Galactic war question

Been wondering this a while now and decided to ask but the teams we all face in galactic war are these real player teams or just random characters from a players roster. The reason I ask is because most of the teams I play against don’t make sense mixed teams with no leader ship Benifits ie a team with Vader as leader and a mix of rebels and resistance. That’s just an example.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Partially yes, they are from players rosters, but not sure they are teams or where they were used if they are teams.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Partially yes, they are from players rosters, but not sure they are teams or where they were used if they are teams.

Yeah I’m unsure too but I have faced really gd teams with cls lead with rebels lol
  • Yeah, and I've definitely faced Phoenix squads, zEp sith teams, fo squads, and none of those ever have incorrect leaders. If it was totally random it would have Phoenix teams without Hera lead. At least nodes 6 and 12 are legit teams imo
  • Even the odd-looking combos could be real squads. Not everyone figures out the game mechanics. Heck, we get level 70+ folks with real oddball squads asking for help here.
  • I always assumed they were squads that player had also used in GW, or else in arena.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I recall one of my guild members facing my guild leaders arena team for last battle, so it might be arena. Is it just people from your shard?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I always assumed they were squads that player had also used in GW, or else in arena.

I have run into player names I know, and shown that person and they are not teams they think they used. And the ones that make no sense, it's hard to think someone would have used them, but wielder things have happened.
  • I see GW is back to stupid again. Was fun a while but now back to dodged/deflected or unhittable opponents again. Yesterday one of the ridiculous nightsisters teams that just keep coming back to life. Today my entire roster gets wiped out (all 7 star level 85, level 11 gear and maxed mods) without even getting an attack in.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I see GW is back to stupid again. Was fun a while but now back to dodged/deflected or unhittable opponents again. Yesterday one of the ridiculous nightsisters teams that just keep coming back to life. Today my entire roster gets wiped out (all 7 star level 85, level 11 gear and maxed mods) without even getting an attack in.

The funny part is, that it doesnt have anything special about it. It follows the same rules as everywhere else in the game.
    And the ones that make no sense, it's hard to think someone would have used them, but wielder things have happened.
    You have seen the squads of people coming here looking for help, right? Now ask yourself how much worse some of those who don't come here might be. ;)
    The funny part is, that it doesnt have anything special about it. It follows the same rules as everywhere else in the game.

I'm not entirely sure it does. The difficulty of the later nodes plateaued once I hit 85. That hasn't been the case for earlier nodes. There was a noticeable jump when I reached 1.25m GP this week. In the past few days, I've hit a Nightmare team on node 5 with 3/5 G12/zetas and a G11 BH team with zetas on node 6.

I'm not entirely sure it does. The difficulty of the later nodes plateaued once I hit 85. That hasn't been the case for earlier nodes. There was a noticeable jump when I reached 1.25m GP this week. In the past few days, I've hit a Nightmare team on node 5 with 3/5 G12/zetas and a G11 BH team with zetas on node 6.

You are 1.25m GP and can't just auto it? I've been autoing well before I hit 1m
  • I see GW is back to stupid again. Was fun a while but now back to dodged/deflected or unhittable opponents again. Yesterday one of the ridiculous nightsisters teams that just keep coming back to life. Today my entire roster gets wiped out (all 7 star level 85, level 11 gear and maxed mods) without even getting an attack in.

Maxed mods can't go on gear 11 characters. That's probably why you didn't get a turn.
    I see GW is back to stupid again. Was fun a while but now back to dodged/deflected or unhittable opponents again. Yesterday one of the ridiculous nightsisters teams that just keep coming back to life. Today my entire roster gets wiped out (all 7 star level 85, level 11 gear and maxed mods) without even getting an attack in.

That's why I think it's a core programming issue. Again today, my ENTIRE roster wiped out on level 9. I have 3 years invested in this game and it never seems to get better, just more complicated.
  • The truth is going to sound harsh but, if you’ve played for 3 years and still haven’t completed it enough times to Sim, I’m pretty sure the problem is on your end.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    The truth is going to sound harsh but, if you’ve played for 3 years and still haven’t completed it enough times to Sim, I’m pretty sure the problem is on your end.

