Sith Bomber in TB [MERGE]

Prev1345
yohann269
375 posts Member
edited October 2018
@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie We have not had a new toon/ship released during TB week for a while, but in the past it has shown up in Platoons. Is Sith Bomber going to be required in Platoons in Phase 4-6? For some guilds this won't be a problem. They have the GP to deal with the harder combat missions. but for a lot of guilds the additional ship squad requirements could mean they don't do as well in TB.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Expect the worst and you wont be surprised.

Also, in most of the cases, you will be right, if following the above rule around CG.
  • How is Yohann269 not employed by EA yet as a PR rep?
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie We have not had a new toon/ship released during TB week for a while, but in the past it has shown up in Platoons. Is Sith Bomber going to be required in Platoons in Phase 4-6? For some guilds this won't be a problem. They have the GP to deal with the harder combat missions. but for a lot of guilds the additional ship squad requirements could mean they don't do as well in TB.

You're new here, aren't you?

But it's a LS TB, so it shouldnt be since there's plenty of LS ships to fill platoons.
  • Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »

But it's a LS TB, so it shouldnt be since there's plenty of LS ships to fill platoons.

Never underestimate CG, they won’t have a problem putting a brand new DS marquee ship in LS platoons.
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited October 2018
  • origDeathfly
    127 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    are people saying that we won't have this ship because it's DS and this is a LS TB?... both LS/DS show up in ship platoons KVgD6Vi.png

But I'd absolutely expect this ship to be in platoons this week... this is the only marque event this month... that means marque revenue is down... (we had 3 in Sept, 3 in Aug, and 6 in July)... I'm not sure if people buying JKR balances that drop out... it's all about the $$

This isn't a farmable ship. If it had dropped last week or the week before, the only people that would have it bought it. There's not much difference here, except for the days that it's available.

It's going to show up and it's just a $$ play. (but I've heard it's really good against HT, so buy it now ;) )
  • Having every platoon in later phases requiring p2p ships or toons gets real annoying fast.

Want to finish the last ship platoon, your guild better have multiple(3+) of the p2p new BH ships.
    If the Bomber isnt in this TB itll be in the next one and the ship won't be farmable until late Dec or the new year... Come on CG, make it so P2P toons arent required in TB until they are f2p.
  • Gul_Ski73 wrote: »

No he’s def not new here. He is simply asking a question which could be for this TB or another. I get you may question a DS ship in a LS TB but who knows. CG makes the decisions. Also, this will still make it difficult for the next TB as well.

Thanks for stopping by!
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    jubdxbc2nk2x.png

I strive to be more like you everyday Boomer :smiley:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Short answer : Yes.

Long answer: any toon in game when a TB is running is fair game. Even if they were just released, and you can expect more than one of them if they are new.
  • This is a joke if its required in this TB phases 4-6. I get if we have sith fighter required as its now farmable, and i even get if we have some of the newer ones like Xanadu Blood, even if they aren't farmable.... but if the ship shows up on day 1 before we can even see testing and people we know try the ship out, thats just ridiculous.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

There's really no need to tag the CG employees. You know the answer to your question already: Any toon that has been released may show up in the randomly generated platoons. We all know that.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Skykler wrote: »
    This is a joke if its required in this TB phases 4-6. I get if we have sith fighter required as its now farmable, and i even get if we have some of the newer ones like Xanadu Blood, even if they aren't farmable.... but if the ship shows up on day 1 before we can even see testing and people we know try the ship out, thats just ridiculous.

Joke or not, this always happens. Just shrug and move on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It doesn't always happen
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It doesn't always happen

There has been a time when a new toon was introduced through a marquee and was active in the game and not in platoons????
  • when the marquee was in the middle of TB yes
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    If it's in your roster when TB starts, there is a huge change that it's in platoons by default, unless they have coded it not to be
    if it had shown up in your roster after TB starts there should be zero chance of it showing up
    That's how I understand their explanations, whether a toon is allegeable for platoons or not
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It doesn't always happen

There has been a time when a new toon was introduced through a marquee and was active in the game and not in platoons????

If a Marquee is released AFTER the start of TB, that toon/ship isn't in platoons.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    It is in the roster already though
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Well ok but that's not the case here. Regardless, shrug and move on. You can do decent in TB without filling the end platoons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ya every marquee this tb thread shows up and changes nothing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Strubz wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    It doesn't always happen

If a Marquee is released AFTER the start of TB, that toon/ship isn't in platoons.

That is incorrect. The first marquee to be released during a TB, was in platoons (pre data like we see from certain sites)before the event started and they had to push the event up so he would be out before his first platoon appearance.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    revan and B28 will be in platoons.
    At least this time around B28 event is before p4 platoons are required.
  • Revan will absolutely be a 4-6 platoon requirement. So will the Bomber. It is timed for release on the 4th node of TB.
  • In this thread I read 'bomber' as 'boomer'. :D
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Revan will absolutely be a 4-6 platoon requirement. So will the Bomber. It is timed for release on the 4th node of TB.

Yes they are...

• LOL :D
    You didn't notice the marquee comes out the exact day we need to start filling ship platoons?
    Coincidence-i-think-not.jpg?fit=650%2C256&ssl=1
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • scuba wrote: »

same day
  • If you don't have massive spenders, you probably already cannot complete the ship platoons on account of IG-2000, Hound's Tooth, and Xanadu. Therefore, I'm not sure what it matters if there is yet one more ship nobody has in the platoons - you can't do any of them anyway.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

same day

Yes but the event will have actually been open before platoons are needed to be filled.