Roll with the punhes not calling assist

I posted this before with no video during the Forest Moon battles. But here it is on TB, bb8 get hit, counters, and no assist is called.

Yes Roll with the Punches is zeta’d.

https://youtu.be/nBgm6rA4W_c

Replies

• Am I missing something?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    "when bb8 attacks out of turn"
  • No_Try wrote: »
    "when bb8 attacks out of turn"

Countering is attacking out of turn.
  • That may be because your BB8 took out the toon before an assist was necessary. Noticed pretty much the same thing today in TB when I had JTR call someone (Can't remember, but I think it was Finn) to assist, she ht and killed the toon, and Finn didn't assist. I just chalked it up to her killing the toon, but I don't know (just got JTR, and that was first battle with her used).
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    That's exactly what it is. No assist is called if BB8 kills the attacker, as in this video.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It’s happened to me too in the last month. I used JTR to call BB8 in a full resistance team and BB8 didn’t call an additional assist. Enemy was not defeated, no one on my squad was dazed. I don’t run BB8 very often so I don’t know how frequent it is.
  • TVF wrote: »
    That's exactly what it is. No assist is called if BB8 kills the attacker, as in this video.

Alright that makes sense.
  • It happened to me as well for this tb. It was one of those " I noticed it out of the corner of my eye" type of situation. The first couple rounds I figured the char dying before an assist could be called was the problem but on the final round it didn't work. Rey called bb8 and that was it, no third hit on 2 tries. It did work fine for when I used them in the sith raid today.
  • I'll definitely keep a better watch for the rest of the tb. To see if he is even countering and calling assists as well. The first day is way to easy, the enemy gets one-shot killed anyway
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Yep.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yep.

Yeah, i do realize that and I did notice the one shot kills but it doesn't explain why bb8 didn't assist on my final wave when the char wasn't killed. Rey called bb8 they both hit, char still alive and kicking and no third hit
  • And just like someone else said, my chars were clean, no debuffs, no daze. All I got was the 2hits. I really wasn't paying it mind the first 2 waves but on the third is when it happened ( or when I noticed it) and happened again on the 4th. Definitely gonna be more watchful the next 5 days
  • I’ve seen it happen too. Not often but more than once and i’m 99,9% sure there was no reason not to call an assist. Bit it happens so rarely and it never has any consequences so i just ignore it. It’s there though.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    I’ve seen it happen too. Not often but more than once and i’m 99,9% sure there was no reason not to call an assist. Bit it happens so rarely and it never has any consequences so i just ignore it. It’s there though.

Usually it doesn’t have consequences for me either. Sometimes when I’m playing the Forest Moon assault though I run Empire with bb8 and r2, and that potential stun from r2 coming to assist really comes in handy.
  • I've seen the same thing happen with General Kenobi, he won't call buffed allies to assist if he kills the target.