Need advice on squads

Ralakili
104 posts Member
edited October 2018
Hello fellow players,
I am fairly new to the game and would like some feedback on how to improve my squad. I am currently lvl 49 and rank in arena between 1500 and 2000.

These are my 2 squads that I currently use:

Light Side
  1. Bastila *** Gear VI, abilities between level 4 and 5
  2. Jole Bindo ***Gear VI, abilities between 3 and 4
  3. Karan Jarrus **** Gear VI, abilities between 3 and 4
  4. Jedi Consular ****, Gear VI, abilities at 3
  5. Clone Wars Chewbacca ****, Gear V, abilities at 4

I would like to drop the Jedi Consular and in particular Chewbacca at some point but I don't know with what I should replace them. The Consular is starting to get less useful and Chewbacca does not profit from Bastila's lead. Sometimes I replace Chewbacca with Luke Farmboy ***, Gear V, abilities between 2-4 but same issue as with Chewbacca really.

Dark Side
  1. Tarkin **** Gear VI, abilities between level 3 and 4
  2. Captain Phasma ***Gear V, abilities between 2 and 3
  3. Snowtrooper ** Gear VI, abilities at 2
  4. Royal Guard *, Gear V, abilities at 2
  5. Thalia****, Gear V, abilities between 2-3

I have quite a few dark side characters, including Tie Fighter Pilot ***, IG-86 ** and the Geonosian Soldier **. I am also close to unlocking Darth Vader due to achievements.

Cantina Battles / Galactic War
In Cantina battles and Galactic war I usually use my Light Side squad and replace Chewbacca with Tarkin and sometimes Jedi Consular with Thalia. Tarkin is surprisingly useful in this team and he deals a lot of damage due to assists from Bastila and Jole.

Any constructive feedback is appreciated!
Post edited by Ralakili on

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Ezra will be a great addition to your jedi team. He does great damage. Furthermore he is also member of the phoenix team, which most players farm early on. When you get 5 jedi to 5*, you will be able to unlock Grand Master Yoda, who is also a must—have for any jedi team.

For dark side, farming a full empire team will let you unlock R2D2. Two of those could be Palpatine (unlocked using rebels) and Thrawn (unlocked using Phoenix who ate also rebels). Tarkin, Vader and Tie Fighter Pilot are strong as well — and they all pilot some quite strong ships (unlock at level 60).

Happy farming :—)
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Team 1
    Bastila, Jolee and Kanan are great Jedi
    (Leader, healer, tank)
    What you need is DPS —> Ezra is the best bet.
    5th place will be GMY but you need 5 Jedi at 7* if you want him at 7* so need one more:
    Option 1 -> Farm Old Ben, you don’t need 2 tanks on this team but he’s needed for Commander Luke and on an easy farming node. Your eventual team would be Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, GMY and Old Ben. Old Ben is the best FTP non-Raid tank in the game (in my opinion).
    Option 2 -> Farm another DPS - easiest would be Ahsoka (plus she has a nice ship). QGJ is probably the next easiest.

Team 2
    I agree with Waqui you need a full Empire team to unlock R2D2
    Tarkin - a great leader until EP or another is stronger (gives speed). Also has a Capital Ship.
    TFP - AOE buff immunity and a solid ship.
    Vader - achievements and Fleet Store is awesome + has a great ship.
    Stormtrooper (or Royal Guard) - 1 tank only.
    Magmatrooper - easy farm
    Veers - slow farm but worth farming in the long run. Used in Territory Battles
    (Just 5 needed)
  • Options
    You have nobody who is going to do any damage on your light side team, you need someone like Ezra who will do big damage and benefit from Bastilla lead.
  • Ralakili
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    You have nobody who is going to do any damage on your light side team, you need someone like Ezra who will do big damage and benefit from Bastilla lead.
    I noticed this too. That is my main issue with my light side team so when I face a team in squad arena that has a good defense (like a phoenix team) then I struggle but I can beat the other teams well enough. I am farming Ezra already and got 10 shards. Will take a bit but in the near future I can unlock him. I can only farm him from cantina and cantina energy is scarce.

