Tie Advanced vs Zeta Farming

So the only Zeta I have currently is Bastilas less for my Jedis. I want to start farming zetas better but I find myself using my ship currency on tie Advanced.

Should I just hold off on Vader's ship and work on zetas?

Replies

• I got the items in the shop knocked out and now I am just going for zeta material.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Make Vader’s ship 7 stars. Then farm zeta mat.
  • I didn't buy zetas until I was getting rank one in Fleet arena. Only then did I buy zetas.

Best way IMHO. Securing future Zeta purchasing is more important than getting some early on.
  • komji15 wrote: »
    Make Vader’s ship 7 stars. Then farm zeta mat.

This.

You can still slowly acquire zeta mats from other sources. You can't get Vader ship shards from other sources (OK you can get some from one time achievements and I think an event or two, but...)
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Isn't the TIE Advanced available somewhere in fleet battles? Like stage 4 or something?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Isn't the TIE Advanced available somewhere in fleet battles? Like stage 4 or something?

I don't know. Is it? lol
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    TIE Advanced shows up infrequently enough that you should be able to grab it when it appears and still snag a zeta material every other day.

Also, you can farm it on a hard ship node.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dxtrinc wrote: »
    Isn't the TIE Advanced available somewhere in fleet battles? Like stage 4 or something?

I don't know. Is it? lol

Yes, you can farm ti advance in 4B.....
  • Ok. I'm currently putting all my ship currency into Bastila. But I'll jump on to tie advanced after that.

All of this is assuming that it's still a ship worth building? lol
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    Can you beat the ship daily challenges? The one that gives you ship ability materials (where you use Tarkin capital) also gives you zetas and omegas. IMO that is more valuable to get done than buying any zetas. Once it’s done it will give you as many as you can buy in a week. If you can’t beat that farm more dark side ships first.

If you can already do that daily challenge then buying extra zetas in the fleet store starts to make since.
  • Is Vader's ship still worth building? :s
  • Is Vader's ship still worth building? :s

Ships 2.0 did change things and I don't know a lot about ships. One should assume that Vader's ship is awesome. But we play a game where mace windu is pathetic and a Resistance Trooper is more useful than General Grevious. So just double checking lol
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Is Vader's ship still worth building? :s

It works pretty well against Hound's Tooth. That alone makes it worthwhile.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I can take top5 in fleet most days. The current top 5 in my shard has 4 out of 5 showing Tie advanced.
    Excellent ship that target locks every time. Yes, it's well worth building.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I can take top5 in fleet most days. The current top 5 in my shard has 4 out of 5 showing Tie advanced.
    Excellent ship that target locks every time. Yes, it's well worth building.

What do you run for your ships?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Even as a reinforcement advanced is worth it (under tarkin lead he is insane reinforcement)
  • In a game where you have ships that do good things when people are target locked but only have one ship that is guaranteed to target lock, that ship is pretty good. Unless you're running fully geos or full breach meta ships Tie Advanced is one of the best ships in the game IMO
  • Even the geo teams have vader on the bench. His ability to cleanse, and mass DoTs when called, are just brutal. Not to mention his basic will hit thru foresight.
  • Vader’s Target Lock abilities are really fantastic. Its basic attack can’t be evaded, so it is useful to attack Tie Fighter. And still work with Biggs.
  • Ok. So I'm also at the place now where I'm figuring out if I should start gearing my pilots.

So for Biggs and Tie fighter who I don't really use and there both at g8 but now I need to start spending furnaces and stun guns.

Worth the gear investment?
  • Maybe?
  • Absolutely. TFP hits hard, Biggs is a great tank