Ground Assault Mythic Is Bad Design

This is a mobile game, and with a single level of a single event like this, you shouldn't be requiring a half-hour commitment to play it.

I literally just spent 30 minutes trying to play it for the 3rd time. The first 2 times were experimenting with other teams before I had Bastila at 7*. Bastila being the obvious best leader, I decided to play it again today.

It was a waste of time. It's fine if you want the difficulty to be such that 2 x g12 + 3 x g11 with 3 zetas isn't good enough. Make the difficulty whatever you want it to be. But the final encounter has a difficulty much higher than the rest of the encounters, and the net result is that people don't even know if they're in the ballpark for finishing this tier without wasting a huge amount of time playing encounters 1-7.

I understand that the protection supercharge is part of this event's unique character ... but it makes the battles take a LONG time. And given that a necessary part of the event is buff management with moment of glory vs. the b2 droids, you can't necessarily buff up at the beginning of the encounter. Instead you're dispelling protection from one or two b2s, then waiting through several rounds before you can dispel protection recharge from 1-2 more characters.

It's time consuming and it doesn't test your toons or your strategy - it just tests your willingness to be bored.

For 2 zetas one time only, I'll probably never even attempt the mythic tier of this event again.

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    GK lead, aalya,gmy,hoda,Zarriss. Finish the last tier in 3 min
  • Sadly you're making the mistake of thinking they actually care. They see no issue in doing whatever it takes to annoy the players. Whether that be making the events extremely RNG dependant, pre-loading tm on enemies or making it so every enemy has their zetas active (even if they're not in the leader position), they will continue to do it.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    The massive health pools were fine when you could use Resistance to dispel and inflict expose but that is no longer the case and they never working it with Jedi in mind (except for the mythic event which is still a chore with a full g12 toons because of how long it takes to clear it)
  • I agree with the idea that the event should have fewer than eight stages of meat shields to get past. The possibility of getting RNGed to death by Grievous is very real and can fuel multiple anguished restarts.

Once I'd figued out the GMY Moment of Glory strategy though, I've only needed a couple tries to beat it, even with no 7* Bastilla. It boils down to a combination of pretty good toons and juking one key game mechanic.
  • I auto it this time. Take less than 5-10 minutes.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Shaeis wrote: »
    I auto it this time. Take less than 5-10 minutes.

10 min yet people complain takes 45 seconds to burn their daily 8k bronziums easy peazy
  • I literally just spent 30 minutes trying to play it for the 3rd time.

Which was your decision. Nobody held a gun to your head.

• I enjoy the mythic tier. Could they shorten it to 4 waves? Absolutely but it's much more fun to me to use some startegy with Jedi then to just blow through it with JTR or zFinn. Not all content has to be auto'd to see what your rewards are.
  • I literally just spent 30 minutes trying to play it for the 3rd time.

Intrinsic motivation?
  • I did everything but the mythic on auto. They came out a while ago and said the mythic was going to be extremely difficult. Don't give up, get the right team and kill it. Bastila lead, Ezra, Yoda, Old Ben and Hoda or Jolee. I used Jolee at g11. But I think it's mainly a g12 event. For the record though, I get it. I never play the Ewok event because Ewoks. 😂
  • Member5973 wrote: »
    I literally just spent 30 minutes trying to play it for the 3rd time.

Intrinsic motivation?

Personal responsibility for one's actions?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The only problem with it is the rewards. The reward:effort ratio is way off on that tier.

Side note: you can auto it with Revan lead.
  • I can’t beat the Mythic tier, but I do like that you must use Jedi and that the Seps are strong. If only the real Seps had such abilities like those speeds and those shield droids.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Last phase kill av first. G12 gk, g10 Hoda, g11 gmy, g11 Ezra , g11 kanan beat it fairly easily. It's even easier with aayla. But that's the whole trick, kill av first. Like every other event, it's a puzzle you've got to figure out is all.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The only problem with it is the rewards. The reward:effort ratio is way off on that tier.

Side note: you can auto it with Revan lead.

Can be auto'd with zBastila and a fast GMY as well - might need to get lucky with timing on the GG wave - I nodded off so I didn't see.

Bastila and Ezra bring dual dispels so the overcharge shouldn't be much of a problem - especially if you kill the shield generators first. Agree completely with Kyno that there should be some G12 gear, a zeta mat, or some mods to go along with for the rewards ride.

• Gk Hermie Yoda Ezra Ahsoka/Jinn
    Team heals produce group hugs (Ahsoka Hermie). Group assists from GK and Hermie. Yoda steal protection buff, grab event buffs, give to everyone.
    Last round is cake with this team. Bring Jinn (or Bastila) for an extra dispel if you like.
    If you don't have these heroes, don't worry about it. Mythic is about the challenge, not the reward. Only two omegas to be earned anyway.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I did the mythic with a team of Zast, Zgmy, Ahsoka, QGJ and Ezra, whenever there is a shield bot up I left it alive as long as possible and kept stealing the shield and using it on my team. Did it three stars. Having three dispellers and a healer that never dies made it easier.

It is interesting cause the event is harder then most other Assault battle mythic tiers, the rebel one for example is easy compared to this. If we could use our Jedi on the Rebel one every player in the game would be able to auto it.

There is only 2 things hard about this event, Phase four Grevious and the phase 9 nightsister (because she can remove your buffs) so kill them first when you see them and its gg.

I am in agreeance though that the rewards should be improved for mythic tiers after the first completion.