Waqui wrote: »
    For dark side, farming a full empire team will let you unlock R2D2. Two of those could be Palpatine (unlocked using rebels) and Thrawn (unlocked using Phoenix who ate also rebels). Tarkin, Vader and Tie Fighter Pilot are strong as well — and they all pilot some quite strong ships (unlock at level 60).
    Alright. I have 5 Empire characters at the moment.
    Tarkin ****, Snowtrooper **, Tie Fighter Pilot ***, Royal Guard * and Magmatrooper and Vader. Magmatrooper is lvl 1 and I have not activated Vader yet because otherwise I would be prompted in my starter guild (I will leave the guild once the current raid is complete and join real guild).
    So my Empire team could be Tarkin lead, Snowtrooper, Vader, Tie Pilot and Royal Guard. Would that work?
    I have saved some ability mark so that I can upgrade Vader's abilities right away once I activated him. Also I didn't plan to invest in the Magmatrooper because I heard he is quite bad

Team 1
    Bastila, Jolee and Kanan are great Jedi
    (Leader, healer, tank)
    What you need is DPS —> Ezra is the best bet.
    5th place will be GMY but you need 5 Jedi at 7* if you want him at 7* so need one more:
    Option 1 -> Farm Old Ben, you don’t need 2 tanks on this team but he’s needed for Commander Luke and on an easy farming node. Your eventual team would be Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, GMY and Old Ben. Old Ben is the best FTP non-Raid tank in the game (in my opinion).
    Option 2 -> Farm another DPS - easiest would be Ahsoka (plus she has a nice ship). QGJ is probably the next easiest.
    I see. I am working on Ezra at the moment. Have 10 out of 25 shards so a bit to go. With Old Ben it's gonna take me a while. Am at 12/80. I plan to farm him after I got Ezra.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! I also reached level 50 and unlocked mods.
  • Options
    Ralakili wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys! I also reached level 50 and unlocked mods.
    Some mod advice:
    • Get through the mod battle stages to unlock each challenge ASAP. Don't worry about trying to 3* the mod fights as (IMO) they are worthless to do once you finish them.
    • Try to 3* the highest of each mod challenge, as that is what you will want to sim. Those most often give 4 and 5-dot mods, with the occasional 3-dot.
    • 1-dot mods are worthless except for arrow mods with speed primaries (and even those should be replaced once you get better). Only spend credits to upgrade the speed arrow ones.
    • Don't just upgrade every 4 or 5-dot mod to lvl 15 (or even 12). That is a huge waste of credits. Believe me, I know this from experience.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Ralakili wrote: »
    Alright. I have 5 Empire characters at the moment.
    Tarkin ****, Snowtrooper **, Tie Fighter Pilot ***, Royal Guard * and Magmatrooper and Vader. Magmatrooper is lvl 1 and I have not activated Vader yet because otherwise I would be prompted in my starter guild (I will leave the guild once the current raid is complete and join real guild).
    So my Empire team could be Tarkin lead, Snowtrooper, Vader, Tie Pilot and Royal Guard. Would that work?

It would be good for a start, yes. There are better empire tanks out there (stormtrooper and shore trooper) but you probably have other things to farm from cantina store (Chopper and Boba Fett should probably be your priorities) and Shoretrooper is not available to you yet. I've done the R2D2 legendary event using RG once, so it works. EP and Thrawn will make great additions later. Furthermore, gearing snowtrooper is not at all wasted, since he will later be a key member on your future imperial trooper team.

Good luck
  • Options
    It would be good for a start, yes. There are better empire tanks out there (stormtrooper and shore trooper) but you probably have other things to farm from cantina store (Chopper and Boba Fett should probably be your priorities) and Shoretrooper is not available to you yet. I've done the R2D2 legendary event using RG once, so it works. EP and Thrawn will make great additions later. Furthermore, gearing snowtrooper is not at all wasted, since he will later be a key member on your future imperial trooper team.

Good luck

Thanks again! I don't buy any shards from cantina store. I use it to buy ability material. Should I switch to farming shards there? I am currently farming shards in Guild Store, Squad Arena Store and Galactic War Store.
    papy72 wrote: »
    Some mod advice:
    • Get through the mod battle stages to unlock each challenge ASAP. Don't worry about trying to 3* the mod fights as (IMO) they are worthless to do once you finish them.
    • Try to 3* the highest of each mod challenge, as that is what you will want to sim. Those most often give 4 and 5-dot mods, with the occasional 3-dot.
    • 1-dot mods are worthless except for arrow mods with speed primaries (and even those should be replaced once you get better). Only spend credits to upgrade the speed arrow ones.
    • Don't just upgrade every 4 or 5-dot mod to lvl 15 (or even 12). That is a huge waste of credits. Believe me, I know this from experience.
    Thanks man. I will keep that in mind. Luckily I haven't wasted any credits on bad mods yet.