Content Update 10/17/2018 [MEGA]

Prev13
Pyrefly
1254 posts Member
<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes!
Here is all the new content you’ll find after today’s update,10/17/18.

The legendary Jedi Knight Revan has joined the Holotables! This warrior of legend is an extremely powerful Jedi leader and tactician who controls the battlefield with a wide mix of powerful abilities. Revan was rumored to have been very influential in shaping the history of the Jedi Order, and was part of many pivotal battles to stop the growing threat of the Sith.

This update also introduces the B-28 Extinction-class Bomber! This tactical bomber is capable of launching vast amounts of ordnance in order to wreak havoc and sow terror into the minds of the Sith’s enemies. The B-28 was used by the Sith Empire in the Great Galactic War and is most well known for laying waste to the Republic capital, Coruscant.

NEW CHARACTERS

For more info on these units, check out the kit reveals and strategy guides below:

CHANGES

EVENTS
Ancient Journey: Legend of the Old Republic
Gather the light side allies of Revan and battle through the legend of this Jedi’s return to the Light.
  • Event begins: October 18th
  • Force Ally: Jedi Knight Revan
  • Requirements: Bastilia Shan, Jolee Bindo, Mission Vao, Zaalbar, T3-M4

Out Of The Black II
Deploy your fleet and join forces with the B-28 Extinction-class Bomber!
  • Event begins: October 25th
  • Level requirements for event: 60+
  • Force Ally: B-28 Extinction-class Bomber

SHARD SHUFFLE
These characters are now farmable in the following locations:
Embo
  • Dark Side Hard 8-C
  • This character will replace Ewok Elder. Ewok Elder will continue to be farmable in Light Side Battles Hard 2-C.

PACKS AND BUNDLES
Ability Materials Mega-Pack
The Ability Materials Mega-Pack is back in the Store for a VERY limited time! This pack will grant at least 9 Omegas and 20 Mk III Ability Materials - and may grant up to 25 Omegas and 50 Mk III Ability Materials! Limit 1 purchase per day.
Date available: October 17th
1699 Crystals
Minimum Level requirements: 70+
Maximum # purchases: 1 per Day

Out Of The Black II Bundle
Purchase this bundle and receive 30 blueprints of the B-28 Extinction-class Bomber and 25 shards of Sith Marauder!

This bundle includes Ship Building Materials, Credits, Enhancement Droids, Training Droids, Ability Materials, Reinforcement Materials and gear to immediately power up the B-28 Bomber and Sith Marauder to: Character level 40, Gear tier 5 and Ship level 40.

Bundle Includes:
  • B-28 Extinction-class Bomber (x30)
  • Sith Marauder (x25)
  • Credits
  • Ship Building Materials
  • Enhancement Droids
  • XP Training Droids
  • Reinforcement Materials
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date available: October 25th
Minimum Level requirements: 60+
Maximum # purchases: 1

Out of The Black Pack
Power up the B-28 Extinction-class Bomber with this brand new pack!
Each pack guarantees at least 5 blueprints for the B-28 Bomber and may drop up to 330 BLUEPRINTS! In addition, each pack drops Ability Materials of each kind and Reinforcement Materials.
Date available: October 25th
1299 Crystals
Minimum Level requirements: 60+

FIXES
Known Issues can be found here
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue with T3-M4's Defense Penetration buff implementation that was causing T3 to gain more Defense Penetration than intended from incoming Defense Penetration buffs
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue where the Grand Master Yoda would grant Offense Up to his allies if he has Pain effect from the Sith Raid.
  • EVENT - Fixed a bug causing a bad preview string to appear in Smuggler's Run.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue where Talia's "Water of Life" ability could grant Turn Meter to units that were Immune to Turn Meter gain
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue causing Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)'s Zeta-upgraded Leader ability to only apply Advantage for 1 turn when an ally Resisted a detrimental effect
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug that prevented Jyn Erso from granting Advantage to Dazed allies
  • UNIT- Phantom II's Critical Immunity via "Distraction Tactics" will now correctly prevent critical hits from Geonosian Spy's Starfighter ability "Surprise Shot"
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where First Order Officer would not grant Advantage or Offense Up to allies who could not gain Turn Meter.
  • UNIT - L3-37's "For the Droids" no longer blocks Darth Vader's "Inspire Through Fear" from reapplying Damage over Time effects.
  • QUEST - Fixed an issue where the description and requirements for Protocol Quest - Gear Protocol did not match by changing the requirement to 1.
  • LOCALISATION - Updated the description of Chimaera's "Strategic Dominance" ability to reflect that it does not increase the cooldown of the enemy capital ship's "Call Reinforcement" ability.
  • LOCALISATION - Updated the French text for Lando Calrissian's Leader ability "Fast and Loose"
  • LOCALISATION - Fixed several typos in the IG-2000 description in Thai language.
  • LOCALISATION - Updated Original Trilogy Chewbacca’s unique Loyal Friend description in Italian
  • LOCALISATION - Fixed IG-2000 descriptions in Italian, German, Japanese
  • LOCALISATION - Updated text color Unlock Gear level in Chinese

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    <reserved>
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Of course Embo is a single hard node. I keep hoping for better and y’all keep squashing my hope.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Lame
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    The change to ally points is the only interesting thing in the update besides the usual stuff. Maybe it will lead to something decent.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    1. No Hounds Tooth yet
    2. Embo is Darkside node huh. So those who are done with Zaalbar are back to no LS node farms
  • I was overcome with a great sadness when I saw Embo's farming location.
  • Entire forums: Stop giving us hard node farms and please add to different shops...

