Barriss nerf

Prev13
Great timing on the massive nerf to her heal. I would have bought the $99.99 pack but since Barriss' heal was neutered, which I'm not sure really was that much better than any other healer especially considering the pain it is to farm her shards, I don't really think I want to drop $100 on a pack that will give great characters and then ultimately get nerfed in a few weeks. She has nearly zero offense and her only real saving grace was her better than average heal. She's basically now a bullet soak with a good heal. The only good portion of her heal is that the healing equalizer goes through healing immunity.

Replies

• That nerf isn't that bad. Her heal is still massive. This game is new and nerfs + buffs are expected. So i don't think that Barriss is massively nerfed. And there is something else that is positive - with these changes we can do our best to invent the new ultimate team - the new meta if you will, so i don't think all these changes are bad.
    May the force be with you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Feel the same way as the op. This was an unfair and excessive nerf to a premium and one dimensional character. The new pack is already silly overpriced but with this move I am even less interested.

And yes this IS a substantial nerf. Her healing effects were all she brought to the table and we paid for her.

Lesson : don't buy character packs. Good job, EA.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    That nerf isn't that bad. Her heal is still massive. This game is new and nerfs + buffs are expected. So i don't think that Barriss is massively nerfed. And there is something else that is positive - with these changes we can do our best to invent the new ultimate team - the new meta if you will, so i don't think all these changes are bad.

Actually it's a very severe nerf... As the heal used to be based on a percentage of Barriss's health, now it's based off the health of the target... Barriss has the highest health not sure if she still does with all the new characters... In addition to this change the percentages have been reduced by over 60% on each level of the skill... It's a much bigger nerf than you think

I'm guess you used the heal on a very high health character to think it hasn't been nerfed as badly
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • DarthVanio wrote: »
    That nerf isn't that bad. Her heal is still massive. This game is new and nerfs + buffs are expected. So i don't think that Barriss is massively nerfed. And there is something else that is positive - with these changes we can do our best to invent the new ultimate team - the new meta if you will, so i don't think all these changes are bad.

It isn't about the ultimate team, it's about her having always been an one dimensional character. All she could do was heal. The heal is no better than any one else's heal now. I'm not saying that that is necessarily a bad thing, except she brings nothing else to the table. The Consular does better damage and has a good heal on a shorter cooldown. Luminara's heal is a bit weaker but brings vastly better offense.

I'm not saying her heal didn't need to be lowered a bit, but her proc heal was cut in half and so was her main heal. If it was 3%/6% and max of 15% of Barriss' maximum health I'd feel better about it, but it is of the character's max health. I was doing a GW and she healed. After the health equalizer, a low health character regained a massive +432 health. He lost roughly 400 health AFTER BEING HEALED. The equalizer took him down about 800 points of health and only regened 432. Since the health equalizer is based on health percentage, the heal may not even make up for the loss from that heal.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Her main heal, aside from the equalization, now does only about 1400 points at level 54 well geared.

She's a healer who can't heal. What were they thinking?!
  • What happens when the masses cry about characters too quickly.
  • Skye wrote: »

Actually it's a very severe nerf... As the heal used to be based on a percentage of Barriss's health, now it's based off the health of the target... Barriss has the highest health not sure if she still does with all the new characters... In addition to this change the percentages have been reduced by over 60% on each level of the skill... It's a much bigger nerf than you think

I'm guess you used the heal on a very high health character to think it hasn't been nerfed as badly

As the matter of fact, we have been used to get all toons hp to the max after Barriss heal. But that wasn't balanced. Now her heal is not that bad as you say it is. I know that this is a char that is bought but nerf will come all the way down. She still has the best heal in this game, and she might not heal to the max but she is still pretty dem OP. That's my thoughts and i dont want to disturb anyone with this, but this is how i see her atm. I am willing to take criticism and want to learn more stuff so if i am mistaken please excuse me and explain me where i go wrong.
    Skye wrote: »

As the matter of fact, we have been used to get all toons hp to the max after Barriss heal. But that wasn't balanced. Now her heal is not that bad as you say it is. I know that this is a char that is bought but nerf will come all the way down. She still has the best heal in this game, and she might not heal to the max but she is still pretty dem OP. That's my thoughts and i dont want to disturb anyone with this, but this is how i see her atm. I am willing to take criticism and want to learn more stuff so if i am mistaken please excuse me and explain me where i go wrong.

Problem is she doesn't do anything outside of her heal, which isn't even strong enough to justify her uselessness outside of healing. I don't have Barriss, but I think her heal is a 5 cooldown. So basically all she does now is heal someone/team(might not even heal to full anymore) and do nothing for 5 turns.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    You're wrong because her main heal is now rubbish which means she is useless in arena where there are hard hitters and she cant be subbed out.

And she is still hard to farm and BRINGS NOTHING TO THE TABLE other than a nerfed heal.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member

I've not used her yet but looking at the description its a very very severe nerf... A friend told me it literally does nothing and said that the ewok elder heals better than her even without the elder geared up... Elder has one of the worst heals in game and now Barriss's heal is according to my friend worse than that?! Then yeah I'm inclined to believe it was way over nerfed....

Don't get me wrong it needed to be bought down from what it was but not by as much as it has been. Cause like others said Barriss doesn't bring anything else to the table... If the ewok elder can heal better than her, I might as well bring the elder because he can actually revive dead people.. What can Barriss do?

