Possible counters to Revan

Prev1
Now that we have seen his kit, what are the theoretical counters to Revan lead with GK/HY/GMY and Ezra/Bastila/Jolee

Can traya still win? NS? All out attack with Rebels?

Replies

• I’m pretty sure there will be something and quick lol
  • Tusken rework incoming.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Han won't be able to stun him, and even a quick kill only makes him go anyway allowing the other side to take the advantage.
    First turn debuffs won't work, so fast quick vaders are countered completely.

He counters just so much, that really will have to wait and see what people come up with after his release.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Thrawn. And depending if "Marked" overtakes taunt then Sion .
  • traya is my guess..
  • jejuzang wrote: »

Marked is equal to taunt. You will be able to target either the marked toon or the taunt.

Marked is equal to taunt. You will be able to target either the marked toon or the taunt.

But can it be dispelled?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    RJT BB8 IPD R-2 either Thrawn Enfys or Traya.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Traya can win on offense

especially since AI tends to call Thrawn's leader ability the same can be expected from Revan lead (bad if you are isolated)

Isolate and Fracture really neuters two toons and annhilate can take care of the third

The sith triumvirate is literally Overpowered in every sense of the word

I guess it depends on how hard Revan hits (the problem with Bastilla lead is Yoda or Ezra being fractured).
  • For writing a 2 page novel he isn’t that scary.
  • Boba will probably be pretty good against him, since GMY won’t have all that extra protection he gets under bastila. And theoretically at least, his healing immunity should prevent that character from being restored by savior (though we’ll have to see how it actually shakes out). Sidious may also be good, for the evasion/healing immunity on his basic. Zylo can probably be effective as well against all the assists.
    A few teams that may be interesting to try:
    Zaul (L)
    Zylo
    Triumvirate

JTR
    BB8
    R2
    IG-88 or Boba
    Nest

JTR
    BB8
    R2
    Zolo
    Chewie

I actually use that last one in the arena. Don’t underestimate the assist power of a guarded BB8 with 270+ speed! Also, if you drop smokescreen on BB8 he’s very survivable with his crit immunity and passive foresight.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    darth luke
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I think Thrawn or Traya will be essential, since Revan can ignore taunt, he can mark every toon and then make every ally attack him. You will need to fracture or Isolate him asap.

I think Traya teams stand a chance. Annihilate Revan and go your way.
  • It will all come down to how the AI handles Revan on defense.

A speedy Triumberate with thrawn and Nest will still own Jedi.

Sion fastest
    Clense GK TAUNT
    Thrawn fracture revan

Speed kills. Best mods win
  • Snoke.

How do you figure? My impression was that it worked the same as the debuff the Gamorrean Guards put on you in P1 of the Rancor Raid
  • Savior won't trigger on an Anihilate, and I'm not sure it'll tigger when the toon is isolated (it's an out of turn bonus like Sion's Hatred)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Can talk about counters all day long, but really we will only find out when actual players get ahold of him before we see how broken he really is. Game changers as you know are bad examples for characters, players have to use them.

If they play right on defence, Revan will never lose on defence.
  • Ns, jtr, cls, traya, anything with Thrawn, still seem capable of beating JR on offense.

I cant figure out any team that will hold against a manual JR attack on defense tho. So, like if youre playing JR, you can climb to the very top, but you will also drop overnight, similarly to current Traya teams.
  • The AI will ruin it on defense as it does all the time
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »

But can it be dispelled?
    looks like it

Marked isn’t that impressive if it’s a 3 turn CD ability that can be dispelled against Traya teams

How do you figure? My impression was that it worked the same as the debuff the Gamorrean Guards put on you in P1 of the Rancor Raid

Yes. Which is similar to taunt.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

But can it be dispelled?

Nope. Marked can't be dispelled. From the kit reveal: "Final Text: (ZETA) Inflict Buff Immunity and Marked on target enemy for 2 turns (these effects can't be Resisted, Copied or Dispelled)".

You are talking about deathmark. Also, you are wrong. “Marked is when you inflict taunt as a debuf”
    Its like geo spy’s renforcement ability, except revan ignores taunts
  • Zinn
    Poe
    RT
    BB-8
    IPD
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Zinn
    Poe
    RT
    BB-8
    IPD

Doesnt work apparently as Zfinn is similar to Vader under Zimp. No extra TM till every character took its natural first turn (or more or less dazed like characters from start)

You are talking about deathmark. Also, you are wrong. “Marked is when you inflict taunt as a debuf”
    Its like geo spy’s renforcement ability, except revan ignores taunts

From above comments it doesn't seem like it prioritizes marked over taunt and its possible to choose which toon you want to target.
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Zinn
    Poe
    RT
    BB-8
    IPD

Doesnt work apparently as Zfinn is similar to Vader under Zimp. No extra TM till every character took its natural first turn (or more or less dazed like characters from start)

But the BB-8 tm will give your team a head start. It’s built into the unique.

Don’t doubt Zinn ever winning on offense. There hasn’t been a meta he couldn’t beat yet.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Zinn
    Poe
    RT
    BB-8
    IPD

But the BB-8 tm will give your team a head start. It’s built into the unique.

Don’t doubt Zinn ever winning on offense. There hasn’t been a meta he couldn’t beat yet.

No headstart with Revan - all characters are kind of dazed and will not receive any tm except their natural speed for the first round.
  • I'm starting to wonder if people actually read and understand the kit before they start posting about it.