Ally point changes

124Next

Replies

• I used to spend my Ally points down to 0 every day. Then I started saving them up and opening every few days maybe once a week. I did one 100k opening a copule times and they took forever. Then I started saving them and the weekly shop came around. I have bought one thing using them each week and have stayed pretty even or close to it. I thought that was the solution. Now, with all the talk of re-evaluating it, I don't really know how I should handle them.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    But haven't those people got the benefit they saw from spending them?

No, because the benefit of spending them was really bad.

I've got enough Mk1 weapon mods to last six accounts lifetimes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    I just dont understand how they think adding a multi pull to Bronziums is going to hurt the economy. On one hand you have people who spend their ally points as they acrue it, be it daily or weekly, so they've already got their gears, shard, whatever. Then you have others who have banked ally points and (if implemented) can pull 20 bronziums at once, still getting the same types of gear, shards whatever like person A did, just all at once. So they get the same stuff, just once a month instead of once a day/ week etc. How does that hurt the economy? Its not like the gears in there are that great that they are going to imbalance the game.
    Heck, i'd bet if there was a way to multi pull bronziums, people might actually spend ally points more frequently instead of hoarding them.

The millions they gave out and increased income was meant to be balanced by tournaments. The bronzium pack was never meant to be run that many times. All that in mind means that you would pull a bunch of shard shop currency and other gear in greater amounts in a short time. This game is all about pacing and that is how the economy is balanced. Being that its random, it may also not be "predictable" enough at those numbers to knqo the full ramifications.

Nnnno, not really... I mean, yeah, but it would literally be a one-time problem. People would have thousands of shard shop currency for a couple days, then it would be gone and they'd be buying ~10 bronzium packs a day, which is what I was doing before the weekly store was added (Which, incidentally, was also kind of a **** move to do unannounced because it takes more than a week to get 50k ally points, so I missed the first week's entirely because--again--I was using ally points in their intended manner before the change).

The optimal way for them to have done this is to have added a multi-pull, then a couple weeks later expand the offerings in the weekly store.
    I just dont understand how they think adding a multi pull to Bronziums is going to hurt the economy. On one hand you have people who spend their ally points as they acrue it, be it daily or weekly, so they've already got their gears, shard, whatever. Then you have others who have banked ally points and (if implemented) can pull 20 bronziums at once, still getting the same types of gear, shards whatever like person A did, just all at once. So they get the same stuff, just once a month instead of once a day/ week etc. How does that hurt the economy? Its not like the gears in there are that great that they are going to imbalance the game.
    Heck, i'd bet if there was a way to multi pull bronziums, people might actually spend ally points more frequently instead of hoarding them.

The millions they gave out and increased income was meant to be balanced by tournaments. The bronzium pack was never meant to be run that many times. All that in mind means that you would pull a bunch of shard shop currency and other gear in greater amounts in a short time. This game is all about pacing and that is how the economy is balanced. Being that its random, it may also not be "predictable" enough at those numbers to knqo the full ramifications.

But pulling 12 nodes for GW at one time proves that it is predictable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

That's my point, then why go through the effort to spend them if you dont see any value in doing so.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

1 daily run of GW, vs 1.6M worth of bronzium is a huge difference.

Also when these things are setup there are statistical outliers, and running something like this at 1M+ x X number of players can lead to a larger than desired number of outliers. They will always air on the side of caution.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Nnnno, not really... I mean, yeah, but it would literally be a one-time problem. People would have thousands of shard shop currency for a couple days, then it would be gone and they'd be buying ~10 bronzium packs a day, which is what I was doing before the weekly store was added (Which, incidentally, was also kind of a **** move to do unannounced because it takes more than a week to get 50k ally points, so I missed the first week's entirely because--again--I was using ally points in their intended manner before the change).

The optimal way for them to have done this is to have added a multi-pull, then a couple weeks later expand the offerings in the weekly store.

Again, the multi pull has its issues, they wont do it. So no that's not optimal, that would cause issues as they stated.
  • I decided to spend my 340k ally points on bronziums and I am glad I did...I was lucky and got 50 shards of a toon i was farming and it really helped. I am glad I spent them this way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I decided to spend my 340k ally points on bronziums and I am glad I did...I was lucky and got 50 shards of a toon i was farming and it really helped. I am glad I spent them this way.

After the thrawn farm, I went through and burned a whole bunch, over 1M, in preparation and then they pulled toons from the shard shop. I was still glad I did, but it took a while and I can keep up with my needed gear through GW and Arena stores, so I stopped burning it.