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

No, you're wrong. Her heal is slightly better than average and only because of the healing equalizer. But you are also missing the point. It isn't just that her healing was nerfed. It was the fact that she now has a good heal with still zero offense. Every other healer has a similar total heal but brings offense or other utility to the table. Barriss offers none of that. She has zero utility outside of her heal.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Barris does still have her passive heals. So she will end up being gw only :(
  • Nemesis
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    While the nerf sucks, I am happy with the timing as I will save my $100 and wait a few months to see what damage they do to the new pack! EA do your testing elsewhere and not at our expense please!
  • DarthVanio
    293 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Ok i see your point guys. Barriss doesn't do enogh damage that i see, but when you say thath the elder heals better than her than that is a situation. I don't have her but i use her through my allys and she does a fine work to me, because she gives hp to all of your toons and her heal for me wasn't that bad. But you are right that if the elder does better job then may be Barriss is garbage now.But folks, can you tell me bout her passive - isn't it nice to have more hp to your toons. I think this is pretty relevant, what are your thoughts on this ?
  • I don't know about you guys but looks like I'm going to have fun slaying all the "Bariss reliant" builds in PVP. 90% of my Top 50 is Bariss reliant
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • From OP to Nerf.. what is coming up next?

Good thing i dont have Barris
  • Song wrote: »
    From OP to Nerf.. what is coming up next?

I was so close to buying Bariss too lol everyone in my PVP is using her heavily.
  • Her equalization still bypasses healing immunity, which is something no other healer can do.
  • God dammit I've been farming her for a couple months now, when I started she was OP and when I finish she will be rubbish :(
  • She's not completely rubbish. She's just now arguably not worth her spot on the roster.

Even before this the top guys said consular was better. Now?

• All you can do is vote with your pocketbook. I'm not even considering buying the new pack, just so they can make the characters useless in two weeks. No thanks! They could have given her another ability and buffed her offense to make her more well rounded. All she does is heal, now that she's not that great at doing that it may just be time to move on.
  • The nerfing is way too much considering people including myself bough the pack mainly for barris. Pretty much $50 down the drain and I will not be buying again. I could see a slight nerf but this is just way too much...thanks for nothing. Those who bought the pack should get comped after this steal.
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys but looks like I'm going to have fun slaying all the "Bariss reliant" builds in PVP. 90% of my Top 50 is Bariss reliant

nope, you just have to worry about everyone swtiching their Barriss for Darth Maul now... Trust me if you think it's bad on paper, wait til you see him in action, especially if you have any jedi in your team!

• Barriss has been over nerfed. I wouldn't have minded some minor adjustments like they did with Obiwan... But she has become the worst healers now which is kinda sad since you baited us to spend $50 for her and I dished out extra to get her to 6*.

Good news is I won't be spending anymore ... So you probably saved me $2000+. Thanks!

• Skye wrote: »
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys but looks like I'm going to have fun slaying all the "Bariss reliant" builds in PVP. 90% of my Top 50 is Bariss reliant

nope, you just have to worry about everyone swtiching their Barriss for Darth Maul now... Trust me if you think it's bad on paper, wait til you see him in action, especially if you have any jedi in your team!
    There's like twice as many Bariss' vs DMaul. DMaul defence is low, not hard to kill like latter
  • Barriss heals Sid both lvl.53
    Pre patch:2500-3000(leader)
    Post patch:800

thats are only 32% from the old heal

My Lumi with same skill level heals for 3000+1500 next round=4500

50€ for nothing.

• I don't own Barriss, but well done, EA. Just like VW who claimed to be environment-friendly, but sold a dirty diesel engine, you just angered perhaps your most important customer base (i.e. people who actually pays real cash) by charging a premium for an hero that does not deliver up to the value that people paid for. Well done. It is beyond my understanding as to who would pay £80 for the latest pack when you have already set a wrong precedence. Good luck winning back the broken trust.
  • I bought barriss pack but i agree with the nerf.
    Barriss shouldn't be that good in the star wars universe.

But hey, please you buff up mace windu. He is a legendary jedai master, you know?
  • Agreed on the Windu buff, I only use his buff removal and he hits sorta weak compared to others. His leader ability is fun sometimes.

On barriss; I don't think the nerf was done appropriately. Yes, she was OP, but not hard to counter and her damage created a trade off scenario. The normalization part of her heal is still decent especially if paired with another healer like JC. She will still do well in GW so it's not a total waste.

I think they should have simply nerfed her HP a bit to weaken the second part of the heal and kept her the same otherwise or maybe a slight nerf to the % heal of her health. This way she still hits weakly but her heal is worth it and with lower hp she could still be handled.
  • Akaryn
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    Song wrote: »
    From OP to Nerf.. what is coming up next?

I was so close to buying Bariss too lol everyone in my PVP is using her heavily.

That was so the point, right? Every P2P used her because even on 4 star she would heal up to 8,5k hp (on level 55) on one champ and quite a substantial amount on all the others. Now they balanced that one out to still an impressive heal-balancing (saw 5,5k (3,8+1,7) earlier today). Makes it all a bit more fairer.
    Yet although I neither have her nor fancy her I'd say she deserves her attack to be more valuable, maybe grant her a little higher percentage of the heal proccing. That would ultimately make her still pretty useful all around.

Until then though, I just grin at all richkids whining their butts off because someone laid hand on their favorite toy :smiley: