This can't be the reason

2Next

Replies

• Gotta get the important stuffs done first :p
  • So my testing is....

If Traya is there, he targets Traya.

I've tried several Chewie Teams (without Traya), and Chewie has always been Targeted even in comps with Nest.

In mirror matches, he has targeted Revan.

Not sure if this helps solves the mystery or not. I heard he would target Nest in a Luke, Han, Chewie, R2, Nest team so the fact he went for Chewie twice I find interesting
  • I've given Chewie a lot of offense.
  • DarthKitty wrote: »
    So my testing is....

I've tried several Chewie Teams (without Traya), and Chewie has always been Targeted even in comps with Nest.

Not sure if this helps solves the mystery or not. I heard he would target Nest in a Luke, Han, Chewie, R2, Nest team so the fact he went for Chewie twice I find interesting

I've tried with CLS comp (Chewy, han, GK and swapped R2 and Thrawn) in the R2 comp he targeted R2 once and Chewy once, In thrawn Comp, Thrawn once, chewy once... Mods were not changed
  • DarthKitty wrote: »
    So my testing is....

Dunno I played some Revan mirrors today and the opposing Revans tageted my GK most of the time and Bastila once.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aka_mannah wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    And like I said before I understand that, however you can manipulate characters and mods to work around those mechanics. In this case it's only targeting one character because it's hard-coded into his kit to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great introduction into the game, what I am saying is that this kind of hard countering/hard-coding is a joke.

It's really moving into dangerous territory with the way they program the AI to think. It's supposed to think for itself, make choice, right or wrong, not have defined directions that it takes.

Manipulation of your team to have the AI target a toon still based on a stat, doesnt change what the AI is hard coded to do. In this case it is coded to target either Treya or some other particular thing. Either way the AI doesnt do everything randomly there has always been hard coded things it works from as a base.

The AI does make choices, question is treya there...answer attack treya. < that is a decision based on a situation.

It is also this single minded AI decision making that allows us to out smart it and win.

So what you're saying is that it's always programmed to make a right choice, even though for other characters it makes the wrong choice at times...

That's is not the only right choice, depending on the team, as I pointed out, treya may not be the best target to focus down first.

The AI doesnt make the correct choice, or the incorrect one, it makes a predictable choice based on factors in the match, most of those factors we can control and that gives us an advantage.

Nest will always open up with an AOE daze, that can be really effective, but not always.

The AI will target treya, that can be really effective but not always.

It's about being smarter than the system, not thinking that a smart system is the problem.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jeric wrote: »
    Good AI design should never involve randomness, and should always take into account the opposition stats and comps. With some AI actions it is dependent on the parameter passed during a condition check. In some the parameter is a stat, in this case it’s a character. This is actually how a good static AI is designed if it is supposed to be challenging.

Revan always targeting Traya if available is actually legitimately better AI design than random targeting. This is how a human would play that team intelligently and that should be the goal for game developer AI.

So what you're saying is right, I'm not going dispute that fact. AI should always think like a human as best as possible. However we just had another legendary character released a few weeks before Revan, who would also benefit from that logic. Chewy. If ran with Zolo the biggest threat from the other team is always traya, yet it's always random who they both attack first.

So, maybe there needs to be an AI stat introduced into the game so we can all farm "smart" characters to put on defence...

It's a joke buddy, I'm glad you're enjoying your Revan :-)

The META has always been the smart characters that perform best on defense. Always.
  • Can we complain about the characters the AI doesn’t make the right choice on, instead of the ones it does?
  • Not gonna lie, i tend to target Traya first out of fear of knowing what she can do. Knowing that my Revan is programmed to Think the same way is kinda cool lol
  • Can we complain about the characters the AI doesn’t make the right choice on, instead of the ones it does?
    It seems to be anyone other than Traya and Revan. Thrawn fractures randomly, RJT dispels randomly...