It's not a bad thing to do, I'm sure many do.

Also when these things are setup there are statistical outliers, and running something like this at 1M+ x X number of players can lead to a larger than desired number of outliers. They will always air on the side of caution.

But who said anything about pulling 1 mil worth of ally points at one go? 5x250, 10x250 or 20x250 would ease the time requirement of using ally points for bronzium packs and what is the difference to the economy of turning in 10x vs sitting there individually buying packs? The main argument now is multi sim would ruin the economy. Please enlighten us as to what the difference of turning in 10 per buy vs 1 per buy. At the end of the day, the only thing it saves is player time. A dedicated player who truly wants to spend a million ally points will "upset" the economy the same as if they were able to pull 10 at once. The difference? The amount of time spent.

That's my point, then why go through the effort to spend them if you dont see any value in doing so.

Because there was nothing else to spend them on. There was no indication that they would add anything else to spend them on. So why hoard them?

Look, think of it in another context. They've told us that they won't add any more characters or ships to the galactic war store because they want us, after a certain point, to use those tokens for shard shop currency, right? They saw that people had Smaug-like hoards of galactic war tokens and wanted people to spend them, so they told us straight up what the deal was. Now we've all spent them and every day when we get 1200 more we spend them so they don't accumulate. Now imagine if tomorrow they add a new character to that store and announced their intention to add more ways of spending those tokens. That'd be a pretty bullroar thing to do, right? Everyone who acted the way they told us to act--spend them because there's nothing else to do with them--would be effectively punished.

It's the same with ally tokens. We were told that they had no use other than this one thing, bronzium packs, so just spend them. Spending 400k+ was a real chore, but once you were at 0 it was easy to spend down to 0 at the end of every night. We did a grind and got a tiny little edge out of it because, every once in a while, we would get ONE shard, and every once in a GREAT while we'd get 10 or more. Then last month they add a new way to spend them, which is great, except we're locked out of the first week because we've been following their instructions up to that point, and in subsequent weeks we have to ask "Is it worth spending 60k for these reinforcement mats? If I buy these, I won't be able to afford what's in there next week..." while the folks who were perpetuating the problem of too many tokens are just out there buying whatever shows up. Now we're told there are other ways to spend them coming down the pipeline, and that's just going to impact us even more.

I'm not saying that the game is ruined. I'm not saying that CG or EA are out to screw anyone. I'm not making hyperbolic claims. All I'm saying is that I'm frustrated that the solution to this problem is to short change the people who weren't part of the problem.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

But who said anything about pulling 1 mil worth of ally points at one go? 5x250, 10x250 or 20x250 would ease the time requirement of using ally points for bronzium packs and what is the difference to the economy of turning in 10x vs sitting there individually buying packs? The main argument now is multi sim would ruin the economy. Please enlighten us as to what the difference of turning in 10 per buy vs 1 per buy. At the end of the day, the only thing it saves is player time. A dedicated player who truly wants to spend a million ally points will "upset" the economy the same as if they were able to pull 10 at once. The difference? The amount of time spent.

The difference is it is 10x easier to burn 1M.

Correct any player could do it. That's not saying that many will, but make it 10x easier and a larger portion will. That's where the issue they are trying to avoid arises, what is the threshold, I have no idea. The main point is that in this economic balance is that bronzium pulls were not designed to be done that way for everyone to do, not to say they couldn't, but we all know not everyone was trying to burn those coins after waiting a few months when tournaments were pulled.

Correct any player could do it. That's not saying that many will, but make it 10x easier and a larger portion will. That's where the issue they are trying to avoid arises, what is the threshold, I have no idea. The main point is that in this economic balance is that bronzium pulls were not designed to be done that way for everyone to do, not to say they couldn't, but we all know not everyone was trying to burn those coins after waiting a few months when tournaments were pulled.

It would be a small bump in the road. But the present course, I would think, would be more troublesome. It isn't our fault, as players, that the issue wasn't addressed when it should've been. That was when tournaments were dissolved.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It would be a small bump in the road. But the present course, I would think, would be more troublesome. It isn't our fault, as players, that the issue wasn't addressed when it should've been. That was when tournaments were dissolved.

Agree, they should have dealt with it then, but tournaments going away wasnt planned and I'm sure they didnt want to cram something into the scheuldule to give us something to spend them on. The also said they dont like to take things away from the players, but in this case they are, but it's a small % and in the end would be a wash anyway.
  • So what i got is this: removing ally point rewards from challenges is not an issue, but making TAC challenge useful is unheard of to this day.

