Barriss nerf

13Next

Replies

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    Maybe now that her nuclear heal has been weakened, they will be able to buff the % proc on her attack-based heal or something to compensate.

They nerfed that one as well lol. It used to be 5%/10% and now it's 3%/6%. I noticed it during an arena battle and that's what led me to these forums.
  • Bloog wrote: »
    Nerfing a character which you sold for cash is unethical. No matter how little or heavy the need was.
    Agreed. You can talk to me about the EULA all day long but if you sell me a powerful character at a premium, I expect that character to essentially remain untouched. If this is not acceptable to EA, then they should stop releasing characters that are obviously significantly more powerful than others and do a better job of balancing.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I agree with others. Both the Jedi Cons & Lumina heal better than Barris and when that is her only skill and she has no attack she is useless now.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Again, she is not useless. She is excellent in GW.
    But she ain't what she used to be.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • This is crap. Barriss was my strongest toon and the one I put the most time and effort into.

Capital Games before December of this year went two years without EVER nerfing a character. When they did, it pretty much destroyed their company on their other game Heroes of Dragon Age.

Everyone is gone.

What did CG learn from this experience? Apparently nothing. Long time players of Capital games assumed (yes, I know dangerous word) that after nerfing a character (namely Advisor Leliana in HoDA) and crediting 75k accounts and flushing their game and EAs profits (hurt my stock in the fourth quarter...don't know what did, but something did)...

I did not expect an **** nerf.

I'm sorry if p2p players bother certain people. I have both a f2p account and a p2p account. I play them quite differently with different strategies. There are many OP toons. There are OP toons that were left OP, or made more OP.

Truth is, this just flushed a pretty much most of my time on my p2p jedi team down the toilet. Ben was nerfed 2. My f2p team is much stronger after the nerf. Guess I shouldn't have blown all that time and money.

All you have taught me CG and EA is f2p is the way to go. Investing in your company is a waste of time and effort.

Much better to play for free. Thx guys. You just saved me a ton of money.

You aren't worth investing in outside a platform game. And please don't send BioWare games to CG. They really are to good for CG.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm fine with the nerf to her heal. She should not be able till fill whole team to 100% that easily.

I do think they need to increase the size of her periodic heal on her attack tho to balance her lack of damage or restore it to its previous 5/10 that went too far.

The nerf bat hit a lil too hard.
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    Just look at the top leaderboards of who is the leader of most teams and you'll see her. When a character is so dominant that's she's almost universally used, a nerf will come. I can see a reduction of second attack chance on the count but we will see.
  • I want my money back. The fact is that the one character that desperately needs a nerf didn't get one.

Bring her back to her origional stats, which is why people bought her. This is straight up fraud.
  • Cyn wrote: »
    Just look at the top leaderboards of who is the leader of most teams and you'll see her. When a character is so dominant that's she's almost universally used, a nerf will come. I can see a reduction of second attack chance on the count but we will see.

count isn't op, sid will be way more likely to be nerfed, I ignore dooku, he really is nothing unless he lands his stun, he hits like a girl.
  • This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen, you buy a 50 buck, pack.. then they nerf Barriss ofee, it's ridiculous, so us the ones who Actually pay for the game have no say so.. all the non payers... want to complain about the characters are to over powered, then EA steps in. .. ridiculous. ..we are the ones who actually keep the game going. ..That's why I'm now spending all my cash somewhere else. .. because the other Game I play treat us payers like Royalty. . I mean literally. .;)
  • Barris is still good. They might boost her passive heal and/or the % chance of her on-attack heal to compensate if it looks like she still needs help, but now she's not an autoinclude... and that's a good thing. She still packs a ton of HP, passive heal, and can ignore healing immunity, which is nothing to sneeze at.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Gotta love how they placate our cries with handing us 500 crystals. Honestly, we spent $50 to get Barriss, and as a "sorry we changed her after you paid us" we get a consolation prize worth less than $5.