Gear Exchange?

3zszkjvxbykw.jpg
Because This! Look, I am not complaining about free gear, but isnt it about time we address this? Like, an additional shop where we can use these items to purchase gear we need? Like make a 5 pack of MK5 STUN GUNS or other highly in demand items for a couple hundred of these? I know you guys have commented that there are more toons to come, but the fact is that this Item is used like 1 or 2 times where as I have 30 toons awaiting gear jumps but being held up by Stun Guns or Black Holes & other various items that are sometimes not even accessible for a few days. I mean C'mon lol thanks for taking a look.

Replies

• Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    erv7fcbxen9j.jpg
  • Do you want all your arena competitors to always have full g12+ teams?
    Because thats how you get all your arena competitors always have full g12+ teams.
  • Even keel! I dont care as long as I'm afforded the same opportunities. I cant worry about what other people do, all I can do is try to be the best I can be. Compete & it will work itself out. But also, I dont even know what it would be like if my opponents werent g12. I dont want to have an advantage by holding people back, rather I made this discussion for all of us, so that we all may have the opportunity to advance.
  • Besides, alot of the G12+ gear is only available in the STR & believe me, being in a good guild is the only way to get it. Why should we have to have thousands of Items that arent used. Just sitting there building an enormous cache to be used nowhere. Let's utilize this stuff already
  • This facility used to exist a long time ago. I wouldn’t hold out much hope of them reinstating something they pulled.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    I would Iove if this happened
  • This facility used to exist a long time ago. I wouldn’t hold out much hope of them reinstating something they pulled.

I've heard that it was once in place, I think it was removed about the time I started, so at that point, I wouldn't have even known what I needed lol
    Yeah, I know, I remember in a video, I think it was Carrie that made a statement in response to excess gear from the challenges. I don't want to get rid of the challenges, don't get me wrong. But as I'm sure you have the same problem of only being able to use 2 maybe 3 pieces of gear from all of 3 of the challenges combined.
    But at least of the subject keeps coming around they might maul it over. It would be great to have like 2 week or monthly store events designed specifically as a reward for the grind it takes to build up that amount. They could start it for the Anniversary next month. But like you said, probably fruitless
  • AA86 wrote: »
    I would Iove if this happened

Right!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They will always pace player development. The general solution for gear like that is just going to be to remove sources of it, probably not to let us use it elsewhere.
  • Well, that isn't what was discussed before. I mean I understand the buisness of it. But I don't know that such things are set in stone so to speak. But as well, I do not wish to see free gear removed, there are only 3 pieces of gear that I can use out of the 3 events & they are all contained in Tarkins Challenge. If I dont have to do them, that wouldn't bother me either. The picture I posted shows several toons requiring that gear, i dont know if that doesnt update as the gear is circulated or not. But I have nowhere to used well over 3000 pieces of that 1 gear. I have many many more, & not just stuff you get in the challenges. But all of the many (in my opinion) overstuffed hard nodes that are in a very rng dependent system designed to overflow with items generally used in lower geared toons.
    So all of this os going to waste & efforts are in vain.
    Growth & achievement should be rewarded & I whole heartedly believe that it is time to start rewarding the people that have vested in their product. Rather I feel everytime I have made great strides & growth it gets taken from me or set back somehow. It's time to give back the community that lines the pockets & makes this possible
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    Well, that isn't what was discussed before. I mean I understand the buisness of it. But I don't know that such things are set in stone so to speak. But as well, I do not wish to see free gear removed, there are only 3 pieces of gear that I can use out of the 3 events & they are all contained in Tarkins Challenge. If I dont have to do them, that wouldn't bother me either. The picture I posted shows several toons requiring that gear, i dont know if that doesnt update as the gear is circulated or not. But I have nowhere to used well over 3000 pieces of that 1 gear. I have many many more, & not just stuff you get in the challenges. But all of the many (in my opinion) overstuffed hard nodes that are in a very rng dependent system designed to overflow with items generally used in lower geared toons.
    So all of this os going to waste & efforts are in vain.
    Growth & achievement should be rewarded & I whole heartedly believe that it is time to start rewarding the people that have vested in their product. Rather I feel everytime I have made great strides & growth it gets taken from me or set back somehow. It's time to give back the community that lines the pockets & makes this possible

They stated in the interview when the questions about gear came up, that they generally like to add more sources for gear when its needed.

Then in response to the outcry that we had 1000s of challenge gear they came back saying they would remove it from raids.

They have never spoken about adding a way to go from 1( gear we have 1000s of) to the other (gear we need 1000s of).

That is what has been (or not been) stated.

They do give back, they have added sources of gear we need.

I'm not saying you will use all 3000 of anything we are getting from some sources like challenges, but there are toons that can use it and you can bypass those early gear levels with ease, that us at least some of a reward for being an older player.
  • No, I'm talking about last year when they did all of those questionnaires. When they made us feel as if we were tall for a moment
  • Anyway, I'm not going to argue about it. I dont care if they take them at this point. I just thought it would be cool & they should here it or any proposal at anytime. This game costs way to much to not be able to voice ones opinion or ask the Devs a question & feel belittled by people. Anytime anybody has anything remotely defensive or player helpful there is a bunch of people that tell them they are wrong as if they work for CG.