Redemption for Revan (Luke's hero's journey part II)

MJS
102 posts Member
I think it's Luke's time to come to the game finally in his final Jedi form. You guys made a good amount of money with Revan and it's fair enough for the community to ask for their all time favorite character, be added to the game with a fairly low cost. If you're a whale you got Revan, that should keep you happy, low let us have some fun too, Luke should be for everyone.

My proposal for Luke's Jedi journey or Hero's Journey part II is the following:

Requirements: CLS, R2D2 Han Solo (raid Han), ROLO, Hermit Yoda, Chewbacca, Lando. That's 7 characters. R2 is required for CLS so it doesn't really count. Of course Chewbacca would have to return before Luke's event which should take place right around Christmas. The Gear requirements should be at 11-12, 11 if you have some of the zetas, 12 if you don't.

Tier 1: Event starts with Hermit Yoda and CLS cutsceen on Dagobah, follows a fight between CLS and Yoda against Vader. Yoda is in the background, applies master's training and then leaves, CLS faces the "illusion" of Vader.

Tier 2: Lando's betrayal followed by his redemption with small cutscenes leading up to escape from cloud city. Lando, Leia, R2 and Chewbacca fight through waves of storm troopers and bounty hunters.

Tier 3: CLS faces Vader 1v1 followed by Luke's decapitation of his hand and the "I am your father" scene then Luke gets saved by Lando and Leia in another cutscene.

Tier 4: CLS, R2, Leia, Lando and Chewbacca fight against Jabba's guards, various waves of enemies leading up to a mini Rancor Solo by CLS, he battles the rancor similar to the raid, while he's about to lose he breaks the panel and the rancor gets killed.

Tier 5: Battle of endor Han, Leia, Chewie and R2 battle on the ground, Lando battles in space trying to blow up the death star.

Tier 6: Luke battles Vader once more defeats him, then he battles Palpatine, he "surrenders", cutscene follows with Vader's change of heart, throws Palpatine down the core and GG.

It doesn't have to be too complicated, all characters are easy to farm with the exception of Hermit Yoda, who if you don't have it's really your fault and noone else's.

Luke comes with Jedi AND rebel tag like Old Ben.

Replies

• 1st of all they said Hermit Yoda won’t be used for obtaining toons... I don’t know why everyone keeps saying this...

2nd there is not one “new” toon on your list so not gonna happen.

3rd Darth Revan and Jedi Luke are the last money grab bullets in their chamber. Their is zero chance they release either in a less than Extreme Raid or Money Pit.

4th if they released Jedi Luke in a cheap and easy fashion it would just catapult Revan teams even higher.
  • CG is a business first and foremost so if you think they are going to give away Jedi Luke for almost nothing then I think you are mistaken. I suspect we will have another legendary first or at least one more toon. This could either be C3-P0 which many suspect or even bounty hunter Leia.
  • Foxer wrote: »
    1st of all they said Hermit Yoda won’t be used for obtaining toons... I don’t know why everyone keeps saying this...

Hey @Foxer - I've seen this claim before and asked the question I'm about to ask you. I have yet to get a response.

Can you share a link to where this was said?

I've searched Reddit and the forums and can't find it. I've seen this claim enough that I am inclined to believe it but I'd still like to read the statement in context.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »
    1st of all they said Hermit Yoda won’t be used for obtaining toons... I don’t know why everyone keeps saying this...

Hey @Foxer - I've seen this claim before and asked the question I'm about to ask you. I have yet to get a response.

I've searched Reddit and the forums and can't find it. I've seen this claim enough that I am inclined to believe it but I'd still like to read the statement in context.

I think he is upset cause he doesn't have hermit
  • They've never said Hermit yoda wont be required. Any if the YouTube channels wouldve reported this but instead, when they've theorized who would be needed for jedi luke they've also named hermit yoda... mobilegamer comes to mind as one who believes hyoda will be needed.

