Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Revan

Replies

• DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Does raid han's shoot first ability count as bonus tm at the start? Will Regan negate him as a unit.

That's a really good question... at first I thought, yeah since his ability gives him 100% TM, but no, it wont since that tm comes from a unique and not a leader ability

• DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    deleted

• Ultra wrote: »
    Does raid han's shoot first ability count as bonus tm at the start? Will Regan negate him as a unit.
    No. Han takes bonus TURN not 100% TM at the start of battle (which is a big difference) and also, the leader ability prevents bonus TM gain from leader abilities not unit abilities (Han's unique)

Actually he gets 100% tm at start...if everyone got full tm you will notice this type of behaviour. If your rhan is faster than the other (i.e. reached 100% before you) he will get the turn in exchange.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Is it the "ghost" of Darth Revan on the pedestal? :ounknown.png

Looks exactly like a Marauder without sabers on. Can't see the face to be 100% certain but everything else matches.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Does marked supercede taunt?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Does marked supercede taunt?
    @PNutButterCookie
    Revan ignores taunt, so he is able to Mark anyone. That target can now be selected by other allies just like when there are two taunting enemies. So you can avoid Sion's pain taunt for example and Mark Traya, or Nihilus and focus them down instead.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    No. Han takes bonus TURN not 100% TM at the start of battle (which is a big difference) and also, the leader ability prevents bonus TM gain from leader abilities not unit abilities (Han's unique)

Actually he gets 100% tm at start...if everyone got full tm you will notice this type of behaviour. If your rhan is faster than the other (i.e. reached 100% before you) he will get the turn in exchange.

Yeah, but Revan's description specifies leader abilities, so this point is moot.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @PNutButterCookie
    Revan ignores taunt, so he is able to Mark anyone. That target can now be selected by other allies just like when there are two taunting enemies. So you can avoid Sion's pain taunt for example and Mark Traya, or Nihilus and focus them down instead.

I don’t think that’s the question. I think the question is if there is a taunting enemy and a marked enemy can you attack the taunting enemy still. And if you can, will the AI prioritize the marked target over the taunting target. It clearly should, but we are talking about the same programming that will attack a zombie with 0 speed, so...yeah.

If a marked target is prioritized this is going to be HUGE. Not only will it change the tank game completely, it will help the defense focus fire, meaning the AI could play this better on defense than anything we’ve seen before.

If they don’t prioritize marked targets then marked could actually be a bad thing on defense. In many situations the last thing we want is our defense spreading out attacks between marked targets and tanks. Alternating attacks between Sion, Sith Trooper, and Nihilus for example will never kill anyone until the end of time.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @PNutButterCookie

I don’t think that’s the question. I think the question is if there is a taunting enemy and a marked enemy can you attack the taunting enemy still. And if you can, will the AI prioritize the marked target over the taunting target. It clearly should, but we are talking about the same programming that will attack a zombie with 0 speed, so...yeah.

If a marked target is prioritized this is going to be HUGE. Not only will it change the tank game completely, it will help the defense focus fire, meaning the AI could play this better on defense than anything we’ve seen before.

If they don’t prioritize marked targets then marked could actually be a bad thing on defense. In many situations the last thing we want is our defense spreading out attacks between marked targets and tanks. Alternating attacks between Sion, Sith Trooper, and Nihilus for example will never kill anyone until the end of time.

It was answered earlier on. You can attack either the marked character or the character taunting.
  • Monel wrote: »
    It was answered earlier on. You can attack either the marked character or the character taunting.
    Yep this. Its no different than if there are several people taunting at once.
    @PNutButterCookie

Ok, thanks, but that still doesn’t answer the more important question. Which one will the AI attack? Common sense says it should be coded to attack the marked target, because that’s the entire point of marked. But will that happen? If it doesn’t, Revan isn’t going to be any better on defense than Traya.
  • When activating his special leader ability, to call an ally to assist... who can't be countered between the active turn Jedi and the target ally Jedi? Essentially how does this buff play with when it registers it is gained by one toon, lost by another, and able to be countered by say a CLS lead?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Hey Devs, I got a quick question. It has already been said that Annihilate will still kill opponents without Savior being triggered, but how about Boba's Execute and Death Troopers Death Mark? Do they prevent revives from Savior or does Savior override them?
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Hey Devs, I got a quick question. It has already been said that Annihilate will still kill opponents without Savior being triggered, but how about Boba's Execute and Death Troopers Death Mark? Do they prevent revives from Savior or does Savior override them?

Annihilate doesn’t deal damage so it bypasses Savior. Execute does deal damage, same with Terminate and the death mark debuff so they don’t bypass and the character will heal. From what I understand, the character will stop taking damage from those abilities at 1% health, and then recover 100% health and protection. They can revive since they never even die.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »

Annihilate doesn’t deal damage so it bypasses Savior. Execute does deal damage, same with Terminate and the death mark debuff so they don’t bypass and the character will heal. From what I understand, the character will stop taking damage from those abilities at 1% health, and then recover 100% health and protection. They can revive since they never even die.

This is all how I understand it and one of the better explanations I’ve heard.

