Next Bounty Hunter Ship: Punishing One

Please make the next bounty hunter ship Punishing One. Just look at this Corellian beauty. 8vw1dgy8tk47.png

I know you wanna make it Embo’s Guillotine to balance old bounty hunters with the new ones but please choose Dengar’s instead because Boba Fett said so. And please make other bounty ships farmable as soon as you can.

Then add Aura Sing’s Corellian Corvette for a bounty hunter capital ship. Please search for my “Bounty Hunter Capital Ship?” thread for more info.

Seriously though, the aesthetics alone are enough for Punishing One to become a reality. What ship has a cooler, more unique design than this in the Star Wars universe?

Replies

• Options
    I 100% support this decision.
  • Options
    I'm not against it, but my Star Wars Nerd status compels me to point out that a Corvette is like, 1/16th the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer or Mon Cal cruiser and doesn't carry any fighters, and thus sort of an odd choice for a capital ship.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Seriously though, the aesthetics alone are enough for Punishing One to become a reality. What ship has a cooler, more unique design than this in the Star Wars universe?
    X-Wing, B-Wing, Tie Fighter (and variants), Tri Fighter, Vulture Droid, Slave 1, Naboo N-1, Millenium Falcon, Outrider etc.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    X-Wing, B-Wing, Tie Fighter (and variants), Tri Fighter, Vulture Droid, Slave 1, Naboo N-1, Millenium Falcon, Outrider etc.

Maybe B-Wing. Otherwise nothing nearly as unique and non-uniform
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm not against it, but my Star Wars Nerd status compels me to point out that a Corvette is like, 1/16th the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer or Mon Cal cruiser and doesn't carry any fighters, and thus sort of an odd choice for a capital ship.

Can carry two starfighters on the sides at least
  • Options

ROFLMAO!!! X-Wing and Tie Fighter are the most iconic fighters of the Star Wars Universe.

Find me any SciFi spacecraft pre-1977 that looked like an X-Wing or a Tie Fighter. Then see how many saucer-shaped spacecraft there were.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »

Still not fit for a Capital ship - it's a Corvette after all!

I proposed that idea as well. You know, first of all it is a "holo table" game... there are a lot of things that don't make sense in the normal fighting as well... Second, the intention - I'm pretty sure on that - is to show us a small picture of a larger space battle going on. Thus Corvettes like the Tantive IV or the Imperial Raider-class could be involved as well.
    I suggested that such ships are way faster than capital ships, with less support characteristics and more direct attacking vs single targets (as I think that would be more fitting).

Well, who knows? maybe, just maybe we get an armda style holo table once? TIE-Fighter squadron, instead of 1 vessel, Capital ships are a unique slot (so only one capital ship) and up to 2 corvettes and/or frigates fighting in turns (10 turns, player or AI choose a path for the fleet. they move, fight then starts the next turn, you have to make sure enemies are in your line of fire... well, one can dream)
  • Options

Still technically a capital ship
  • Options

ROFLMAO!!! X-Wing and Tie Fighter are the most iconic fighters of the Star Wars Universe.

Find me any SciFi spacecraft pre-1977 that looked like an X-Wing or a Tie Fighter. Then see how many saucer-shaped spacecraft there were.

I said unique and cool looking. X-wing and tie fighter are mass produced and uniform.
  • Options

I said unique and cool looking. X-wing and tie fighter are mass produced and uniform.
    In the context of Star Wars they are mass-produced but in the context of the SciFi genre they are unique and cool looking.

Dengar's Punishing One is actually a Jumpmaster 5000 produced by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. Modified, sure, but the basic shape was mass produced so not unique-looking. As for cool... it's just a saucer with some bits cut out.
  • Options
    You don’t know jack about squat.
  • Options
    You don’t know jack about squat.
    LOL! I see you ran out of rationale.
  • Skyfrager59
    243 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Not sure BH would ever have a capital ship. They kinda are independant folks...

My guess is Darth Malak will be the next CS commander.
    But I'd still prefer Hux with FO SD. The FO needs love...
  • Options

Still technically a capital ship

Nope! Definitely not in size nor in armament! The CR90 is just too weak to justify a powerful kit that can match ISD and Mon Cals!

It could be more tactical like a support character would be so you’re way off.
  • Options
    Not sure BH would ever have a capital ship. They kinda are independant folks...

My guess is Darth Malak will be the next CS commander.
    But I'd still prefer Hux with FO SD. The FO needs love...
    I agree. The First Order needs a Capital Ship ( there's actually two they could have but HUx's is probably a better choice than the other, which is Snoke's).
    Also, Hux is kind of in charge of the Finalizer, which is Kylo Ren's flagship in Ep. 7. I know that sounds weird but Kylo Ren doesn't actually fly it so....