Old Republic / Sith Empire tags

Hey guys,

I just wondered if there is any reason why certain characters ingame have not been updated with appropriate tags?
Shouldn't Jedi Consular and Jedi Guardian be updated to Old Republic, as their classes have been clearly taken from SW:tOR?
Additionally, shouldn't the Sith Marauder and Sith Assassine have the Sith Empire tag? The Triumvirate arguably, too? (As they took over, after Darth Revan's gone)

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    HK-47 should be.... he was in the game with revan and was part of the crew
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Top hat spoke about this, the tag is for the organization not the era, so no he shouldnt get the tag.

The jedi mentioned above could, but have not been mentioned.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the replies so far!
    What about the Triumvirate and the specific SW:tOR Sith-classes Assassine and Marauder, though? Or are they their own kind of "organisation"?

Well, according to Wookiepedia and Jedipedia HK-47 is affiliated with:

- Darth Revan's Sith Empire
    - Malgus' Sith Empire
    - Jed

And regarding the Sith Marauder and Assassine:
    - they reached their reached their climax in strength during the time of Darth Nihilus, Traya and Sion.

Well, at least from what I've read, HK-47 went through too many hands to clearly affiliate him with a specific organisation...
  • How's this thread feedback? -_-
    Well buried it is and no one will answer ever again...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Cossin wrote: »
    How's this thread feedback? -_-
    Well buried it is and no one will answer ever again...

You are suggesting changes to characters, how is that not feedback?
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Well, I did not directly suggesting it.
    I thought this would direct into a speculation if this would mean that there is no intention for Darth Revan, Malak or anyone, because it is weird that we got the KotOR toons with tags but not a single Sith Empire tag. Yet, the Sith Marauder, Sith Assassine as well the the Sith Fighter and Sith B-23 Bomber are 100% of that era and organization.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Top hat spoke about this, the tag is for the organization not the era, so no he shouldnt get the tag.

But aside from Revan and Bastilla, none of the people with the tag were associated with the Old Republic beyond being in Revans Crew.
  • Kyno wrote: »

But aside from Revan and Bastilla, none of the people with the tag were associated with the Old Republic beyond being in Revans Crew.

Well, (I only have Wiki-knowledge, though) according to what I've read the Jedi were very closely related to the Old Republic. So close in fact, that you could call them a executive side-branch of governmental forces and the Jedi Council being next to the Senate under the lead of the Supreme Chancellor.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    ...and the Jedi who were around during the Old Republic have the Old Republic tag.

The generic Jedi, being generic, can come from any time in galactic history prior to the fall of the Jedi. The generics we have are from the late republic era, not the Old Republic era, regardless of where the model came from.

As to the Sith Empire? There is no such tag. No every organization that exists needs its own tag, and in the case of the Sith Empire, it would be largely redundant with the Sith tag. Very few units would be one and not the other. Even if you had some sort of Sith Empire leader and gave HK-47 the Sith Empire tag, HK-47 likely wouldn't gel in a remotely worthwhile fashion with the Sith.

But it's largely a moot point, as the units this would affect are bad. Very bad. And adding the Old Republic tag would only affect synergy with Revan. If you actually have Revan ready to go, you almost certainly have a better team ready to go than one that has Jedi Consular on it.

Also, I am someone else answering ever again.
    Still not a he.
  • Look here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182915/megathread-collected-ideas-for-characters-ships/p1

There is the difference between Old Republic, Sith Empire and Zakuul Empire.