Speaking about reducing ally currency sources yet planning to provide more value out of them via other places? Sounds like a nice scam disguised as an improvement.

Just leave the sources be as is for now, and introduce where we can spend the currency.

Ally points were a great system until the devs capped off sale of droids and useless gear. Go back to that, and there wont be reasons to change the currency itself. The economy was porly planned as shown by GW store, Cantina tokens. Its the same reason ally currency is capped. Its getting to a bad point. Soon the credits will take a hit because "certain players" have an over-abundance and rest will suffer because devs want to hold the economy in check. The method of economy itself and not updating stores in timely manners are the issues.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    The majority of the playerbase does not have millions saved up we need it to buy gear in the shard shop...

This is catering to mega whales who will probably be able to buy 20 full zetas or something with their millions now... oh and the few F2P just too lazy to click the button who will post "I'm F2P your an **** I get by great without bronzium pulls" good for you :) More a lot more Don't

Awesome being punished for trying to gear your characters..while the people with "millions" just buy their gear anyway....this is ridiculous for the people trying to get 250 shard shop credits a day now get less..

Oh but the people who just buy gear, buy toons, have 0 need for shard shop get the mega reward...They spend right THEY DESERVE IT..... (Which is fine btw..but removing abilty to earn ally points in certain places ONLY SCREWS all the little guys) awesome

The majority of players just struggling to get by get spit on again.

You seem to have been around a while, so I'm not sure why you think that. They gave out I think it was 1M ally coins when they had tournaments running. Ally points some in everywhere, and they are not easily spent, no matter what your need. I think many people have a great stockpile without too much effort.

Its really about time in game, not how much your spend. Older players have been able to turn everything from the GW and arena table currency into shard shop coins for quite some time, and dont usually rely on the bronzium pulls to make shard shop currency (although the occasional 4* is great).

Maybe you should look at how much your income was reduced, it wasnt much compared to just the value recieved from doing 600 for your guild.

Simple solution.

Make everyone spend all their Ally points give them a reasonable deadline...guys wth millions will get a few stun guns carbantis and a ton of shard shop currency.

Then wipe the slate clean and use a "new" ally point system with the new Ally point rewards.

Everyone Wins

Forcing the community to spend or lose with a deadline is not a solution, it's just a bad idea.

I said a reasonable deadline that could be a month or 2...They even said this "new" stuff would not be for a while

How is 1 or 2 months a reasonable deadline to spend 1m ally points with the current way bronziums are pulled? Dafug?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So what i got is this: removing ally point rewards from challenges is not an issue, but making TAC challenge useful is unheard of to this day.

Speaking about reducing ally currency sources yet planning to provide more value out of them via other places? Sounds like a nice scam disguised as an improvement.

Just leave the sources be as is for now, and introduce where we can spend the currency.

Ally points were a great system until the devs capped off sale of droids and useless gear. Go back to that, and there wont be reasons to change the currency itself. The economy was porly planned as shown by GW store, Cantina tokens. Its the same reason ally currency is capped. Its getting to a bad point. Soon the credits will take a hit because "certain players" have an over-abundance and rest will suffer because devs want to hold the economy in check. The method of economy itself and not updating stores in timely manners are the issues.

At the end of the day, if they leave the currency in those locations we would just end up with a more expensive item, when they "add something of value". Its a wash, they will pace the economy as they see it either way. So it's a wash.

What currency is capped? I believe the only thing capped is energy and that's only for generation of free energy, you can still collect the daily.

There is already an economy for coins. There is no economy for ally points, at least not a reasonable one, which is why we are doing this.

The sale of gear and droids was nice, but was in no way a good system, the trade value was junk. That was also gone before they increased the income for tournaments which is how we got into the current situation.
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    By capped i implied it was close to useless, dead, redundant (in terms of ally points, at least for those who have 4-5mil gp. As for capped in regards of sale of droids and gear - shut off, discontinued.)

Personally at 2.6 mil gp, the ally points are well spent when i try to pull shards from bronzium. Surely would not mind selling 2k useless gear even for 500 credits a piece. Its no use crying over spilled milk, so...

Im just concerned that the reform to ally points will implement elements of the goal post movement. Its great to us seasoned players, i just feel for the thousands of other players as well.

