desperation looking for someone to blame for your lack of quick-wittedness and missing a HUGE Easter egg when Shan was dropped. Most unfortunate....
  • thedudeguy wrote: »
    "However, he is locked behind a strict paywall"

You can get every single character with free energy. That's not what a paywall is. I'm not gonna defend EA/CG but at least be honest when criticizing them.

Agreed 100%( of my protection and health) This is typical behavior of those looking to fault others for the shortcomings and lack of vision(e.g. missing HUGE Easter eggs when OR toons were dropped and the name of their flippin events....
    {{HEROES OF LEGEND}}
    Can't swing OR toons for them but I'm sure willing to send some cheese out.....
  • Vader lead as counter. That's the opposite affect of what Revans leader negates. Palp out, Vader in.
  • Looking forward to get this next time, so i can then go whale hunting haha
  • Reduced to 1% health is very specific. What if they are at 25% and hit with culling blade, execute etc? Or is that intended to be for Sith Raid? Surely if it worked when they were killed at anything above 1% health it should just be 'defeated'?
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    That there is one completely bonkers kit.

Seriously, if it wasn't for those some of those synergy requirements, this would be ... ugly. He's really, really good. Not absolutely invulnerable, but he's definitely going to make the Jedi a force to be reckoned with.

Of course, this all only means that eventually we'll get Sith Lord Revan, when this will all happen all over again.
  • I am happy to now be able to target 2 main teams instead of just one.
    Dark Side: Emperor, Traya, Vader, Sion and Nihilus;
    Light Side: Revan, Bastilla, Hermit Yoda, Grandmaster Yoda, Bindo.
    They add nice diversity of total attack vs. total defense, sith vs jedi, light vs dark. Even with Bastilla lead, we still had Traya teams way stronger. Now we have equivalent teams on the dark and on the light side, so you are not forced to collect a certain team, you can actually play and tinker the way YOU want and still end up with a good and viable team.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Lol, specifically calling out bonus protection. Why not just admit directly that Nest and Traya are mistakes?
    Anyway, happy to see the "reverse taunt" mark mechanic, hope it will be utilised more. Change to Geo Spy's reinforcement ability maybe? Also, how does it interact with taunt? Found the answer.
  • Incredibly OP and immortal.
    Of course..
  • Is it the "ghost" of Darth Revan on the pedestal? :ounknown.png
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I believe that's the tomb of Exar Kun, so it makes sense for that to be Exar Kun. Jedi Revan and Darth Revan are the same dude.

it's some Sith ghost
  • @HK666 It does make more sens, thanks. ;)
  • Nice kit, looks like a great toon, but still happy I have'nt spent a penny to get him. I will wait, spend the cash on a new console and 3 - 4 games.
  • Ragnorak wrote: »
    Nice kit, looks like a great toon, but still happy I have'nt spent a penny to get him. I will wait, spend the cash on a new console and 3 - 4 games.

Yeah, me too. Ill just pick him up next time.
    It doesnt look unbeatable to me, just a great climber, similar to many current ftp teams.
  • @CG_SBCrumb double drops when event launches please......
    Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • Moroveus wrote: »
    Was hoping he'd make those Old Republic characters useful in some way to justify farming four useless toons.

Where are your Vets ? ..... The more useless are aalways the requiered one .... $$$$$
  • Moroveus wrote: »
    Was hoping he'd make those Old Republic characters useful in some way to justify farming four useless toons.

Read first, then complain. Do not only look at the pictures.
  • Immune to Stun is as much of a gimmick as Bastila giving mountains of protection to overcome wet noodle offense on most Jedi toons. Looks like they basically went through each faction and went "how can we counter one aspect from each" and then designed his kit from there.

When I first read his kit I though "First Order" could power through this team pretty easily but they rely on Kylo/KRU stun for manipulation. Same with other heavy hitting teams. Savior just adds another gimmick where you have to "kill him again".

• W
    T
    F

Holy fudging to non light side.

So sad... So much potential to be a great toon but instead once again LS biase...
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    W
    T
    F

Holy fudging to non light side.

So sad... So much potential to be a great toon but instead once again LS biase...

Huh? He looks to be a great toon, and we knew from his announcement he was Light Side. I fail to discern the point in your post.

So you wanted a great toon (who is light side) but not to show light side bias? Explain how.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    H
    Not sure why everyone thinks this is mega OP...!? I think isolate and annihilate can easily shut a Revan lead down on offense. But we shall see tomorrow. 😊

Can? Probably. But how reliable will it be? I feel like if Revan marks Nihilus right off the bat he’s going to be dead before anyone else on your team even gets a turn. And if either Traya or Nihilus fall early I don’t think the rest of the squad is strong enough to take down the Jedi.

Possibly. But when you play Traya on offense, there is a very good chance Revan will mark someone else. And then perhaps accelerate DN even more (his unique let’s him gain TM)

That’s why I said how reliable will it be. If the AI plays isn’t completely stupid (no guarantee there as we all know) I think the Sith trio is in trouble if either Nihilus or Traya get marked right off the bat. You don’t have to worry about attacking Traya and speeding up Nihilus on the first turn because if you speed him up in front of Sion his first drain force will get mass evaded.

Yeah, if targeting is completely random that’s only 40% of the time. Hopefully a minimum of 50% of the time if the AI is coded not to mark enemies already taunting. I’d like to think it’s coded not to mark tanks at a high priority at all so Sion doesn’t get marked either. But still, even at 40% that’s enough that people are going to avoid you in arena.
  • Immune to stun and ability block!!!???
    This is too much, this is insanity.
  • So basically Revan moves to the meta spot and traya moves down to where CLS rebels and Bastilla Jedi were.

This is the order of things
  • Does raid han's shoot first ability count as bonus tm at the start? Will Regan negate him as a unit.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Does raid han's shoot first ability count as bonus tm at the start? Will Regan negate him as a unit.
    No. Han takes bonus TURN not 100% TM at the start of battle (which is a big difference) and also, the leader ability prevents bonus TM gain from leader abilities not unit abilities (Han's unique)

• thedudeguy wrote: »
    "However, he is locked behind a strict paywall"

You can get every single character with free energy. That's not what a paywall is. I'm not gonna defend EA/CG but at least be honest when criticizing them.

Agreed 100%( of my protection and health) This is typical behavior of those looking to fault others for the shortcomings and lack of vision(e.g. missing HUGE Easter eggs when OR toons were dropped and the name of their flippin events....
    {{HEROES OF LEGEND}}
    Can't swing OR toons for them but I'm sure willing to send some cheese out.....

WRONG! They need to clearly state what toons are needed and when MONTHS in advance so a player can decide where and when to spend his resources. The devs and people like you (mindlessly supporting them) ate to blame for the horrible state this game is in.

Where r the double drops? Why not put these OR as the monthly? Greed, greed, greed!
  • Well now i'm real sad I won't be able to get him for a very long time.
This discussion has been closed.