Can you leave and rejoin a TW in preview phase?

I accidentally hit the join button in the preview phase and there’s still a day to make upgrades before getting locked in. When I hit the leave button it says “have your attempt refunded,” and “this may cause the event to not occur if not enough people join.”

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Yes you can rejoin to refresh your roster for war.
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    yeah i do that all the time. Just be sure to join again before it goes into the next phase
  • You can leave and rejoin but you don't need to. The snapshot is clearly taken at the end of the preview phase.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    You can leave and rejoin but you don't need to. The snapshot is clearly taken at the end of the preview phase.

It doesn't always work..... Has happened several times to myself and my guildmates....
  • There's literally no point to leaving and rejoining. The only time it takes a snapshot is when the war starts. It doesn't take one when you initially join.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    You can leave and rejoin but you don't need to. The snapshot is clearly taken at the end of the preview phase.
    It doesn't always work..... Has happened several times to myself and my guildmates....
    What were the exact scenarios?

I signed up for the latest TW, then upgraded Cassian's U-Wing over the 6k GP threshold and now it shows as available for deployment. I did not leave and rejoin.

From a dev perspective there are only two approaches to this problem:
    1) snapshot at join and update every single time an eleigible toon is updated, or
    2) snapshot once at the end of the preview phase

#2 is so much cleaner and simpler than you would have to be crazy or braindead to implement #1.
  • nottenst
    675 posts Member
    edited January 2020

They must have changed it back since then. I did some experimental changes a couple of hours before the end of lock to a couple of toons. When I looked at those toons in setting defense they did not have the changes in them.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Necro
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • nottenst wrote: »

They must have changed it back since then. I did some experimental changes a couple of hours before the end of lock to a couple of toons. When I looked at those toons in setting defense they did not have the changes in them.

They didn't change back anything. there's a bug where sometimes it will take the snapshot, sometimes it won't. 3 TWs ago, I set my mods up, joined, and moved mods back. It took the snapshot when the preview phase was over. This TW I did the same thing, but it took the snapshot when I joined. Seems like it's a crapshoot and you can have it be the way it should or be screwed over.
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »

They didn't change back anything. there's a bug where sometimes it will take the snapshot, sometimes it won't. 3 TWs ago, I set my mods up, joined, and moved mods back. It took the snapshot when the preview phase was over. This TW I did the same thing, but it took the snapshot when I joined. Seems like it's a crapshoot and you can have it be the way it should or be screwed over.

They changed it to locking in at join a few months ago, and they announced it here on the forums in an official post. If you have evidence of it working otherwise, you should create/add to a bug report so they can investigate.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.