So Revan

Replies

• @Kyno My Revan is 301 speed gmy is 289 speed it's not mods, it's more related to the fact that almost everything except Traya beats it. I'm not struggling with it or anything I climb easily but also get dropped fairly easily by numerous comps.
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    His kit is pretty much only designed to counter Traya and that's a bad design imo. He's losing to nearly every other comp on defense. Nightsisters, ewoks, cls chewie raid Han, some Traya comps, jtr, bastila, palpatine...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ace0187420 wrote: »
    Kyno My Revan is 301 speed gmy is 289 speed it's not mods, it's more related to the fact that almost everything except Traya beats it. I'm not struggling with it or anything I climb easily but also get dropped fairly easily by numerous comps.

the 4 here on my Nov 15' shard stay top 15 as far as i see. Since many people are running the same 8 or so jedi with little change, maybe we are all missing something and one of the usual underdeveloped jedi is really key.
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Could be, but that was kinda my point the other Jedi seem pretty meh.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Could be, but that was kinda my point the other Jedi seem pretty meh.

you still have not told us what team you are using, so not sure who you are referring too as meh.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    His kit is pretty much only designed to counter Traya and that's a bad design imo. He's losing to nearly every other comp on defense. Nightsisters, ewoks, cls chewie raid Han, some Traya comps, jtr, bastila, palpatine...

Care to exemplify the ones behind ns/ewoks/zaul?
  • That Ewok thing was bunk.... Not only did they have superior mods, but the AI wouldn't target elder..... With elder gone, they would have walked through them easily.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    That Ewok thing was bunk.... Not only did they have superior mods, but the AI wouldn't target elder..... With elder gone, they would have walked through them easily.....

Even with equal mods, the Tm generator dwarf is faster.
    Also, the AI not targetting elder is the point here. Theres only 20% chance the AI will select the right one.
    80% chance for ewoks to defeat a 400+ usd char on offense is pretty embarrassing.
    That Ewok thing was bunk.... Not only did they have superior mods, but the AI wouldn't target elder..... With elder gone, they would have walked through them easily.....

Also, the AI not targetting elder is the point here. Theres only 20% chance the AI will select the right one.
    80% chance for ewoks to defeat a 400+ usd char on offense is pretty embarrassing.

Sure..... But that doesn't speak to Revan being bad, it speaks to the AI being bad..
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Sure..... But that doesn't speak to Revan being bad, it speaks to the AI being bad..

Well, Ai is part of the pack, if you want to rate a char. Many people pointed out already that pretty much every team can win on offense. How good a team is determined by how well it holds on defense, and part of that depends on the AI. If Revan is too complicated for the AI, then it wont hold good, which makea Revan not too good.
  • But dumb AI is so fun and awesome, we shouldn't be complaining, we should all be in awe (sarcasm end)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Why would ewoks defeating Revan be embarrasing? That player has been in our server today as we hailed him as hero of the plebs :D. He's defeating any team with ewoks and a daily top player.
  • I’m so confused by the Revan is bad comments....

My maxed out Treya team could take first but fell 25-40 slots overnight....

My Gear 12 Revan,GK and Bast and Gear 11 Bindo and yoda (so no arena mods on them). Take first on Auto and only fell to 4 overnight???

My Revan is the fastest on the Shard and now with how mods work I doubt that will change. so I can drop other Revan teams at will as well even when they have everyone gear 12.
  • Remember when people initially said JTR was bad. How did that turn out?

Well, Ai is part of the pack, if you want to rate a char. Many people pointed out already that pretty much every team can win on offense. How good a team is determined by how well it holds on defense, and part of that depends on the AI. If Revan is too complicated for the AI, then it wont hold good, which makea Revan not too good.

Other than nightmare and phoenix, I have never seen ai play any toon close to correctly on a consistent basis.....
  • @BubbaFett I thought your comment about hera in the meta report was interesting so had a look. She is there but quite a bit down with only 2 users getting 1st with her.

