How many Revan’s on your Shard?

Replies

• Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Why should I feel bad for buying a toon I want?

Don’t. Spend your money how you want. If spending $300 on a toon gives you satisfaction then that’s your business. If people are upset about it then they should get better paying jobs.

Thanks man. I’m friends with a lot of guys in the top 10 guilds and some of us are growing tired of complaining. Because around every corner there is someone saying “Our purchase sucks” or “Have to Pay to win” or something to the effect that is wasn’t smart to buy that toon.

I have never in this game complained about a F2P player not spending money in the game.
  • Ya know, it gets really old the same people bashing dolphins and whales for spending money in a game so we have a game.

You never hear of whales and dolphins complaining about F2P. Always hear F2P complaining about whales and dolphins however.

There was a whale in the revan mega thread raging at the audacity of f2p on his arena shard being able to take a top payout spot from him and arguing his shard mafia was necessary to keep top payout spots reserved just for the whales who actually deserved to be there unlike the uppity f2pers who thought they deserved a spot just because they put the time and effort into building a team that could beat him.

Just saying
  • Ya know, it gets really old the same people bashing dolphins and whales for spending money in a game so we have a game.

You never hear of whales and dolphins complaining about F2P. Always hear F2P complaining about whales and dolphins however.

The money you spend lets me play for free. Thanks for that!
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    3 fully maxed out, 1 with just 1 Z

Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian
  • 8 in top20.
  • I think my shard will top out at 2 to 4.
  • VoodooKing wrote: »
    CG should just put all the whales on one shard. Let them fight it out and see whose wallet is bigger.

It's coming
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    CG should just put all the whales on one shard. Let them fight it out and see whose wallet is bigger.

It's coming

I don't think so. There are two issues with this idea:

1) Whales pay to beat up on dolphins, plankton and f2p/guppies. Bring at the "top of the heap" isn't a big deal if the "heap" is only 12 people.

2) F2P enjoy whale hunting. Oh sure, many complain about it and take to Reddit or here to moan about how "whale-friendly" and "anti-f2p" everything is. But many enjoy taking down a whale team in arena, fleet arena or TW.

The reason it honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to "put the whales together" is that spending only buys a temporary advantage. Whales have more flexibility in the short term - especially with a new meta shift or a new release. But then, over time, that gap closes. Until the next shift.

They don't need to put the whales together, as it would only make a lot of people angry and it serves no purpose.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    VoodooKing wrote: »

It's coming

I don't think so. There are two issues with this idea:

1) Whales pay to beat up on dolphins, plankton and f2p/guppies. Bring at the "top of the heap" isn't a big deal if the "heap" is only 12 people.

2) F2P enjoy whale hunting. Oh sure, many complain about it and take to Reddit or here to moan about how "whale-friendly" and "anti-f2p" everything is. But many enjoy taking down a whale team in arena, fleet arena or TW.

The reason it honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to "put the whales together" is that spending only buys a temporary advantage. Whales have more flexibility in the short term - especially with a new meta shift or a new release. But then, over time, that gap closes. Until the next shift.

They don't need to put the whales together, as it would only make a lot of people angry and it serves no purpose.

Its already here! Its called territory war.
  • Six g12 Revans here in the top 50.
  • Thus far none in top 50. There was one revan but they dropped out of top 50 by mid morning. Still the week is young.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I’m reading lots of $$$ Apparently they didn’t price things too high. Better be prepared for the price to go up next time.

Since he doesn't hold on defense though, many may have learned their lesson. Again.

It's a simple point that many people miss - nothing holds on defense. Period. No matter who it is lore-wise or how much you paid for him/her/them. Everything is beatable. And that is by design and very intentional. CG/EA wants players to have to fight their way up (or back up) and pay crystals to refresh. An active arena is their goal - not one where people can drop in a defensive squad that can hold for 18+ hours.

We will see. I haven’t seen any videos or comments trying some of the combinations I think are ideal for defense...
  • Only 3 in my shards top 50, all g12, one with 3 zeta'd the others only have 1 zeta. Aside from that it's all Traya and Bastila
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ya know, it gets really old the same people bashing dolphins and whales for spending money in a game so we have a game.

There was a whale in the revan mega thread raging at the audacity of f2p on his arena shard being able to take a top payout spot from him and arguing his shard mafia was necessary to keep top payout spots reserved just for the whales who actually deserved to be there unlike the uppity f2pers who thought they deserved a spot just because they put the time and effort into building a team that could beat him.

Just saying

Thats funny. Ive never complained about anyone beating me. In fsct my revan can go to #1 but i can be beaten.

Best strategy deserves #1. Money is not the answer
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    2 Revans, but not too worried as he's easier to beat on offence then Traya, lol.
  • F2P think whales get a massive advantage. Not one Meta has come that a F2P couldn’t compete. Think about it.

Most whales and dolphins get toons for TW in all honesty as well as break up boring Metas. That’s pretty much the jist of it.

If you are enjoying the game, spend all you want. You never should feel bad about, you keep the game going that many enjoy.

To me there is nothing worse than hearing a whale complain about the company sucking or the toon sucking, then going and buying stuff anyway. Similarly nothing worse than hearing a f2p player whining when they can choose to either 1) spend money to get what they want or 2) walk away because they don't enjoy the game.

I enjoy reading comments from those who take the time to post constructive feedback. Seems a lot of whales do so for this game and CG listens more than some other games I've played.
  • 10 in top 50....highest is in third place
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ya know, it gets really old the same people bashing dolphins and whales for spending money in a game so we have a game.

Just saying

Thats funny. Ive never complained about anyone beating me. In fsct my revan can go to #1 but i can be beaten.

Best strategy deserves #1. Money is not the answer

You'll enjoy that the crux of the whales tirade was that Revan had better be unbeatable on defense so none of those f2pers could even touch their payout spot because it was time for CG to end their routine of just "giving" meta toons (cls, jtr, chewie, thrawn etc.) to the f2pers like skittles.

Seemed the whale was indicating there would be hell to pay if CG hadn't made Revan an unbeatable God that no f2p meta team, no matter how well modded or geared, could stand a chance against. I'd guess they're blood pressure went through the roof when they saw the video of the murder bears defeating Revan.
  • I see three in my top 50 right now.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    4 right now

Gearing Revan is a pain so I'm guessing we'll have a lot more showing up 2 weeks after the event ends
  • 21 in my top 50, most of them fully zetad. its ridiculous
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • 3 in my top 50, all g12, only one 3 zetas and all placing top 10
  • So far just me in my shard. Don't know if others are incubating or still waiting to finish up their OR toons
  • 7 in top 50 but its still all traya right at the top
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Don’t. Spend your money how you want. If spending $300 on a toon gives you satisfaction then that’s your business. If people are upset about it then they should get better paying jobs.

U know there are ppl raking in the cash but they dont spend much on the game...

And there are people earning peanuts but dropping all they have on the game.

So just asking ppl to get better paying jobs is just rude as heck.