Jedi Knight Revan: A Missed Opportunity

Revan is a meta-defining ultra-powerful character. He's also a missed opportunity to add depth and balance to the game:
  1. The Old Republic Faction is Underutilized. Revan's synergies with Old Republic characters are too weak to justify a faction-specific Old Republic team. Revan synergizes much more strongly with Jedi, meaning we will see him added to Jedi teams while the remaining Old Republic characters collect dust. Much like Veteran Han and Veteran Chewbacca, it's unlikely many players are going to find a reason to use characters like T3, Mission, Zalbaar, etc. for anything other than unlocking Revan.
  2. The Jedi Continue to be Imbalanced. IEzra remains one of the top Jedi in SWGOH while other Jedi who are far superior in Star Wars canon continue to collect dust. Revan could have been built in a way that would pair well with Jedi like Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, Ayala Secura, etc. It would have given many of us a reason to use these fan-favorite characters. Instead, those characters remain orphans without any viable team.
  3. Ships Continue to be Underwhelming and Imbalanced. Most players regard ship battles as a little more than an annoyance needed to collect Zeta mats. Combining a ship redesign with the addition of Ebon Hawk would have been a strong move for EA. Perhaps that's planned for the future.
  4. Revan's Kit is not True to his Origins. As a fan of KOTOR, I was hoping to see some familiar skills in Revan's kit. We did get an ability that combines KOTOR's sabre-throw and heal force abilities, but where are Flurry, Force Aura, Force Valor, Speed Burst, etc.? Nothing about SWGOH Revan feels familiar to KOTOR Revan.

Replies

• I am disappointed with this as well. Maybe the devs will do it correctly with Darth Revan, but I doubt it. I agree with everything you say 150% especially number 4.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.