If ya dont have him, farm him. He's been in long enough no one can cry he shouldn't be needed and he's even a reward for tasks.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    I dont mind any of what you propose except for 1 small thing. Lando is flying the ****. That means we will need another version of the **** that allows OT Lando to be pilot. Which means a third **** that Han cant fly. So nope, my vote(admittedly worth absolutely nothing) is no!
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Oh goodness, I just abbreviated Millennium Falcon as M. F
  • MJS wrote: »
    I think it's Luke's time to come to the game finally in his final Jedi form. You guys made a good amount of money with Revan and it's fair enough for the community to ask for their all time favorite character, be added to the game with a fairly low cost. If you're a whale you got Revan, that should keep you happy, low let us have some fun too, Luke should be for everyone.

My proposal for Luke's Jedi journey or Hero's Journey part II is the following:

Requirements: CLS, R2D2 Han Solo (raid Han), ROLO, Hermit Yoda, Chewbacca, Lando. That's 7 characters. R2 is required for CLS so it doesn't really count. Of course Chewbacca would have to return before Luke's event which should take place right around Christmas. The Gear requirements should be at 11-12, 11 if you have some of the zetas, 12 if you don't.

Tier 1: Event starts with Hermit Yoda and CLS cutsceen on Dagobah, follows a fight between CLS and Yoda against Vader. Yoda is in the background, applies master's training and then leaves, CLS faces the "illusion" of Vader.

Tier 2: Lando's betrayal followed by his redemption with small cutscenes leading up to escape from cloud city. Lando, Leia, R2 and Chewbacca fight through waves of storm troopers and bounty hunters.

Tier 3: CLS faces Vader 1v1 followed by Luke's decapitation of his hand and the "I am your father" scene then Luke gets saved by Lando and Leia in another cutscene.

Tier 4: CLS, R2, Leia, Lando and Chewbacca fight against Jabba's guards, various waves of enemies leading up to a mini Rancor Solo by CLS, he battles the rancor similar to the raid, while he's about to lose he breaks the panel and the rancor gets killed.

Tier 5: Battle of endor Han, Leia, Chewie and R2 battle on the ground, Lando battles in space trying to blow up the death star.

Tier 6: Luke battles Vader once more defeats him, then he battles Palpatine, he "surrenders", cutscene follows with Vader's change of heart, throws Palpatine down the core and GG.

It doesn't have to be too complicated, all characters are easy to farm with the exception of Hermit Yoda, who if you don't have it's really your fault and noone else's.

Luke comes with Jedi AND rebel tag like Old Ben.

Like the first journey this will follow esb. So it'll be hoth, dagobah, bespin. Odds are most of the rebels you fought in the chewie event will be needed. Probably Hoda as well.

If they want a money curve ball they'll require smugglers to unlock the OT falcon for the asteroid chase. Worse case is it requires solo story toons only and the event will drop a week before luke or concurrently with luke.

They could do a bespin han too as a money curve ball but I think that is less likely.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    I dont mind any of what you propose except for 1 small thing. Lando is flying the ****. That means we will need another version of the **** that allows OT Lando to be pilot. Which means a third **** that Han cant fly. So nope, my vote(admittedly worth absolutely nothing) is no!

No it's gonna be an event unit bro
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    They've never said Hermit yoda wont be required. Any if the YouTube channels wouldve reported this but instead, when they've theorized who would be needed for jedi luke they've also named hermit yoda... mobilegamer comes to mind as one who believes hyoda will be needed.

If ya dont have him, farm him. He's been in long enough no one can cry he shouldn't be needed and he's even a reward for tasks.

Except you can't 'farm' him. The only thing you can do to speed him up is join a guild that gets a lot of stars in Territory battle. I'm saying this as someone who has a 7 star Hermit Yoda but is against using him or certain other characters like Officer Leia, Wampa or Probe Droid, for the same reason (only one of those I'm missing is Wampa but of the whole group of four only Yoda is 7 star).

