Any non Fake News strategies to beat 7* max xanadu And HT

Dk_rek
3299 posts Member
Other than use healing immunity vs protection gain. Or TFP’s fake buff immunity opening without target lock. Or tarkin letting HT go before the fastest ships in the game...

Anything not geno video shot 100 times to get perfect storm luck to get hits on the toobs.

A real step by step strat thats not 1 in 100 chance of x debuff hitting tenacity ship against advangtage tuned AI....

If you do I would follow your posts or videos whereever you go !!!

Cause this hounds tooth stuff is

Replies

• Options
    Well, there's no guaranteed way to do it, and I usually avoid those battles, but I managed one tonight. It did take a couple tries, though. I used KRU to keep HT stunned while I focused on ghost. Tie Advanced, and Biggs rounded out the starting lineup. Thrawn capital ship of equal speed, but faster would be better. Don't forget that HT gains TM if you attack other ships, so don't hit anyone else if HT isn't stunned.

Reinforce with phantom then sun fac. Kinda falls to improvising after that.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Get gud
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thrawn offense up + Ghost or Cassian calling Vader to assist works 80% of the time.

Thrawn Super works 100% of the time.

Lando Falcon as 3rd reinforce with basic + 3rd special + 2nd special works 100% of the time.

Kill other ships while you are beating on HT with Thrawn AOE and Ghost with offense up and AOE once Phantom and/or Cassian reinforce for the bonus damage.

Tempted to finish starring the Resistance Falcon for a second AOE off of the bench. "Squish One" isnt doing any good anymore.

Edit: I hear a maxed Lil Ahsoka reinforce can do it too, but I haven't tried it.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Get gud

Certainly not this guys answer. I think it is best summed up like so: SWGOH is much like the force itself. Unbalanced and overshadowed by a great darkness.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Well, there's no guaranteed way to do it, and I usually avoid those battles, but I managed one tonight. It did take a couple tries, though. I used KRU to keep HT stunned while I focused on ghost. Tie Advanced, and Biggs rounded out the starting lineup. Thrawn capital ship of equal speed, but faster would be better. Don't forget that HT gains TM if you attack other ships, so don't hit anyone else if HT isn't stunned.

Reinforce with phantom then sun fac. Kinda falls to improvising after that.

Keeping HT stunned consistently with KRU is hard. Doing so while Ghost is on the table is even harder. Not going to work very consistently even with Vader's TL unique reducing tenacity of TL'd enemies a small percentage.
  • Options
    I pretty much just brute force HTs with the strongest single attacks possible. I run HT, KRU, and TFP under Tarkin, and on offense I can beat pretty much any lineup, it doesn't hold too well on defense though. TFP could be switched out for someone else, I just run him in case I go up against slower capital ships so I can dodge their AoEs right after my Tarkin goes (he is pretty helpful later on though). I put my opening shots into their HT so I don't speed it up too much, making sure my HT gets to breach someone (not their HT because it'll just dispel it immediately) and taunt first. My first reinforcement is Vader, because he puts out a ton of debuffs (including offense down that helps my HT survive longer) which gives me a huge damage boost with Tarkin. I make sure to save KRU's torpedo for when I have offense up and advantage and it'll usually cripple or kill their HT. Vader or TFP can usually finish their HT off if that doesn't work. From there if my HT is still alive it's almost a guaranteed win, I just finish off whoever is left, and if my HT dies I call in Biggs as a backup tank and I can usually still pull it off.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Maxxed spy solves just about every tough meta fleet right now
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Other than use healing immunity vs protection gain. Or TFP’s fake buff immunity opening without target lock. Or tarkin letting HT go before the fastest ships in the game...

Anything not geno video shot 100 times to get perfect storm luck to get hits on the toobs.

A real step by step strat thats not 1 in 100 chance of x debuff hitting tenacity ship against advangtage tuned AI....

If you do I would follow your posts or videos whereever you go !!!

Cause this hounds tooth stuff is

I made a screen record video on how I beat a giant whale running maxed Hounds Tooth, Xanadu, even Anakin’s ship. I even made a few errors. Nice, long, fulfilling battle :)

https://youtu.be/rdp0LyqkhOE
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.