So Revan

Prev13
He's seems to suck, is it just that jedi suck? Would like some opinions on the him and the factions.

Replies

• Options
    Got any evidence for your claim?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    He's pretty good actually

I wish all his Jedi Bonuses would extend to Old Republic
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    Got any evidence for your claim?

He conducted a study amongst all Revan owners, they confirmed he sucks.
  • Options
    Love how folks complain about overpowered characters, complain there isn't balance, then complain when a balanced character is added.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    He wins on offense and can hold well on defense....

What part about that sucks?
  • Options
    Just what I'm seeing from those of us that have him, the consensus seems to be that he's not very good.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ace0187420 wrote: »
    Just what I'm seeing from those of us that have him, the consensus seems to be that he's not very good.

Team comp? Mod setup?
    Why hes not very good? I.e. - did you expect to just win, or auto current meta?

Any real information to back this up?

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Define very good. Invincible? You have shown us a few matches that Revan gets beat on defence and where only two of them (ns and zaulvirate) can beat them efficiently. The other ones depend on rng.
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Just seems super limited to just jedi and the rest of the Jedi aren't very good. Old republic is almost non existent at this point. So think maybe some other Jedi need to he added or some other reworks. I was looking for feedback on weather anyone else thinks the faction needs more attention.
  • Options
    The reports are that the delayed kit release was in response to poor testing and they were reworking it. Question is did anything get changed and is the kit working right? Seen reports of the lead being bugged and possibly savior not working right.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Just seems super limited to just jedi and the rest of the Jedi aren't very good. Old republic is almost non existent at this point. So think maybe some other Jedi need to he added or some other reworks. I was looking for feedback on weather anyone else thinks the faction needs more attention.

As an overall faction I would agree, however zBast jedis were already in the meta even before Revan.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The reports are that the delayed kit release was in response to poor testing and they were reworking it. Question is did anything get changed and is the kit working right? Seen reports of the lead being bugged and possibly savior not working right.

You should go look back at those "reports". It was stated that his original kit wasnt quite up to par and this was found during testing. Then he was reworked due to this testing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I'm pretty sure you could put Treya with other Sith and the team wouldn't be good.

Maybe this is all new to us and we have not found the best comp yet.

Jedi lack offensive capability and rely on other things, maybe the "testing" being done is focusing on the wrong things.

Also good or even great =/= invincible.
    New kits and factions sometimes take a little time to get used to and understand.
    l1bzcnub0rrb.jpg

Considering hes new and had such a "limited release" some people seem to disagree with you.
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The Meta report in this instance is somewhat irrelevant since he was basically created to counter Traya.
  • Options
    not trying to bash him or anything I was just more looking for an open conversation on what people thought of Jedi overall and whether or not Revan alone is enough? The whole faction needs some work in my opinion.
  • Options
    I have him completely maxed and the comps are still severely limited. The Jedi are missing dps badly.
  • Options
    When making adjustments to his kit on the fly wondering if some things were missed ? Could just be to early and the right comps haven't been figured out yet?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Options
    How are your mods?

There are other teams that can beat treya, the reason they don't even hit the meta report is that they dont last on defense in arena. Revan does both of those things.

Again not OP, but is doing what he should do. Win on offense and hold on defense. And since they learned from CLS, not the only way to stay relevant in arena. Not sure what else you are looking for...
  • Options
    As a traya user, i can confirm its very difficult for me to beat him. With equal mods i.e. Now there are things i can do like, make traya beefier, cloak traya before the match. I get that, but not the point.

The point is, he autos everything on offense. But he falls against everything other than traya on defense, pretty easy imo. He's not bad, just different.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    He's not bad, just different.

Which is what I feel they were going for. It would have been a nail in the coffin if they made him as OP as CLS for instance.

I would also view him as the nihilus of a new era, a good toon very useful, and in the coming future releases we will see him thrive. Maybe I'm just hopeful...
  • Options
    What is taken into account in that meta report?.... Statistically, there is no way that percentage of shards even have traya.... And, if they do, that report is very skewed by whaling.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    What is taken into account in that meta report?.... Statistically, there is no way that percentage of shards even have traya.... And, if they do, that report is very skewed by whaling.....

Its skewed by people who sign up, and maybe you underestimate how many people have him.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Its skewed by people who sign up, and maybe you underestimate how many people have him.

Wasn't talking about a him.... Talking about Traya.... I could actually see a bought Revan in many shards, but no way there is an earned traya in half of them...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Wasn't talking about a him.... Talking about Traya.... I could actually see a bought Revan in many shards, but no way there is an earned traya in half of them...

Sorry misread that. But again, maybe you underestimate the amount of people with treya. It doesnt account for * count, so that's everyone there with an unlocked treya.
  • Options

Sorry misread that. But again, maybe you underestimate the amount of people with treya. It doesnt account for * count, so that's everyone there with an unlocked treya.

No worries, and your sign up theory likely holds water.... Or it has a shard age bias.... Nobody is going to tell me hera doesnt make the list based in newish shards....
  • Options
    There will never, ever be an op toon that is not beatable.

2 things would have to change

1. Dumb AI would have to convert to Smart AI (more human)
    2. Implement Live PVP - human vs human

Short of that...every single character will be more or less the same...good on offense...eh ok on defense to bad on defense.
  • Options
    Revan is extremely overpowered right now. I went from the only 1 of 3 trayas in my early shard to losing a revan.

Traya dies immediately and if I mess up or dont get off fracture. It's an auto loss and still a 50% chance of losing.