Would be very nice if we could get some sort of shop for shards of characters that are more or less out of date and irrelevant besides collections and GP. It would free up nodes for future characters, and the ally points could still serve in relation to shard shop. This would also help newer players get better footing in the begining, and draw them into the game.
    For example : Kit Fisto, Gamorrean Guard, Aayla, Magna Guard, Urrorr, Ima Gun Di, Lobot, the characters we all still need for platoons, yet dont want to spend guild currency or energy farming from energy nodes. It could bring the positivity the community needs, and not put any stress on revenue. Say 2k a shard, 10k for 5.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    By capped i implied it was close to useless, dead, redundant (in terms of ally points, at least for those who have 4-5mil gp. As for capped in regards of sale of droids and gear - shut off, discontinued.)

Personally at 2.6 mil gp, the ally points are well spent when i try to pull shards from bronzium. Surely would not mind selling 2k useless gear even for 500 credits a piece. Its no use crying over spilled milk, so...

Im just concerned that the reform to ally points will implement elements of the goal post movement. Its great to us seasoned players, i just feel for the thousands of other players as well.

Would be very nice if we could get some sort of shop for shards of characters that are more or less out of date and irrelevant besides collections and GP. It would free up nodes for future characters, and the ally points could still serve in relation to shard shop. This would also help newer players get better footing in the begining, and draw them into the game.
    For example : Kit Fisto, Gamorrean Guard, Aayla, Magna Guard, Urrorr, Ima Gun Di, Lobot, the characters we all still need for platoons, yet dont want to spend guild currency or energy farming from energy nodes. It could bring the positivity the community needs, and not put any stress on revenue. Say 2k a shard, 10k for 5.

The prices originally for the gear we have thousands of was no where near that good. So bringing that back isnt that great.

I agree that ally coins are useless, which is why they hit a tipping point of no one using them and stock piling them and now we are here where they need to bring down those piles before they can do anything worth anything at a reasonable price.

They have done nothing like "goal post movement" with any currency. Prices are basically fixed and if anything they go down. Even the newest store has everything costing "more" but still the same ratio of currency to item if it is sold anywhere else.

What you are describing is the mid level game, sure it could be different, but GP is used places and is used to help your guild do better in guild events. This also helps players down the road with new ships, reworks, and new metas.

The game is about resource management and if players want to choose not to farm something and farm something else that's their choice and it may work out in the end or end up putting them behind, we dont know.
  • You really want to make an update to provide greater value to ally points? UPDATE THE BRONZIUM CATALOG.

It’s ridiculous that the contents on that pack are identical to what they were on launch day. How about after 6months or a year of being added to nodes, full characters get added to that catalog? Considering so many characters are marquees even a full unlock is only 25 shards.

You could even add rare gear salvage to those packs with disrupting the economy. If stun gun or carbanti salvage were added, occasionally pulling 1 piece of salvage isn’t going to break the game.

• It would be a small bump in the road. But the present course, I would think, would be more troublesome. It isn't our fault, as players, that the issue wasn't addressed when it should've been. That was when tournaments were dissolved. [/quote]

Agree, they should have dealt with it then, but tournaments going away wasnt planned and I'm sure they didnt want to cram something into the scheuldule to give us something to spend them on. The also said they dont like to take things away from the players, but in this case they are, but it's a small % and in the end would be a wash anyway.[/quote]

That seems to be the defining thread, We need change, lets just do something and see what sticks and not consider all the ramifications.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    [/quote]

I agree that ally coins are useless, which is why they hit a tipping point of no one using them an[/quote]

OMG are you kidding me for real.... full stun guns, full carbantis, full holo projector, furnaces.... from just a single pull...... 1860 shard shop currency gets you 60 stun gun sAlvage....

Maybe YOUR rich enough in life you dont need that stuff many do....
    I mean you can agree with the change, ignore your points, advocate for something new but do not sY they are useless thats beyond ridiculous and downright false especially for those of us barely keeping 500 shard shop credit to our names....

And to the guy above who thinks 2 months not long enough to burn a mil currency itz easy bro just start clicking barely less than an hour spread out over two months.... for some awesome rewards.... thats on you. Got 5 million.... 3.5 hrs over two months less than 10 min a day.

No reason ppl with millions could not do a min or two a day over last year slow burning em

Bottom line 2 types of ppl

Those who gambled this would happen Gratz to you honestly nice hit....

Group 2 couldnt be bothered to burn off 20-30k a day while waiting on challenge timer or something...

Yeah amount removed may be a pittance but you only need 250 to have a chance at a carbanti

In the end kyno is right a slide bar would have solved everything but with the team nothing is really ever simple

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I would say 5 mil credits should be worth something good i guess considering how many stun guns and other good gear i got then again with rng maybe i woulda got nothing.... never forget the day i got 320 dooku shards from 240k bronziums one sitting was EPIC