Territory war sandbagging

Csb2147
28 posts Member
edited October 2018
Guilds need to be matched by total guild power or average guild members participate power.. so if they had 25 people in and had power of 50m be average of 2m so they should be ranked with a group of average of 2m. Not a group average of 1.2 or 1m. A guild of almost 50 with same power will not stand a chance. Would say 50,000 difference in power should be the max doing it that way

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    With your system a guild of 25 players with 50 Million GP total, could be matched with a guild of 50 players with 100 million GP total. Perhaps you should work a bit more on your idea.
  • Csb2147
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    That would be the idea make them use there total group and not just part of it to take on weaker guilds..and not really still the idea would be they would fight other guilds with 50m gp but the other guild would also have the same average gp per person.. the best idea would be total guild gp no mater how many people enter.. so two 100m gp guild would fight not the other guilds fault if they didn’t have enough members participate. But would keep them from doing gp manipulation
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    One of the best things about TW is that you can take a break and not punish your guild. There are also people who just dont like it and dont want to play that game mode.

It's nice that the guild is not punished for someone having a life.

I'm not saying it doesnt need to be fixed, but that is not the way to do it IMO.
  • Csb2147
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    then how do we fix the gp manipulation.. and probably 90% are abusing the system and tell other members to sit out to give them self a advantage
  • Csb2147 wrote: »
    then how do we fix the gp manipulation.. and probably 90% are abusing the system and tell other members to sit out to give them self a advantage

Where are you getting your 90%? My guild has anywhere from 35-42 of our 48 members sign up. Not because we tell anyone to sit out, but because we don't require anyone to sign up.
  • Csb2147
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    So are you part of the people manipulating the system if not then was not talking to you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Csb2147 wrote: »

fixing the matchmaking points and base it on better in game factors. that doesn't have to have anything to do with anyone in guild who didn't join. number of zetas, average GP of those who joined, allowing a wider spread on the number of players who joined. there are many things out there that really effect a match, its just hard to prioritize and get a good range of how to match them.
  • Well can tell you last several matches are making this event not fun.. we have maybe 6 squads in entire guild that are over 100,000 gp last couple matches our opponents front rows where composed of entirely of cls Phoenix all at the 100,000 105,000 range second row sith/ empire and nighsters all close to the 100,000.. it’s not even remotely a even match
  • Kyno wrote: »
    One of the best things about TW is that you can take a break and not punish your guild. There are also people who just dont like it and dont want to play that game mode.

I'm not saying it doesnt need to be fixed, but that is not the way to do it IMO.

I get what you are saying but that’s a cop out excuse that although... it may be legitimate in some instances, I know the majority and have even verified in other guilds, the practice of sandbagging to game the matchmaking system. The fact that this can happen, makes the rankings as they are a sham and not reflective of genuine ranks. I’ve seen 17mil GP gaps and even worse. Some guilds are gaming the system because rather than fight with everyone for a true win record, they game it for a win record with an asterisk. Extremely lame imho.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I get what you are saying but that’s a cop out excuse that although... it may be legitimate in some instances, I know the majority and have even verified in other guilds, the practice of sandbagging to game the matchmaking system. The fact that this can happen, makes the rankings as they are a sham and not reflective of genuine ranks. I’ve seen 17mil GP gaps and even worse. Some guilds are gaming the system because rather than fight with everyone for a true win record, they game it for a win record with an asterisk. Extremely lame imho.

how is fixing it so that even if you "sandbag" you have a fair match a cop out?

I think there are plenty of ways to fix this so that the match is still only based on active players.
  • Would have to be matched by players how many g12 toons they have zeta toons. Morse so than gp.. 10-15 4m gp with 15-20 less than 100,000gp players can easily beat a team composed of same total gp that is spread throughout the whole team.