DN is the only counter to this.... execute, deathmark and Isolate all require damage being done so they will heal before dying. This is why it’s not just a “revive” trait and the 1% is important.
  • I've read a bit and haven't noticed anything. Please correct me if I'm missing something obvious..

I was intrigued by this little caveat in his leader ability: "While Revan is in the leader slot and not the ally slot, units are immune to bonus Turn Meter effects from leader abilities until the start of the first turn of battle"

This is wording that started coming up with Bounty Hunters, because their leader abilities conflicted with one another. Very intriguing. I know that you can use ally's in the challenges and PVE nodes, but neither seem like it would be an issue considering if you're unlocking Revan you are already close to endgame farms anyway.

I wonder if Jedi Luke (or some other new character) will have a leader ability that is something that gives each ally the benefit of their own leader ability, as if it were a unique for them instead - some inspirational leadership or something or other clever name. Wouldn't be ridiculously OP, but would make it awesome for coming up with very unique teams to build around it.
  • Edison wrote: »
    I've read a bit and haven't noticed anything. Please correct me if I'm missing something obvious..

I was intrigued by this little caveat in his leader ability: "While Revan is in the leader slot and not the ally slot, units are immune to bonus Turn Meter effects from leader abilities until the start of the first turn of battle"

This is wording that started coming up with Bounty Hunters, because their leader abilities conflicted with one another. Very intriguing. I know that you can use ally's in the challenges and PVE nodes, but neither seem like it would be an issue considering if you're unlocking Revan you are already close to endgame farms anyway.

I wonder if Jedi Luke (or some other new character) will have a leader ability that is something that gives each ally the benefit of their own leader ability, as if it were a unique for them instead - some inspirational leadership or something or other clever name. Wouldn't be ridiculously OP, but would make it awesome for coming up with very unique teams to build around it.

Someone with Revan is close to end-game farms, yes. But someone who is borrowing a Revan to complete LS 9 Hard nodes isn't necessarily there. This is to say that you can't benefit from that part of the Leader ability if he isn't YOUR leader.
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    Someone with Revan is close to end-game farms, yes. But someone who is borrowing a Revan to complete LS 9 Hard nodes isn't necessarily there. This is to say that you can't benefit from that part of the Leader ability if he isn't YOUR leader.

That's a good point - just seems like thought going into something that, really, probably doesn't make that much of a difference. How much does that really affect the outcome of a PVE battle that you can borrow for?

• His kit is ridiculously overpowered and will be instantly meta-defining. For a character of this status, it is not surprised. However, he is locked behind a strict paywall and will only be unlocked by people who paid. Some game changers have suggested a 2 week extension, which would certainly work. It would also be good (in order to quell the community uproar) to have a double or triple shard drop event from now until the end of the event, along with an acknowledgement that the F2Ps and small spenders are getting screwed over. CG, please respond to all the comments. We need some level of transparency. Some message should have been released alongside his kit reveal, and there needs to be action, quickly.

paywall not that big if you allocated correctly

• soktvpntvzto.jpg
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • HAHAHAHAHA - this is the most ridiculously OP kit I've ever seen. Absolutely game breaking.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    @PNutButterCookie

Ok, thanks, but that still doesn’t answer the more important question. Which one will the AI attack? Common sense says it should be coded to attack the marked target, because that’s the entire point of marked. But will that happen? If it doesn’t, Revan isn’t going to be any better on defense than Traya.

AI will be random, same as if two characters both have taunt up. Like Sion and Sith Trooper. AI is dumb and doesnt know when to use certain attacks or whom to use them on.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Is it the "ghost" of Darth Revan on the pedestal? :ounknown.png

No that's a Sith Maruader
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Looks like a suitably powerful hero to justify the crazy first-time farm requirements.

Now I'm curious as to which non-Revan heroes will be nerfed, er, have their kits adjusted, when the inevitable "can solo HSTR phase X with Revan lead!" video comes out.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
    Monel wrote: »
    @PNutButterCookie

AI will be random, same as if two characters both have taunt up. Like Sion and Sith Trooper. AI is dumb and doesnt know when to use certain attacks or whom to use them on.

But the AI isn’t always random, and can be coded otherwise. Bastila will always grant her buffs to the ally with the lowest health. Traya will always isolate the enemy with the highest health. There are certain priorities that are frequently programmed into the game. Programming allies to prioritize marked over taunt should happen. It’s essential. But yes, they frequently don’t code obvious things like that into the game.
  • So as we all talk about this kit, what teams will be able to wreak this team? If there are some?

I heard Vader lead possibly. What else?
  • Grausherra
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    And I just wanted to say, what the heck? Did you consider saving a few words for the rest of the class? I mean seriously, did you hire Hideo Kojima to write the ability description? When Bill Gates said 640K (RAM) is enough for anyone he must not have envisioned trying to store Revan's kit in memory. When it is time for Jedi Luke's kit or Ep9 Jedi Rey's kit are you just going to dump an entire thesaurus into the leader skill and hope no one bothers to read it? I'd quote you guys Occum's Razor but honestly I'm afraid you'd steal it and tack it onto the end of Revan's unique just to pad the word count.
    Post edited by Kyno on
This discussion has been closed.