One would think they would be smart toons too
  • Traya generally isolates the opposing DN because he generally has the highest health / protection pool. Game designers knew DN would typically be the highest health protection pool from all of the debuffs. Thus it makes mirror matches between trayas more difficult that they would be otherwise.
  • Aka_mannah wrote: »
    Can we complain about the characters the AI doesn’t make the right choice on, instead of the ones it does?
    It seems to be anyone other than Traya and Revan. Thrawn fractures randomly, RJT dispels randomly...

One would think they would be smart toons too

They seem to have gotten smarter at times. JTR does always call BB-8 to assist, which is smart. Bastila’s assist is also predictable (I’m pretty sure it’s lowest health). In ships the targeting has gotten much smarter as well. Overall targeting is still terrible, but hopefull this trend continues.
  • The AI does what a human would do is a win in my book. Instead of complaining about revan, go complain about the 95% other chars that purposely play stupid, to play a bit smarter too.
  • I feel that hard coding for revan to always mark traya should be transparent.

Traya's isolate the largest total hp+prot, that's a variable.

But in terms of hardcoding, someone please get a developer to confirm. If that is so. Will this be for all new p2p toons going forward?

@CG_SBCrumb
    So, as someone who didn't whale on Revan I'm trying to work out why he ALWAYS targets traya. I've asked around and the best answer I've found is this:

"If he doesn't target Traya, she isolates him and its game over."

So, every other toon in the game is subject to RNG, but Revan isn't?

He will always target traya because if he doesn't, he won't hold on defence and there fore would be useless in arena.

Say it ain't so... If it's really only for that reason I'd say that's pretty messed up. I'm glad he was introduced but the whole premise of arena battles was based on RNG, now we have one toon targeting another because her special ability is better than his, if she's gets to land it on him.

Someone's gotta be joking right?

I had the same reaction when I found this out too. Some people here say its "AI and meant to mimic player behavior" and they're correct in the fact that everyone WOULD target Traya first, but unless they code EVERY character to do the wise and most likely human choice (I'm looking at you Thrawn) then I feel like this falls under the category of unfair.

With that being said I'm quite enjoying the current meta, there are actually multiple options and all of them are relatively equal on defense.
  • ctyc123 wrote: »
    I feel that hard coding for revan to always mark traya should be transparent.

But in terms of hardcoding, someone please get a developer to confirm. If that is so. Will this be for all new p2p toons going forward?

@CG_SBCrumb

I don't think they are answer a question like that, it really opens a can of worms...

Or spaghetti in this case... That's how the code for this game is written from what I've be told from multiple sources.

Catering to the cash economy.

Go back two years we needed any 5 rebels to get EP. If EP was just being released now, we'd need 3 marquee toons and two that are useless on hard node farms that are not in shops or don't have regular events to farm them.

I really enjoy this game but the core business model sure has changed for the worse.
    ctyc123 wrote: »
    I feel that hard coding for revan to always mark traya should be transparent.

@CG_SBCrumb

I don't think they are answer a question like that, it really opens a can of worms...

Or spaghetti in this case... That's how the code for this game is written from what I've be told from multiple sources.

Catering to the cash economy.

Go back two years we needed any 5 rebels to get EP. If EP was just being released now, we'd need 3 marquee toons and two that are useless on hard node farms that are not in shops or don't have regular events to farm them.

I really enjoy this game but the core business model sure has changed for the worse.

If you go back one month you needed any 5 Bounty Hunters to unlock Chewbacca, of which many people already had 5 at 7*. Or if you go back 10 months you needed a Legendary character and two useless Marquee characters on high cost cantina nodes to unlock RJT.

You can make any point you want if you cherry pick your data.
  • Freydwen wrote: »
    In fleets my Tie Advanced will get focus-fired 100% of the time if there are no taunts up. I'm not sure how this is any different.

Best point in the thread.

Truth is RNG is dumbing down the AI.

I Do not think it was needed. Revan falls like a rock after payout
  • So, now they change the AI to not always mark Traya...

The joke is now official...