CG: “We hear you guys and will be adding another character to hard nodes AND will be taking away ways to earn ally points without offering anything further with them. See you on the holotables!”
  • And a DS hard node at that.. Yay!! Thanks!!
  • I’m kinda upset about Embo’s farming location, you couldn’t at least give him a fleet node in addition to the hard node like you did with the OR toons. Oh and it’s a dark side node. :'(
    I’m expecting Aurra and Jango to get hard nodes too.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I don't mean to seem jaded or ungrateful... But there was a post in which you had said the rewards in the Revan event were going to be very impressive e (not exact quote, but that sentiment) and based on the listed rewards... They are fairly underwhelming. Just some mid- tier gear salvage.

Is that a change made to the event, or a mistake in the event rewards listed? Or are these rewards considered to be impressive?
  • Thanks, CG for yet another 20 energy single node farm. Can't wait to farm Embo for 6 months after I'm done with the hard node farms to get JKR. You're really looking out for the community.
  • "EVENT - Fixed a bug causing a bad preview string to appear in Smuggler's Run."

The most important part of this update to some of us. My OCD has been going crazy over that thing.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb I don't mean to seem jaded or ungrateful... But there was a post in which you had said the rewards in the Revan event were going to be very impressive e (not exact quote, but that sentiment) and based on the listed rewards... They are fairly underwhelming. Just some mid- tier gear salvage.

Is that a change made to the event, or a mistake in the event rewards listed? Or are these rewards considered to be impressive?

Yeah, I read something along the lines of: one tier awards 15 pieces of all Rancor gear, the next tier awards 15 pieces of AAT gear, then zetas and omegas.

Also, no achievements for Revan's event?
  • Embo 8-C darkside srsly??? Also, why no double drops???
  • Is that a change made to the event, or a mistake in the event rewards listed? Or are these rewards considered to be impressive?

CG has a different definition of ‘impressive’ than we do. What a surprise.
  • Wondering what type of dictionary CG uses. Promised great rewards as we gather Revan and they are lackluster at best. Who needs this stuff? Probably not the people who just spent to get a high priced character.
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    Will the achievement for revan follow or are there no plans for One?
  • I’m speechless. Basically everthing that is wrong with this update has already been mentioned above. When you are numb you are numb.
  • I’m kinda upset about Embo’s farming location, you couldn’t at least give him a fleet node in addition to the hard node like you did with the OR toons. Oh and it’s a dark side node. :'(

DS hard nodes.. right?
  • Your guy's greed is getting reallllllllly bad. Please take marvel strike force as an example of what happens when greed takes over.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    BinBetter wrote: »
    I’m speechless. Basically everthing that is wrong with this update has already been mentioned above. When you are numb you are numb.

But we can't feel you there?

Curious how the Ally Points will turn out eventually.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    for a powerful rework of the general grievous we to wait have more time...

but the time will come!

DS hard nodes.. right?

Guarantee that Jango is going to be a DS 20 energy single node farm.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    BinBetter wrote: »
    I’m speechless. Basically everthing that is wrong with this update has already been mentioned above. When you are numb you are numb.

But we can't feel you there?

Curious how the Ally Points will turn out eventually.

Thinking I should just hold all my Ally Points instead of burning them on Bronziums at this point?
  • @CG_SBCrumb I don't mean to seem jaded or ungrateful... But there was a post in which you had said the rewards in the Revan event were going to be very impressive e (not exact quote, but that sentiment) and based on the listed rewards... They are fairly underwhelming. Just some mid- tier gear salvage.

There is a bug in the client causing it to only show the rewards for the first tier of the event. There's a lot more then what you see during the preview phase.
  • @Roguetechna and anyone else wondering about rewards, just read this over at reddit. No need to panic about rubbish rewards yet:
    q9k24n5nf5wc.png
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I don't mean to seem jaded or ungrateful... But there was a post in which you had said the rewards in the Revan event were going to be very impressive e (not exact quote, but that sentiment) and based on the listed rewards... They are fairly underwhelming. Just some mid- tier gear salvage.

There is a bug in the client causing it to only show the rewards for the first tier of the event. There's a lot more then what you see during the preview phase.

Whew! Thanks for the update on the!
  • nothing about missing TB rewards???