I think this makes sense, don't know how old your shard is but my 10 month old one has quite a few Traya leads already, with people who can get 1st using a mix of Revan, Palp, Bastila, JTR, CLS and 1 Qira and 1 KRU. Given the average shard formation rate there's probably only 6 or 7 that have formed since the Bastila Marquee event. Given how over powered she is there's very little chance a shard that was active during her marquee has any pheonix getting 1st. Also there was a palpatine event in the middle of september which people in the first few shards formed after bastila were probably developed enough to take part in. So what you see in the meta report is that the people who started the game in the last 6 - 8 weeks have not yet signed up to swgoh.gg in large numbers. I have to admit only 2 Hera getting 1st is still surprisingly low though.

j9sinhlb5lbm.png

With respect to the OP's original topic though Revan is plenty strong enough. Most people are falling much less with Revan than with Traya. I think he will distort the game for newer players... he's a character that a new player can get early in the game with just 4-5 months of relatively easy f2p farms that can only be reliably beaten by a raid character that takes about 10 months of dolphin/pay to play building of raid teams.
  • @EduardoCadav

Ya, I would have expected way more from newer shards for sure... But I guess even newer shards have whales that aren't running phoenix .. My shard is about the same age as yours.....
  • Revan led jedi with good mods seem to be unbeatable right now, if you have the right allies. Bastila, gk, bindo, and gmy seem to be those allies. That gives all of them massive speed and damage bonuses, tons of assists and boosts on assist, tons of heals and revives.... Seriously **** counters that? Nothing. There is no counter to that since equally modded teams can't keep up with the massive bonuses. And in tw if revan wins a defense and the person who hit doesn't force close good luck countering them now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @EduardoCadav

Ya, I would have expected way more from newer shards for sure... But I guess even newer shards have whales that aren't running phoenix .. My shard is about the same age as yours.....

Newer shards end up with a huge mix of teams.

Also many nee players may not sign up on swgoh.gg until they are "older" and past that phase. But yes, whales are all over the place.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So much this.
  • @Kyno meh is jka, mace, kit, jkg, Jedi counselor, luminara , Ashoka , plo , img. Qgj is ok at best. I'm currently running Revan, Gmy, Ezra, Gk, Bastila.
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Bindo is who I'm working on currently, he seems to be the consensus best 5th.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno meh is jka, mace, kit, jkg, Jedi counselor, luminara , Ashoka , plo , img. Qgj is ok at best. I'm currently running Revan, Gmy, Ezra, Gk, Bastila.

Do you have them all g11-12 with good mods?

Jka and Ayala are under rated. Ashoka too, but to a lesser extent.

No HY? Hes really solid in a revan team.
  • To get to gear 11 and gear 12 for me you have to be a good toon and those ones aren't by any means. Gear 12 kit fisto and JKG would be a complete waste of resources. I have counselor at gear 10, luminara gear 11, qui gon gear 11, jka gear 11. The others don't seem worth the investment. That's just my opinion.
  • Ace0187420 wrote: »
    To get to gear 11 and gear 12 for me you have to be a good toon and those ones aren't by any means. Gear 12 kit fisto and JKG would be a complete waste of resources. I have counselor at gear 10, luminara gear 11, qui gon gear 11, jka gear 11. The others don't seem worth the investment. That's just my opinion.

Councelor?...... Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    To get to gear 11 and gear 12 for me you have to be a good toon and those ones aren't by any means. Gear 12 kit fisto and JKG would be a complete waste of resources. I have counselor at gear 10, luminara gear 11, qui gon gear 11, jka gear 11. The others don't seem worth the investment. That's just my opinion.

Councelor?...... Lol

Hes a good pilot.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Councelor?...... Lol

Hes a good pilot.

Fair... But in the context of a Revan thread, didn't cross my mind...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Councelor?...... Lol

Hes a good pilot.

Fair... But in the context of a Revan thread, didn't cross my mind...

Talking meh jedi, he should. Haha

Other than nightmare and phoenix, I have never seen ai play any toon close to correctly on a consistent basis.....

Sit works great (triumvirate team), so does cls, heavy hitting rebels, and even ns.
  • Yeah counselor was a early ship day gear lol very meh haha