I'd be very surprised if both Hermit Yoda and Officer Leia were including for that reason. They can't make money off of those two unless they add new sources of shards..

Yoda has been in the game for over a year, even if you were in a guild that was getting under 30 stars you would still be able to max him out by now
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    MJS wrote: »

I think he is upset cause he doesn't have hermit

I Don’t have the link it was posted on here though and it was Carrie that said it...

I’m not finished Hoda but that’s cause I’m just finishing wampa, then switching back.

The issue with Hoda also goes back to theres no money in Hoda as you can’t buy him and you can’t buy toons or gear to increase your ability to get him.

• Foxer wrote: »
    I Don’t have the link it was posted on here though and it was Carrie that said it...

*sigh* I was afraid you were going to say that. That's the answer I got the two or three other times I asked.

It's not like CG to make definitive statements like this (except about Porkins) so the context would be important. For instance, "we have no plans to" is not the same as "this will never happen"

It wasn't too long ago CG was saying that Revan wasn't in their plans.
  • Make a Han that has synergy with all other Hans
    $$$
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    They've never said Hermit yoda wont be required. Any if the YouTube channels wouldve reported this but instead, when they've theorized who would be needed for jedi luke they've also named hermit yoda... mobilegamer comes to mind as one who believes hyoda will be needed.

Except you can't 'farm' him. The only thing you can do to speed him up is join a guild that gets a lot of stars in Territory battle. I'm saying this as someone who has a 7 star Hermit Yoda but is against using him or certain other characters like Officer Leia, Wampa or Probe Droid, for the same reason (only one of those I'm missing is Wampa but of the whole group of four only Yoda is 7 star).

I'd be very surprised if both Hermit Yoda and Officer Leia were including for that reason. They can't make money off of those two unless they add new sources of shards..

Yoda has been in the game for over a year, even if you were in a guild that was getting under 30 stars you would still be able to max him out by now

That's not the point being made - new players won't be able to spend to unlock Hermit Yoda is the point. And the fact that he's been in game for so long is another example as to why they won't require him.

Think about it, they've gone extra greedy as of late with the Revan release, it means anything popular will be released in a way that forces you to whale to unlock it. Which means no HYoda.
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited October 2018

If they used wampa I'd literally leave the game lol. It'd make zero sense. I too have all those, excluding wampa, at 7* g11/12 ready and waiting. Even paid to get bossk to 7* g12 to finish chewy to 7.

As for making no money... just the fact theyll put chewies event back in, assuming hes needed, would pull bh packs but you assume they wouldnt put rolo or hydo packs in as well.

If they dont follow the next movie, as luke's first heros journey followed a new hopex then I'm done. I dont care if needing hermit yoda is unfair, everyone has had over a year to get him. No excuses.

Now needing him 7* may be something they decide to change for his toon alone and just have him at 5* to lessen the blow but even then i dont see a reason. I got him at 7* 6 months ago. If jedi luke is meant to be epic then his requirments should be as well.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member

If they used wampa I'd literally leave the game lol. It'd make zero sense. I too have all those, excluding wampa, at 7* g11/12 ready and waiting. Even paid to get bossk to 7* g12 to finish chewy to 7.

As for making no money... just the fact theyll put chewies event back in, assuming hes needed, would pull bh packs but you assume they wouldnt put rolo or hydo packs in as well.

If they dont follow the next movie, as luke's first heros journey followed a new hopex then I'm done. I dont care if needing hermit yoda is unfair, everyone has had over a year to get him. No excuses.

Now needing him 7* may be something they decide to change for his toon alone and just have him at 5* to lessen the blow but even then i dont see a reason. I got him at 7* 6 months ago. If jedi luke is meant to be epic then his requirments should be as well.

If u have no Wampa yet then you don't deserve Luke, whether he requires it or not