3 years and 1.25 mil GP don't exactly add up either.
  • MrThamer87
    226 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    All you need is bastila lead team when bastila came in I never ever lost GW and now I can sim it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

That's why I think it's a core programming issue. Again today, my ENTIRE roster wiped out on level 9. I have 3 years invested in this game and it never seems to get better, just more complicated.

Sorry to say but if this is correct:
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    The truth is going to sound harsh but, if you’ve played for 3 years and still haven’t completed it enough times to Sim, I’m pretty sure the problem is on your end.

3 years and 1.25 mil GP don't exactly add up either.

Then it is likely user error, or a lack of understanding about the game. There are some specific and easy to build counter teams and some great strategies to make GW a breeze, even as low as 1.5M GP.

I run an alt account at 500k GP that has 130+ completed GW and just hit 85 2 weeks ago.

Also node 9 is one of the first that is over 100% of the power rating they use to assign you teams. So yes that can happen. If you dont have good teams TM loaded and ready, the first loss will put you on a bad spot because the opponent will be TM loaded.

It also sounds like you are not retreating.
  • I kind of lost interest in the mechanics once it became simmable, but my working assumption was that the first half of the nodes were drawn from a randomized pool of a player’s characters to make a team that fit the power range for that node, while the latter half of the nodes were drawn from arena teams that matched the power range of those.

Someone did an exhaustive study of the ranges in power once that the devs, at the time, said wasn’t totally correct—but was pretty close. The last node would be 150% of the combined strength of your five highest characters, though I may be misremembering now that I simply sim it.
    MrThamer87 wrote: »
    All you need is bastila lead team when bastila came in I never ever lost GW and now I can sim it

It was putting a zeta on Finn, for me. Even when my other Resistance was g7 and g8, I was running the table with them 1-12 normally without even taking a hit. (Although, dang, man, those late nodes took FOREVER when my gear was that bad!)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I always assumed they were squads that player had also used in GW, or else in arena.

I have run into player names I know, and shown that person and they are not teams they think they used. And the ones that make no sense, it's hard to think someone would have used them, but wielder things have happened.

I always thought it was a team someone used.... like perhaps way back when you started and had 5 characters with no synergy.

Just leveled to match the player
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

First of all, “back to?” Its never really changed what they give you, I’ve been getting challenging teams since day one.

Second, your entire roster is at 7-Star and gear 11!? And you can’t beat one team!? Then you need to rethink your strategy my friend.
    Or you mean that that one team beat all your 7 Star gear 11 characters. If so, then a wider variety helps. I had a gear 8 Phoenix team, a 7 Star gear 9 FO team, and a maxed Sith team when I couldn’t sim yet, and that one GW daily. Occasionally, like once a month, a CLS team would kill me on stage 12, and I just moved on to the next day. I had been playing for about 1.5 years and had 600k power.

And thirdly, although I dislike NS as well, they are not unhittable. Secret weapon: FO, Stun Stun Stun. I win every time.

You may fire when ready. ;)
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    You have seen the squads of people coming here looking for help, right? Now ask yourself how much worse some of those who don't come here might be. ;)

Genuine lol!

• Been wondering this a while now and decided to ask but the teams we all face in galactic war are these real player teams or just random characters from a players roster. The reason I ask is because most of the teams I play against don’t make sense mixed teams with no leader ship Benifits ie a team with Vader as leader and a mix of rebels and resistance. That’s just an example.

The player names are real. The squads are not. No one runs Luminara or Barriss squads. I fought the same named opponent on node 4 and node 12. On node 4, his Nihilus barely was viable. On node 12 fully Zeta’d. So I think the AI just assigns toons comparable to you your team within +/- 10k GP to fight. Just my Anecdotal Obsevations.
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    You are 1.25m GP and can't just auto it? I've been autoing well before I hit 1m

I haven't failed to complete it since I hit a G12 zVeers Trooper squad at L75. I've happily autoing everything except the last node or two for months. Until I started hitting teams that would be top 20 in my arena shard on node 6 and below. Beat them, yes. Auto them, not a chance.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    If your having issues, just sim the whole thing, case closed
    JDIII wrote: »

I’ve not done 150 gw battles yet tho I can’t sim. What happens when you reach 150 can I always sim after that because I would prefer that
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I’ve not done 150 gw battles yet tho I can’t sim. What happens when you reach 150 can I always sim after that because I would prefer that

After 150, you can sim away. I do it every day, to save time. It’s 12 sim bucks.