What on earth is happening??

Ok, I'm a bit angry. I'm in GW, i level up to 54, and then all hell breaks loose! The first opponent team I face is leveled up to a 78. I can barely scratch them. I lose the battle, but also the chance at getting up to 3-5 character shards, 1 red, 3 blue and about 5-7 green leveling materials, 1200 green gems and about 55 ish crystals (25-27 from the daily rewards that come from defeating GW and about 30 ish that come from GW itself). I'm writing this because this has happened 8 times! I do more avoiding GW than I do playing it lately and it's driving me insane! I feel like this has to be more than just a casual my-team-is-better-than-yours kind of thing. This has to be a glitch. Because this continues to happen, I want the issue fixed, and the items that I would have received had the glitch not happened . . . 8 times!

Replies

• Also, I've tried to contact EA about this and I've been passed around to 4 different people. The last person sent me a link to this forum. I'm tired of being passed around like no one wants to help. Someone please do something.
  • My best advice is to read some of the other threads in this feedback forum, particularly this one: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/185320/galactic-war-difficulty

There is a lot of explanation of what goes on in GW there, and what needs to be done to win it.

And BTW, when you say "25-27 from the daily rewards that come from defeating GW", I think that is wrong. There is a daily for finishing a GW battle, but you get that even if you enter a fight and immediately retreat. You don't have to win the GW to get it.
  • They wont do anything cuz CG want this mode to be broken unless you somehow have all the characters at 7☆- high gear. For starter account, this mode sucks, for high lvl account, they can just SIM it. Its dumb and everyone know, yet be ready for the same " get Finn with zeta and resistance " advice, even tho it will take you weeks and months before you get the full team to go with it.
  • You don’t need Finn, follow the tried and tested method, have an a/b/c team, preload tm and use basic attacks for the first three missions then rotate, have your a team for the hardest modes, preloaded tm is your friend..that’s the back in the day advice..
    Pheonix with chopper walks through gw, as does first order, or chaze based teams..I used to run dn sith when he first came out before sins were a thing..
    Synergy and planning always beats the ai.
    Oh and get zfinn and a resistance team, that makes it easy too
  • Dude start a new acc and try to beat those zeta palpa/vader/thrawn team with no zeta. You will get crushed no matter what you do with your no zeta team.
  • 100% not true. I used to face 85/zeta teams on the final two nodes or node 6 frequently as I worked through the 75-80 level range.

I completed from about 63/150 to 150/150 without losing a single GW. And the one loss at 63 was preceded by about 35 straight completions.

More than one team is key. For the longest time I ran:

Phasma
    OG Kylo
    Tarkin
    Daka
    (Swap in 5th) depending on opponent.

Had several B/C teams for easier nodes.

By the time I was pushing 80 I had KRU plus a full first order team with Daka for heals until I had KRU lead zeta. My B team was Palp/Vader/Tarkin/TFP or RG and then Boba Fett.

Rarely had to use a C team.
  • WTFGWreally
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    *double posted for some reason..*

I have no idea how you want to beat Nest with that lineup you mentionned Vendi....
    Post edited by WTFGWreally on
  • Because he made it to 150 already, and did not met what we have to now
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    ... apart from a few times that I ran into higher level teams (and that was 3-4 times max).

And that's precisely why you have no idea what newer players are facing. Maybe re-read the first post of the thread starter. At level 54, you can't take on a level 78 (!!!) squad with gear to match their level, no matter how many teams you've developed in addition to Phoenix. This is a relatively recent phenomenon, and according to your own above-quoted words, this never happened to you.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    100% not true. I used to face 85/zeta teams on the final two nodes or node 6 frequently as I worked through the 75-80 level range.

New players are facing teams 20 or more levels above their own. Often on node 1 or 2. That's not the same thing you were experiencing back in the day. It's a relatively recent issue and it's game-breaking because there is no winning against these teams no matter what you do and whose veteran's well-meant advice you follow to the letter.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Pheonix with chopper walks through gw

Back in the day maybe. Nowadays, if you try to make it through GW with this team:

q4oznbtg6d6x.jpg

...you'll face this team on an early node:

q3fll08h3gep.jpg

And this team the day after:

i0fjpwftk7sr.jpg

What are you supposed to do against that? Doesn't matter how many teams you've developed at that point, you're not getting through a level 78 Phoenix brick wall with a level 61 roster. Not with a mirror team, not with Jedi or Empire or classic Rebels.

I even have fairly well developed Sith and Nightsisters teams already because I couldn't keep myself from throwing money at the problem, but it's just not happening. No matter how many additional teams you build up almost to the level of your Arena team, GW only raises the brick walls even higher.

• Just accept that mode is broken. See no response from devs that they care...
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It is rather ironic to see Phoenix players complaining about GW when the rise of high-synergy squads like Phoenix have made GW harder for everyone.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    NoomiZ wrote: »

Your mistake is using the same team on all nodes. And keep switching teams. It works!

He has said he has multiple teams close to the level of his phoenix squad. So that makes no sense. My original account started back in March. Hit Galactic War in April. One time I saw a team that was 71-73 but they were green gear and similar GP to my top 5. (level 57-58 at the time) Other than that, I had never seen a team more than a few levels or gear tiers above mine until October. Had my 150 complete before encountering this but wasn't level 85 so couldn't sim. My son got a new phone a couple weeks ago(his tablet is 85 and he was also done with the 150 well before 85) and has completed about 40% of the possible GWs because he gets impassible teams. Had a G7 team on his first war.

The complaint DeVito and myself are making are not on synergy. It isn't Zetas. It's raw power and level that is far beyond what the account in question should be facing based on what we have known of GW from research and the devs over the past few years.

Your mistake is using the same team on all nodes. And keep switching teams. It works!

So you're trying to claim that as you leveled, you were able to beat appropriately upgraded teams ~ 20 levels above yours, all because you "switched teams?" (And even better, those were all F2P teams?)

I don't believe you for one second.

Oh bovine droppings. You either didn't bother to actually read what I wrote, especially the part about the level and gear difference, or you've been level 85 for so long that you can't put yourself in the shoes of a level 60-ish player anymore, or you're simply trolling.

Either way, it is plain insulting to tell me that it's my mistake that I had to face a Phoenix team 17 levels above mine. No team switching and pre-loading is going to help with that, I can tell you that much. I threw my entire roster at this team and didn't even manage to kill Ezra or Chopper.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It is rather ironic to see Phoenix players complaining about GW when the rise of high-synergy squads like Phoenix have made GW harder for everyone.

Did you miss the part about these Phoenix teams being 13 and 18 levels above mine? Did I also somehow inflict that on myself by playing a Phoenix team early on, as pretty much everyone does?

What does that even mean, Phoenix player. "Level Phoenix first" is the most commonly read advice on these boards and on Reddit. Everyone in their right mind starts as a Phoenix player. And if these GW Phoenix teams were on my level, or only slightly above mine, I wouldn't be complaining.

• What does that even mean, Phoenix player. "Level Phoenix first" is the most commonly read advice on these boards and on Reddit. Everyone in their right mind starts as a Phoenix player. And if these GW Phoenix teams were on my level, or only slightly above mine, I wouldn't be complaining.

What I got out of it was he was saying those who got Phoenix(and thus a leg up on early GW - at least before the issue popped up in October) are now upset that other synergy teams are beating them up in GW. Which makes little sense as well.