Revan getting smoked by CLS teams - what tha...

As the title says, what’s the deal with Revan not being able to handle the burst from CLS lead team even w/o Chewie??.

Current setup is JKR/Ezra/Bast/GMY/GK...full zetas..still gets blasted down by CLS..

He seems to go down like a paper weight even with full g12 - suggestions on making a decent Revan lead defensive team appreciated - thinking better to run him with OR - yes / no?

Replies

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Put zJolee in, he will res him on his turn? Remove him from lead and put in Bastilla?
  • I tried to hit a fully maxed Revan team with my CLS team just to see what would happen. I got obliterated. Not sure what happened with you. If it means anything I’m hovering in the top 50 in arena with that team.
  • Yeah - I tried a zRevan team with a CLS team (with Chewie) and I got killed. So I tried again. Same result. I can kill Revan twice and GMY once, only to have Jolee revive them all. ARGH.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I dont get it. Why are people listening to a newb like mobilegamer. He's a great guy... so are the other popular youtubers but they arent exactly top 10 at all times arena experience players.

Revan lead blows. It was always terrible from the start since you're giving up a lead as good as bastillas for it.

Bastilla lead with revan, GMY, HY and ezra or GK would be WAY BETTER. Revan is essentially a better version of r2d2 with his uniques and he also has a team burst like HY. The insane tenacity from bastilla and the shield + 35 % damage along with a free resurrection from Revan in that would do dramatically better than revan lead.

Bastilla lead is already faster than Traya. It makes 0 difference with that starting speed bonus from revan. You're a lot more vulnerable and easier to take out from damage with Revan lead too.

Bastilla lead >>>>>> revan.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Yeah - I tried a zRevan team with a CLS team (with Chewie) and I got killed. So I tried again. Same result. I can kill Revan twice and GMY once, only to have Jolee revive them all. ARGH.

The saving grace there is that Bindo has to be zetaed to do that. Otherwise I'd be pretty worried about Revan/Bindo walls in TW.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Yeah - I tried a zRevan team with a CLS team (with Chewie) and I got killed. So I tried again. Same result. I can kill Revan twice and GMY once, only to have Jolee revive them all. ARGH.

The saving grace there is that Bindo has to be zetaed to do that. Otherwise I'd be pretty worried about Revan/Bindo walls in TW.

Worst part was I killed revan and gmy AGAIN - only to have Jolee revive them AGAIN! So much for a 5 turn cooldown.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    It's almost as if he gets a cd reduction on basic... on an assist heavy team
  • HK666 wrote: »

Wow. That's what I get for not reading his kit. Thanks!
  • HK666 wrote: »

Ha!

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Considering the amount of zeta's required to make Revan work with Bindo, I Hope that even better counters are discovered down the road :D

Maybe what we are seeing now with easily beatable Revan teams is many players have only paid for his unlock and didn't have the other resources needed for him, such as 100 zeta mats.
  • kalidor wrote: »

Worst part was I killed revan and gmy AGAIN - only to have Jolee revive them AGAIN! So much for a 5 turn cooldown.

Any chance you could try a Revan team again, but this time going for Bindo first?
    Looks good on paper, would love to see if it works.
  • OP they lightside revan even however small his dmg buff against Ds toons is its still different CLS is his kryptonite. bottom line